Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: EXCs 200, 250, 300

Bike
    '04 300 EXC
    Quote Originally Posted by barty5 View Post
    come on play nicely boys or youll be sent to yah rooms.
    he started it
    http://picasaweb.google.com/kezzafish
    My pics of some trail rides and events in the lower north island
    And check out our commercial Photography site for any other photographic needs
    http://www.fishpattie.com

Bike
    EC250, CCM R30, Sherco 290
    I think there's still one '07 EC300 around, but it did sound a bit dodge - supposedly when the dealer uncrated it they found it was dirty and had a shredded rear tyre, so they sent it back to the warehouse... which is where it was last I heard. Motorad certainly had 1 secondhand 300, with another due soon.
    Mate... you know you want to

Bike
    06' KXF450 & 06' RMZ250
    hHre ya go ... the guys just round the corner from you, his phone numbers there and he'll probably let it go for cheaper ... its a bit older, but low hours for its age...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=202952633

Might even let you take it for a test ride? whats the harm? at least you may get a ride on one..
    For REAL news (instead of that shit they spoonfeed you every day on TV) go to - http://www.openureyes.org.nz/blog/

Bike
    CR250
    Quote Originally Posted by rupecopp View Post
    wife is seven months pregnant, 14mth old boy sleeps the opposite hours to me and hits me on the head with the tv remote if I lie on the sofa.

Anyway what this thing Barty was telling me about that you do with your buttocks when ridding? And I don't mean the time you came back from gizzy with a rubber still left between them?
    LOL brutal little bugger isn't he. We are lucky jack still sleeps from 7 till 7.

I have no idea what you are on about in regards to my buttocks????? What the fuck are you poofs doing discussing my ass anyway?

Bike
    KTM 200EXC RM250
    EXC300 with a tall seat is my recommendation, very easy to ride although not the type of power delivery I like so best you try one first. Usually I like to avoid the 250 and recommend either the 200 or the 300 depending on what sort of power delivery suits your style, but the 200 will be physically too small for you so if you don't like the 300 power delivery you might like to try the 250.

Steering dampers are not needed with correct bike set up on the KTM, but they are nice to have on any bike and I prefer to use them regardless of the bike I'm riding. I recommend a change of triple clamps before the damper on the KTM, I use both. The good thing with the damper is it can be used on future bikes you have with a change of fitting kit, the triple clamps can only be used on future KTM's but once you ride orange your unlikely to go back.

You should factor in a change of springs on a KTM, they are very sensitive to correct spring rate and geometry set up and should be the first investment before clamps or dampers but all three will enable you to get the most out of your new bike.

Twice the displacement, twice the cost and a decibel problem, I'll pass on the inside brraaaap!!!

Bike
    '04 300 EXC
    cheers Danger. What's the rear spring gonna be worth if i have to change it? I found this one and it has the right spring in it for me. A little stretch on the budget but could possibly be done. What do you's recon? anyone know this bike/owner

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-205174091.htm

Bike
    KX 250F '04
    Quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    LOL brutal little bugger isn't he. We are lucky jack still sleeps from 7 till 7.

I have no idea what you are on about in regards to my buttocks????? What the fuck are you poofs doing discussing my ass anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by kezzafish View Post
    cheers Danger. What's the rear spring gonna be worth if i have to change it? I found this one and it has the right spring in it for me. A little stretch on the budget but could possibly be done. What do you's recon? anyone know this bike/owner

hahahaha ... Reading 2 completely independent conversations... one to do with homo's talking about buttocks and the other about a homo buying himself a new 'Carrot'....

Bike
    08 KTM 300 EXC-E -GONE

That looks tidy, also looks good in black. But if you want to stretch your budget a little more you can buy my 300.

Bike
    08 KTM 300 EXC-E -GONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger View Post
    EXC300 with a tall seat is my recommendation, very easy to ride although not the type of power delivery I like so best you try one first. Usually I like to avoid the 250 and recommend either the 200 or the 300 depending on what sort of power delivery suits your style, but the 200 will be physically too small for you so if you don't like the 300 power delivery you might like to try the 250.

Steering dampers are not needed with correct bike set up on the KTM, but they are nice to have on any bike and I prefer to use them regardless of the bike I'm riding. I recommend a change of triple clamps before the damper on the KTM, I use both. The good thing with the damper is it can be used on future bikes you have with a change of fitting kit, the triple clamps can only be used on future KTM's but once you ride orange your unlikely to go back.

You should factor in a change of springs on a KTM, they are very sensitive to correct spring rate and geometry set up and should be the first investment before clamps or dampers but all three will enable you to get the most out of your new bike.
    Hey Danger what's the big advantage with the different triple clamps? I have often thought it would look nice with aftermarket ones but didn't know if they would make a great difference.

