Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do people stay alive on scooters?

Bike
    B12

How do people stay alive on scooters?

I just came back from Haldanes, after taking a scooter for a test ride into the city and back - its a 2 stroke 125, and i was overtaking cars on the motorway...

But just in general, in town, id sneak around the traffic at the lights, and people would purposefully cut me up - I never get that on a bike.

On the way back, i got off the motorway at ellerslie, heading into penrose, im in the left lane, and theres a truck in the right lane, his backwheels level with my front - his indicator comes on and he slows a bit, then he sees me level with his cab and he goes into a rage, honking his horn and shit, come into the roundabout and hes honking his horn and locking up his brakes behind me, I hard to dart into the gas station to avoid being killed - i wasnt even in the wrong, but because i was on a scooter.

Haldanes was just up the road, so caned it to there to get my fazer back, then charged after the cuntish truck driver to vandalise his truck, but he had gone.

I was thinking about getting a scooter as having a 10k bike purely for commuting is a bit excessive... but hell, im now scared of a 30km commute on a scooter...
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNanna View Post
    Wasn't me officer, honest, it was that morcs guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
    Yeah I do recall, but dismissed it as being you when I saw both wheels on the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by R6_kid View Post
    lulz, ever ridden a TL1000R? More to the point, ever ridden with teh Morcs? Didn't fink so.

Bike
    Ducati 900ss The Guido Torpedo
    Quote Originally Posted by Morcs View Post
    I just came back from Haldanes, after taking a scooter for a test ride into the city and back - its a 2 stroke 125, and i was overtaking cars on the motorway...

But just in general, in town, id sneak around the traffic at the lights, and people would purposefully cut me up - I never get that on a bike.

On the way back, i got off the motorway at ellerslie, heading into penrose, im in the left lane, and theres a truck in the right lane, his backwheels level with my front - his indicator comes on and he slows a bit, then he sees me level with his cab and he goes into a rage, honking his horn and shit, come into the roundabout and hes honking his horn and locking up his brakes behind me, I hard to dart into the gas station to avoid being killed - i wasnt even in the wrong, but because i was on a scooter.

Haldanes was just up the road, so caned it to there to get my fazer back, then charged after the cuntish truck driver to vandalise his truck, but he had gone.

I was thinking about getting a scooter as having a 10k bike purely for commuting is a bit excessive... but hell, im now scared of a 30km commute on a scooter...

Bloody hell, I thought that only happened to L plate riders. Someone should Invite this truckie to explain his particular issue. Bet his problem would be hard to spell!
    Exert your talents, and distinguish yourself, and don't think of retiring from the world, until the world will be sorry that you retire. -Samuel Johnson

Bike
    B12
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanity_rules View Post
    Bloody hell, I thought that only happened to L plate riders. Someone should Invite this truckie to explain his particular issue. Bet his problem would be hard to spell!
    exactly!

there must be a not of knobs on scooters out there for people to stereotype so strongly and with so much contempt.
    Yeah I do recall, but dismissed it as being you when I saw both wheels on the ground.
    lulz, ever ridden a TL1000R? More to the point, ever ridden with teh Morcs? Didn't fink so.

Bike
    S1000RR

Exactly!

When I had a scooter, once I too did what scooter riders do (Jump to the front at the red). One time, when the light changed to green, the driver behind me forcefully overtook me flooring his 1.6 Corolla. Pulling middle finger out to his rear view mirror for me to clearly see. His right rear wheel almost hitting my front.

Well obviously the 50cc was slow and probably was dragging the driver behind me but I didn't think I deserved a rage and a finger for that.

Never happened when I was on my bike.

I too wonder how the scooter riders survive.... esp in Auckland...

