Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'll dig you out some old photos

Bike
    Anything BSA

Gordon

He's a legend. 10 times NZ champion and still racing. At Pukekohe this year for the classics we had 5 ex NZ champions racing! Probably 20 years of championship wins between them. These guys dont just make up numbers. Thanks for the link!

Bike
    1994 VFR750F, 2006 XR250L
    Yeah well I was never really into sidecars but in the 70's I was in awe at his ability and he only finally got beaten when the other guys got the much more modern rigs. He was such a great competitor and still is. How many people can race with their grand-daughter?
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Theres a heap of good side car stuff on the Marlboro series 30th year anniversary dvds.Fwiw.Great pics you got there Merv.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    I swing
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    He was such a great competitor and still is. How many people can race with their grand-daughter?

I'm the grand daughter...
    Apparently there was a team in Isle of Man who had a 80ish year old mother on the chair!
    But, I've been told, that Gordon and I are the first Grandfather-Granddaughter team in the world

Bike
    honda vf1000
    Hi Merv are you from Napier I was Gordon Skiltons first passenger I wondered if you had any early photos ie around 1957

DavePlunkett

Bike
    honda vf1000
    Merv I was Gordons passenger in the mid fifties I wondered if you any photo's from that period

Dave Plunkett

Bike
    1985 suzuki gs850g
    Re photo of Vic Plummer and Clive Watson they both live Oz Clive took the Aussie sidecar champs at 59 years of age at 60 he had a massive roll over and was seriously injured

I have some photos of him in action but don't know how to post them on this site

Also Vic is still racing in Queensland he is 60 now and still fairly quick did you know Vic's father Bill Plummer introduced sidecar racing to NZ he was a Nz Champp many years ago and is about to celebrate his 90th birthday
    Last edited by davejplunkett; 22nd January 2010 at 13:56. Reason: typo's

Thread Information