Page 53 of 133 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucket bits wanted & services needed

Bike
    -
    Hello,

Would appreciate if someone could lend me a main jet for Te Puke this weekend. Its a Mikuni large hex type, I'm currently using 160 and looking to try a 155/150 or there about. I have ordered some from the local bike shop but unfortunately they haven't turned up yet.

So I'm learning my lesson about leaving things to the last minute. If all else fails I will just have to ride using only 3/4 throttle

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    I'll throw the jet box in but have no idea if I have anything nearly close

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    It will be a ways out if it won't pull full throttle. So you are convinced it is too rich?

Always do a test with no main when developing a bike or changing a carb. Pull the main out & start it, get it a bit warm. Bang the throttle on full fast as. It should promptly fall on its face. Anything over 1/2 throttle should BWOOOARR. If it revs on quickly kill it & your issue is the needle is too fat at the sharp end.

So with the main back in does it give the same Bwoorr? If so then ok its super rich. Go down in steps, but 1 jet size isn't likely to get it if it is that far out.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    -
    All I know is that holding it at wide open throttle it dies, gets worse as the engine warms. believe his could be an indicator of too rich. Also been told that could be a reed valve issue however have checked and changed these with no improvement. Will try out your test Dave and see how I go.
    Cheers Henk see you tomorrow

Bike
    -
    cheers dave you are spot on. with no main it bogs at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle and revs it's tits off at wide open throttle. funny feeling the other needle I have is exactly the same. With any luck one of the needles in henks box of tricks will do better.

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    Quote Originally Posted by ac3_snow View Post
    Hello,

Would appreciate if someone could lend me a main jet for Te Puke this weekend. Its a Mikuni large hex type, I'm currently using 160 and looking to try a 155/150 or there about. I have ordered some from the local bike shop but unfortunately they haven't turned up yet.
    I have a bunch of Mikuni jets from 155 to 200, will bring them with me.

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    Got the jet box in the van but there aren't a lot of needles in there. Mostly mains.

Bike
    ninja 250
    Looking for a replacement rear rim to suit FXR150, around 3-3.50 inch would be good. Whats the best option, cheaper the better.

Bike
    SV1000, ZX6R, FZR400, CBR250,FXR150

Plastic offcuts

Anyone got any plastic offcuts I could use to cover the sticking out bits on the new buckets. I've got some old skateboard wheels I used on Grandma wobblers f5. I need some square / rectangle (not round). I used to be able to get plenty in Auck, but Taumarunui is rather limited on resources.

Hoping to make it to Kaitoke at Easter. Had to can Taupo cos MNZ wanted to screw us over for our licenses (full price, for three months). aholes

Ta
    Steve

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC

FXR Oil Cooler

Can anyone help with a FXR oil cooler, mine has a crack and making a mess of me and my bike.
    Thanks
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    Rg50 Fxr's150
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SHELRACING View Post
    Anyone got any plastic offcuts I could use to cover the sticking out bits on the new buckets. I've got some old skateboard wheels I used on Grandma wobblers f5. I need some square / rectangle (not round). I used to be able to get plenty in Auck, but Taumarunui is rather limited on resources.

Hoping to make it to Kaitoke at Easter. Had to can Taupo cos MNZ wanted to screw us over for our licenses (full price, for three months). aholes

Ta
    Steve
    Mulfords have a off cut bin inside the shop

Bike
    husaberg

Where everyone gets a bargin

Anyone got any plastic offcuts I could use to cover the sticking out bits on the new buckets. I've got some old skateboard wheels I used on Grandma wobblers f5. I need some square / rectangle (not round). I used to be able to get plenty in Auck, but Taumarunui is rather limited on resources.Ta Steve

Have a look in the food utensils section at the Warehouse look for the chopping boards way cheaper than most available in quite a few colours as well Most from memory are polyethylene and another i forget (polysomethingelse)
    buy two chopping blocks and give the other to the misses. Tell her its her birthday.

Rural water pipe commonly called alkathene or LDPE or MDPE can also be useful for many things cause its round and free if you look around.

plus dirt bike fuel tanks 200 litre dairy chemical drums (the thick ones are real thick and flat on the top and bottom), Dairy tanker guards have a look at the factory workshop there will be quite a few ones lying about (ours are red yours will be a nice light blue) Atv plastics, swingarm guards,guides etc camchain guides esp big ugly truck ones, old signs, rollers and so forth from factories shit the list is endless. Channel your inner Burt Munro
    ps Yeah i know you said not round does Taumarunui have a Warehouse? i guess it has a CRT though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    SV1000, ZX6R, FZR400, CBR250,FXR150

Good Idas

Cheers Husaberg,

We dont have a warehouse, we've got a McDonals Tho

You've given me a couple of Ideas I can work with Tho. Ta

Bike
    XT660r
    Quote Originally Posted by gav View Post
    Looking for a replacement rear rim to suit FXR150, around 3-3.50 inch would be good. Whats the best option, cheaper the better.
    3 inch Impulse is a easy fit, same cush drive, spacers and only need to machine 10mm (ish) off the rotor mount face
    Dale Kerrigan: If there's anything Dad loved more than serenity, it was a big two stroke engine on full throttle!

Bike
    husaberg
    Cheers Husaberg,

We dont have a warehouse, we've got a McDonals Tho

You've given me a couple of Ideas I can work with Tho. Ta
    Shit no Warehouse but a MacDonalds interesting demographics at work there? what no KFC either i thought i lived in a one horse town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information