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    It's not just scroters.
    I went to overtake a truck on the Northern yesterdays, and he stuck his indicator on and moved right. I had to jam on the brakes.
    I then moved into the left lane, so I could gesture at him in his mirror, but he never turned his head to look.
    I'm not sure it was deliberate, or he just glanced in his mirror before changing lanes, then didn't check again before he moved across.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    A big one
    Get these people's numbers, and report them. I keep my camera in my pocket, and take a pic of all the cunts that are arseholes on our commute, then report them when I get to work.

http://www.police.govt.nz/service/road/roadwatch.html
    It's only when you take the piss out of a partially shaved wookie with an overactive 'me' gene and stapled on piss flaps that it becomes a problem.

Bike
    06 R None
    Couldn’t you have "vandalised" his truck while on the scooter, how does having the other bike change things????
    "Ability hits the mark where presumption overshoots and diffidence falls short". Nicholas of Cusa

Bike
    '69 Lambretta & SR400
    people would purposefully cut me up - I never get that on a bike.
    You sure you were riding the same way? Own the lane, don't give 'em the opportunity to cut you up...all that jazz?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lobster View Post
    Only a homo puts an engine back together WITHOUT making it go faster.

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Get these people's numbers, and report them. I keep my camera in my pocket, and take a pic of all the cunts that are arseholes on our commute, then report them when I get to work.

http://www.police.govt.nz/service/road/roadwatch.html
    Yeah, well when I'm riding, I don't have the ability to also whip out my cock phone and take photos. I'm not one of them there mythical multitasking fish thingies.
    I did note the company of the truck, but promptly forgot it.
    Anyway, I just figured it was an honest mistake due to timing and whatnot: the driver looked briefly, decided the lane was clear and moved over, Unfortunately, in that few seconds, my VFR's hyperdrive engaged and I was halfway along his truck'n'trailer unit.
    Fortunately, my leeeeet biking skills won the day and no harm was done.

Life's too short for grudges and stuff.

Plus even though I'm an arsehole, I like to think I'm a nice bloke.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    B12
    Quote Originally Posted by Korumba View Post
    Couldn’t you have "vandalised" his truck while on the scooter, how does having the other bike change things????
    Well I wouldve been able to get a safe distance away if required
    And he'd also see that im not a scooter rider...

Quote Originally Posted by MisterD View Post
    You sure you were riding the same way? Own the lane, don't give 'em the opportunity to cut you up...all that jazz?
    I was. just riding normally. The contempt was unbelievable...

btw, anyone know how i can sneakily change the reg from 125 to 50cc?

Bike
    '69 Lambretta & SR400
    Well to register a 50, you just need to fill in a form, nobody actually has to see the bike. On the form you need to give either a frame number or an engine number, so whatever isn't currently against the 125cc registration shouldn't trigger as an existing machine. In theory etc.
    Only a homo puts an engine back together WITHOUT making it go faster.

Bike
    B12
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterD View Post
    Well to register a 50, you just need to fill in a form, nobody actually has to see the bike. On the form you need to give either a frame number or an engine number, so whatever isn't currently against the 125cc registration shouldn't trigger as an existing machine. In theory etc.
    So then id just bin the 125 plate and then done?

Bike
    Vespa GT200, LML Vespa 130, Honda NXR125
    If the rego has just run out just deregister and hand back the plates for the 125. If it has been out of date for some time they will want cash to bring it up to date.
    Registering it as a 50 is easy, just pop into a VTNZ or NZ Post etc… and just do it. Doesn’t have to be sighted or anything and comes to about $67 per year.

(but you didn’t hear it from me…)

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    Just get an old school big capacity bike. I've just bought a 1986 CB650 and it's been bloody awesome for commuting. Cost me $2750, and once i've got new rubber and sorted the suspension I think a lot of people will be surprised at how well it manages to go around corners.
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    None any more
    I hope that if I ever get taken out by an unobservant meanderthal or a Kindy Mum In A SUV(TM) that it's quick and clean and that I feel no pain.

If I were to be badly maimed or injured, I would be extremely fucked off. Because, as we all know, people only feel pity for deranged gimps -- they never get taken seriously.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Thread Information