Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Manfeild track day, 19 April 2009

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mmWSM View Post
    Bike won't have the sticker, the sticker will be on riders helmet i would imagine so sharing a bike won't be a problem.
    Sorry, but the BIKE will be stickered, not the rider's helmet. As mentioned, having a sticker on the BIKE will prevent multiple riders using the same bike and taking it out in back-to-back sessions. If you are sharing a bike, then you will have to share the sessions too - one person takes it out in this session (medium for instance) and the other rider takes it out in the next medium session. Having stickers on the helmets would be too difficult to control as we would not be able to tell if one rider had brought up more than one helmet and got stickers for different classes. The bike will have a sticker and if you find that session is too fast/slow for your liking, you will have the chance to change to another class - but ONCE ONLY - so you will not be able to send one rider out in the medium sessions and another rider out in the fast sessions throughout the day.
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    Sorry, but the BIKE will be stickered, not the rider's helmet. As mentioned, having a sticker on the BIKE will prevent multiple riders using the same bike and taking it out in back-to-back sessions. If you are sharing a bike, then you will have to share the sessions too - one person takes it out in this session (medium for instance) and the other rider takes it out in the next medium session. Having stickers on the helmets would be too difficult to control as we would not be able to tell if one rider had brought up more than one helmet and got stickers for different classes. The bike will have a sticker and if you find that session is too fast/slow for your liking, you will have the chance to change to another class - but ONCE ONLY - so you will not be able to send one rider out in the medium sessions and another rider out in the fast sessions throughout the day.

Now thats just silly, What does it matter if 2 riders are sharing a bike? All its going to do is make more money for the club. I thought the idea was to stop 1 rider riding in more than 1 session catagory.
    Honda riders club days are run like this and works well. In the end the idea is to keep an even number of bikes in each session for safety reasons e.g You don't want a 'Race' or 'Fast' rider going out in the 'Slow' group

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Now thats just silly, What does it matter if 2 riders are sharing a bike? All its going to do is make more money for the club. I thought the idea was to stop 1 rider riding in more than 1 session catagory.
    Honda riders club days are run like this and works well. In the end the idea is to keep an even number of bikes in each session for safety reasons e.g You don't want a 'Race' or 'Fast' rider going out in the 'Slow' group
    The decision has been made by the organisers and that is their right. We have no problem with riders sharing a bike, however we have had instances in the past where people have come in from one session and immediately lined up to go out in the next - which is why we close off the dummy grid prior to the current session coming in. This has caused problems whether it is the same rider trying to double his/her track time or a second rider going out immediately after the first. It causes confusion and creates safety issues on the dummy grid. If we stickered the rider/helmet and not the bike, this could lead to the same problems arising and I can imagine we'd get the same "but that wasn't ME on the bike in that last session, it was my mate..." scenario.

By stickering the bike for a particular session we can ensure that bike only goes out in those sessions. If a bike stickered for a fast or race session appears on the dummy grid for a novice or medium session it will be spotted easily and removed. It would be a nightmare to try and spot the stickers on multi-coloured helmets and also not everyone is happy to have stickers placed on their helmets - I for one would not be.

As for making more money for the club, the track day usually sets a maximum number of riders and when that limit is reached, people are turned away unless some riders decide to leave early and extra places become available.

This is stated on our advertising material: "CDs reserves the right to refuse entry and/or expel any rider who does not comply with event rules on the day". We will never please everybody but we do our best to provide a safe and enjoyable day for the majority.

These rules WILL be enforced on the day and anyone caught trying to get around them may be asked to leave - and no refunds will be given in that instance.

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    Given you know the maximum number of bikes and the length of the sessions, about how many sessions are ther throughout the day ?

I guess it depends on the added variables yes ? like accidents/incidents etc
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Fkn crack up. Most awkward interviewee ever i reckon haha.

