Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Manfeild track day, 19 April 2009

Bike
    WR269f, WR450f
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    Just to ask a stoopid question: are race/track bikes allowed?

Honda's obviously won't be a problem but I'm guessing some of the other quality-challenged manufacturers might struggle to meet the criteria so I'm asking on their behalf
    Were last year matey......................assume so this year

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    Just to ask a stoopid question: are race/track bikes allowed?

Honda's obviously won't be a problem but I'm guessing some of the other quality-challenged manufacturers might struggle to meet the criteria so I'm asking on their behalf
    Yes, separate sessions are run for race bikes and I'm pretty sure we only allow race bikes in those sessions, we don't let them go out in the other sessions. By WOF standard we mean the bike must be in good working order - chain not loose, tyres not worn through, nothing falling off the bike, etc. And the verdict of those doing the scrutineering is FINAL - if we don't think your bike is up to the rigours of a track day, it WON'T be going out on the track.
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    Honda
    ooowe, only 17 sleeps to go boys & girls

Bike
    FZR 400
    does any one know if you need a full lisence for this? im on a learners and im dead keen on being able to stretch my legs without the paranoia of being busted at 80ks+ over my speed limit lol
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Some Kiwibiker threads contain such a wealth of fuckwittery that they should in some way be permanently removed from the digital domain, carved onto stone tablets and then launched into space to scare the living shit out of any hostile alien species that may be lurking nearby

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Shit I hope I can make it too this one! If so I will bring the spada for a rape and might manage to get the cb500 four racer over there [not mine though]
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxi View Post
    does any one know if you need a full lisence for this? im on a learners and im dead keen on being able to stretch my legs without the paranoia of being busted at 80ks+ over my speed limit lol
    Please ring Andrew (his number is in the first post). I am not sure of our regulations regarding this and would not like to say yes, a learner's licence is fine, or no, you have to have a full licence. He is the club president and what he says goes.

Bike
    FZR 400
    cool thanx for that, my eyesight must be going didnt notice the contact before
    Some Kiwibiker threads contain such a wealth of fuckwittery that they should in some way be permanently removed from the digital domain, carved onto stone tablets and then launched into space to scare the living shit out of any hostile alien species that may be lurking nearby

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    No worries, I'm happy to pass on information and help with any questions that I know the answers to, but for things that are outside this, you are best to go to the horse's mouth, so to speak! I don't have the authority to say yay or nay with regards to stuff like cameras mounted on the bikes, full or learner's licences, etc so it's best to ask el presidente!

It would be just my luck to say that a learner's licence was okay, you have a little off and despite it being a track day and not a race session, you end up with a bent bike and no insurance because the company turns around and says you were not riding the bike within the conditions of your licence - as a for instance.

Bike
    VTR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    No worries, I'm happy to pass on information and help with any questions that I know the answers to, but for things that are outside this, you are best to go to the horse's mouth, so to speak! I don't have the authority to say yay or nay with regards to stuff like cameras mounted on the bikes, full or learner's licences, etc so it's best to ask el presidente!

It would be just my luck to say that a learner's licence was okay, you have a little off and despite it being a track day and not a race session, you end up with a bent bike and no insurance because the company turns around and says you were not riding the bike within the conditions of your licence - as a for instance.
    learners are probably ok. i only have an mnz licence and he said thats fine.

Bike
    RGV250, GP100 Bucket
    Is there anyone heading up from the welly region that could possibly give myself and my rg150 a ride up? I was in an accident the other day and my car is currently sitting at the panelbeaters - I'd be surprised if its sorted in time.

Fuel money & hugs will be given in return...

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by xr-rider View Post
    learners are probably ok. i only have an mnz licence and he said thats fine.
    We've got a club night tonight so if I remember I'll check with him about the learner's licence. A race licence would probably be fine, but I'd be worried about letting a learner, who is restricted to 70kph on the open road, go out there in a session (they'd only be allowed in the novice sessions I would imagine) where the average speed is about 100kph. Whether or not you have ridden at 100kph on a learner's licence on the open road is besides the point; we wouldn't want any grief if we allowed it.

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Right, spoke to Andrew at the club night last night and he said a learner's licence is fine, so that's from the horse's mouth! He said we require a licence (race or road) as proof of identity/age and whether it's a learner's or full doesn't really matter. Oh, and you would be restricted to the novice sessions.

Speaking of sessions, bikes will be stickered for the different sessions to prevent riders going out in back-to-back sessions or changing what one they go out in to get more track time. You will be able to make ONE change during the day and that will be IT.

As for the camera, he said that would be addressed at scrutineering - if the guys doing that think it's going to cause any danger, it won't be let through. Can't really make a ruling until they see it.

Bike
    FZR 400
    thanks for the info, me and my zzr 250 would be more than happy in the novice session new rear brake pads on tuesday and im all ready, cant wait

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post

Speaking of sessions, bikes will be stickered for the different sessions to prevent riders going out in back-to-back sessions or changing what one they go out in to get more track time. You will be able to make ONE change during the day and that will be IT.
    Cool, that will stop what seemed like 3000 bikes last time......

Unfortunately it will muck up the idea of having one bike two riders in different classes.... I planned to do this, as my CBR is still broken from January....
    Sweet as though, we will just put another bike on the truck

Bike
    Honda
    Bike won't have the sticker, the sticker will be on riders helmet i would imagine so sharing a bike won't be a problem.

Thread Information