Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Wellington 250 ride?

Bike
    Speed Triple 1050, '89 Spada
    That's a deal then. The Bach afe sounds like a good spot to stop.

I've got the kids this weekend, but don't let that stop you guys from organising something... I might be able to get out for a few hours to do the ride.

Shall we do 10am Sunday - or will that interfere with your usual confessionals or church services?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlangMaster
    I had a strange dream myself. You know that game some folk play on the streets where they toss coins at the wall and what not? In my dream they were tossing my semi hardened stool at the wall. I shit you not.

Bike
    08 YZF-R1 Raven
    I'm free then.

Whats a church service? Is this some kind of secret performance enhancement?
    "Or freeze the poo and stab him!!!" - dicks-naughty-account

lol

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by NZJONESY View Post
    I'm free then.

Whats a church service? Is this some kind of secret performance enhancement?
    Hehe.... You are a wise man. Yes... before we ride off, we throw a piston in the air as an "offering to the god of speed" (and safety).
    I had a strange dream myself. You know that game some folk play on the streets where they toss coins at the wall and what not? In my dream they were tossing my semi hardened stool at the wall. I shit you not.

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    Sweeet I will definetely be there as well.
    What's the final rendez vous point?
    Johnsonville shopping centre, sunday 8th march, 10am?

Bike
    Ok - here is our meeting point to start the ride. Note: the view is pointing south and the green arrow marks broderick road in the distance (and on the mini map). The location is the row of angled parking just opposite the train station in johnsonville next to the main road (moorefield). Better to park out here (which will be empty) than in the mall itself as it can get a little crazy in there on the weekend.

We'll head north from here, onto ironside then to ohariu valley road, then onto makara beach. We'll pause and re group there, then carry onto through makara.

Not sure if we should have another regroup point. I think we should. There is a nice pull over / passing bay at the top of makara hill (before the descent into karori) that overlooks the verdent greenery (only spoilt by the power pylons). I'll bring copies of the map with me and we can mark out / agree meeting points on the day.

Let's plan to leave J'ville 10:30am sharp on Sunday 8th march.

How does that sound?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jville_meeting_point.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	121241  
    Last edited by davebullet; 6th March 2009 at 06:42. Reason: Changed departure time to 10:30am

Bike
    08 YZF-R1 Raven

Done and..

Done. Bits crossed up for a sunny hot day
    "Or freeze the poo and stab him!!!" - dicks-naughty-account

lol

Bike
    Weather might clear up on Sunday... here's saturday's assessment:

"Saturday

Rain over the North Island easing to a few showers, and clearing in the east from Wellington to Gisborne. Over the South Island, some rain continuing in the west, and clearing in the east,although showers come back to the south coast later."

Bike
    CBR600RR 08 in NZ, SV650S in Sweden
    If the weather clears up I might meet up with you guys at Makara, dont want to go all the way to JVille considering the end point is right outside my house.

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    Will take my camera
    Will be nice to see you again guys for those I had the chance to meet before and to meet new people !
    See you on sunday!

Bike
    CBR600RR 08 in NZ, SV650S in Sweden
    I might swap my radar detector for a video camera if I manage to get it back from a friend who 'borrowed' it for last 4 months.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by captain_andrey View Post
    If the weather clears up I might meet up with you guys at Makara, dont want to go all the way to JVille considering the end point is right outside my house.
    Cool! So it's coffee and cake at the captains! (just kidding)

I'll bring a still camera for all those regroup points (or other interesting vistas along the way).

I'll post back here again saturday night. IF you could all do the same so we get an idea of confirmed numbers. We should have a good enough idea about the weather by sat. night.

Ride safe,
    Dave.

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F
    Are really s l o w 650's allowed to come along too?
    --- Two plus two does not equal five - even for large values of two ---

Bike
    GSX650F K9
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BugSmasher View Post
    Are really s l o w 650's allowed to come along too?
    We could probably hang at the back..........
    If your looking at Bike Comms, have a read of this review..

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=95905

Bike
    All are welcome, but the aim is for a slow cruisy ride, without need or pressure to prove yourself to others.

Although the title of the thread is 250s, it's only intended to scare away the 1000 cc bad boys

I personally reserve the right to be overtaken by others I will be riding a 650, but in a 50cc manner.

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F
    Sounds cool Dave. As you've probably noticed I'm normally the last one to get anywhere on the "Cruisy" Wednesday Night rides, so I should feel right at home watching the 250s disappear into the distance
    --- Two plus two does not equal five - even for large values of two ---

Thread Information