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    It is very hard to know how many sessions we can run during the day because although we may know the maximum number of riders, we have no idea how many there will be in each speed session. We could have 50% of the riders wanting to go in the novice session (unlikely but just for an example) and 10% in the race session and 20% each in the fast and medium - we won't know until the day when we see who turns up.

We usually get at least two sessions of each speed in the afternoon and another two each in the afternoon. We like to keep the number of riders to about 35 maximum per session.

We can't guarantee the number of sessions because as you've mentioned, anything can happen to throw things out of whack. An accident can take some time to clear and nothing can run on the track during this time. If someone's bike drops oil on the track this would have to be attended to, etc.

Although we can't hope to keep everyone happy, most people say they have had enough after three or four sessions so for $50 I think they are getting value for money. We run as many sessions as we safely can and rarely hear anyone saying they wish they'd done another one at the end of the day.

Good luck tomorrow and I hope everyone has a fantastic day. It looks like the weather is going to be overcast and warm so we should get a good turn out. Be early so you don't miss out!

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Bike won't have the sticker, the sticker will be on riders helmet i would imagine so sharing a bike won't be a problem.
    Okay, that isn't what beemer said, but yes, that makes much more sense... Nobody will swap helmets...

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    Be early so you don't miss out!
    Fuckin A, I'm there already an I'm bringin my mates with me
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Fkn crack up. Most awkward interviewee ever i reckon haha.

Bike
    FZR 400
    bloody wife decided to drop a sprog a month early (she'll do anything to spoil my fun) so looks like i'm out for this 1
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Some Kiwibiker threads contain such a wealth of fuckwittery that they should in some way be permanently removed from the digital domain, carved onto stone tablets and then launched into space to scare the living shit out of any hostile alien species that may be lurking nearby

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    inconsiderate!

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Best place to stay in Hawkes Bay here

Bike
    FZR 400
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyz View Post
    inconsiderate!
    I know, bloody indecent of her aye?
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Some Kiwibiker threads contain such a wealth of fuckwittery that they should in some way be permanently removed from the digital domain, carved onto stone tablets and then launched into space to scare the living shit out of any hostile alien species that may be lurking nearby

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Have fun everyone - except you, Laxi - bloody women, eh!

Shiny side up (with a sticker on it!) and sticky side down!

We're off Corvetting so won't see any of you this time.

Bike
    A few
    Have fun everyone - except you, Laxi - bloody women, eh!

Shiny side up (with a sticker on it!) and sticky side down!

We're off Corvetting so won't see any of you this time.
    Oooooo one of the ten comandments broken "thou shalt not corvett thy neighbours wife"
    Were off to do some spectating today ! Take my daughter for a squrt up to manfield on the triple before it gets traded !~
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    another awesome trackday from the CD club. A absoulte shitload of bikes showed up this morning. Had a magic time today. Cheers for that. Might have to do a report up later on

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyz View Post
    another awesome trackday from the CD club. A absoulte shitload of bikes showed up this morning. Had a magic time today. Cheers for that. Might have to do a report up later on
    Good to hear - we saw shitloads of bikes on the road today, including a fair few heading south later this afternoon. Glad to know the day was another good one, we try our best!

"Corvetting the neighbour's wife..." ROFL!!! I even got to drive my baby home from Otaki, leading the other four 'vettes to our place for afternoon tea. Looks like chocolate cake and ginger crunch are the nibbles of choice for future reference - nearly demolished the lot!

A report would be greatly appreciated, we love to get feedback so we can make sure we continue to provide a great day out.

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    I didnt put it in my report because it didnt turn out to be a really big issue but there was suggestion of a limit of 120 bikes and yet there were 170 (I think) signed up. It is a tough call cause I would have been pissed if I was one of the 50 odd turned away and the volenteers did a fantastic job of getting the sessions turned around. The 2 med groups does mean a bit of a wait between tracktime and at one stage there were 3 med groups. But like I say, it is tough cause no one wants to be turned away, it is all good money for your club and the sessions were run about as good as they could get..

YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Thread Information