Bike
    '04 300 EXC
    Quote Originally Posted by dammad1 View Post
    That looks tidy, also looks good in black. But if you want to stretch your budget a little more you can buy my 300.
    yeah i'm really stretching to do 8g. Gonna have to get a credit card to pay for it. Yours has to be worth 10 dunnit? i can't do that. I can't really do 8 but it's just so right! lol

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Jeepers tall seat and all, perfect for you. Looks good in black and that would have cost him a few bucks. Looking at the pile of used tyres in the background of one pic he does a fair bit of riding but 100hrs is probably about right for a year! $8.5K is certainly not a steal but you won't have to do a thing to it for your weight and height. I paid way way less than that for mine but still have to spend $800-00 or so on the suspension.
    Zapping out a credit card to buy a bike seems a bit risky mate. Careful Kezz there's tough times upon us, your job guaranteed?
    Just some advice from an old fart!!!
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    '04 300 EXC
    yeah it is perfect for me. pretty much exactly what i want and had a piston 10hrs ago. The 300 would be good too. 1 question. Does the 08 250exc have elec start? i thought it did but there's no mention of it on this auction.

Cheers Reck, i know what your sayin. No my job isn't guaranteed, they're talking about redundancies over the next month but i can't help myself. I'm a shocking impulse buyer and i see stuff and just have to have it (kinda like a girl actually)

It doesn't help that the bank called me and offered me the card. Would much rather put it against the house/mortgage but i think i've already stretched that to it's limit.

Jeezus, what a dire state of affairs

Bike
    08 KTM 300 EXC-E -GONE
    yeah it is perfect for me. pretty much exactly what i want and had a piston 10hrs ago. The 300 would be good too. 1 question. Does the 08 250exc have elec start? i thought it did but there's no mention of it on this auction.

Cheers Reck, i know what your sayin. No my job isn't guaranteed, they're talking about redundancies over the next month but i can't help myself. I'm a shocking impulse buyer and i see stuff and just have to have it (kinda like a girl actually)

It doesn't help that the bank called me and offered me the card. Would much rather put it against the house/mortgage but i think i've already stretched that to it's limit.

Jeezus, what a dire state of affairs
    the 08 250 doesn't have the estart but you can put one on if you wish, I think the 09 comes standard with it.

I think 8500 is a pretty good price for a bike that is only a year old, the 200's may be a bit cheaper but they also are are bit cheaper from new.

There was a 08 300 on trademe about a week ago that had quite a few bids and ended at $9350 you can check the expired auctions to get some idea.

Bike
    '07 KTM exc200
    If you're on faster fire breaks a lot, sounds like you may be better off with one of the bigger engines kezza.

The 200 is geared pretty low though (standard = 14/48). Wish 5th and especially 6th was a little taller geared. I'm keeping an eye out for a mythical 46t rear. Will help to widen up the ratios a touch as well. Standard gearing is fine 90% of the time, but it's revving pretty hard at what feels like about 90-100kph. Generally use 2nd gear in place of first, but the crawler first gear is very handy for the real snotty bits. The bike is a star in the more technical stuff. In the 'Uh-Oh' bits where I think I might not get through, or up and over - The bike just seems to dance over obstacles. Sometimes it just amazes me with what it can do, and I'm a very average rider. Great for the ego (and more importantly, energy levels) to finesse past a couple of stuck bikes. Even considering my current stroppy PV issue.

I'm 80kg and find power-wise the 200 has plenty, 95% of the time, but in deeper sand and on steep climbs in higher gears I sometimes wish for a bit more outright grunt. But then I got the 200 in pref to larger engine as I wanted a challenging bike to ride, something that forced me to sharpen up my riding a bit (no offence to sharp riders on bigger bikes). I also like to feel I'm able to use 'all' of the bike. Throttle to the stop on the 200 feels plenty exciting - I reckon a pinned 300 might cause me excessive sphincter tension and more war-wounds than my vet meat and bones can handle. Maybe if I was 25 instead of 45.

I'm 6'. 200 a bit cramped when first got it but have moved bar clamp all the way forward. bar rotated foward as well and is OK now.

This article well worth a read. The 200 really is an impressive bike and the stop watch doesn't lie.
    http://www.ktmworld.com/view_news_article.asp?id=16

Hmmm. Server appears to be down on above site at the mo' - will leave link in case it comes back online. Have article saved but a bit longish to post here. PM if you want it emailed kezza. Test was a bunch of guys doing timed loop on their own bikes and also trying fleet of new KTMS. Many riders were faster on the 200 and got a big surprise.

Bike
    Honda Fireblade
    That bike looks awesome and has had the suspension done. I see the start bid $8450 so I wonder what the reserve would be.
    The guy said theres an mx track down the road for testing, so who's keen to help Kezza out and take it for a test spin?

Thread Information