Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41

Thread: First Trials bike

  1. #31
    Join Date
    16th April 2009 - 20:47
    Bike
    offroad
    Location
    waikato
    Posts
    31

    Ok got some info

    I could do all the quote stuff but at the moment takes me to long.

    there are three more auckland trails coming up this years probably more if they have training days or open days.
    Waitamata club are running them.

    Yes like one of the guys mentioned woodhill has a trials area open Wednesday to Sunday and you do have to sign in. I know earlier this year? they had a open fun day where people could go up and have a go with sections setup etc or a ride around.


    May 30 ,31 & 1 WMCC – Trials Champs Rd 2- Onewhero havent got the details yet. Is the next one.

    Tomorrow Sunday 3 may is the North Island Champs 50 mins from Tauranga No4 Rd will be signposted closer, heaps of riders, and nz top 2 included will be a great day, spectators welcome.
    Ken will pm more info. as heaps of hamilton and b.o.p ones.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    15th February 2006 - 15:25
    Bike
    Orange ones! (and a few others...)
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    2,970
    Just to drag this out of the dim past...I've now got a TY250 and need to find out something about it, anyone know where you get service info and when the next trials event is on that a complete n00b can attend?

    Ta Iain

  3. #33
    What sort/year TY? There is a trial this weekend at Tuakau...Lapwoods property,what we used to call the Mini Farm.It should be sign posted - off at Bombay to Puke,left to Tuakau...farm on the left at the bottom of the S bend hill.Nice,but narly sections.It's the Alan Reddie Memorial Trial.

    Alan was the guy who basically got the Twinshock scene up and running in the Auckland area.He always put on a good trial...we didn't know how much he did for trials until we lost him.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    31st August 2005 - 12:00
    Bike
    er6n, CRF250R
    Location
    Temple View
    Posts
    5,042
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis management View Post
    Just to drag this out of the dim past...I've now got a TY250 and need to find out something about it, anyone know where you get service info and when the next trials event is on that a complete n00b can attend?

    Ta Iain
    sweet, be good to meet ya, il have the book of mormon on the front

  5. #35
    Join Date
    15th February 2006 - 15:25
    Bike
    Orange ones! (and a few others...)
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    2,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    What sort/year TY? There is a trial this weekend at Tuakau....
    I've just found out....1985 TY250SN monoshock, so air cooled class I think? I will try and get down on sunday but it will depend on what I can wiggle out of doing around here...I won't bring the bike, just come and have a look at this stage.

    Quote Originally Posted by carver View Post
    sweet, be good to meet ya, il have the book of mormon on the front
    I'm not sure I'm ready for this......

  6. #36
    Join Date
    31st August 2005 - 12:00
    Bike
    er6n, CRF250R
    Location
    Temple View
    Posts
    5,042
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis management View Post
    I've just found out....1985 TY250SN monoshock, so air cooled class I think? I will try and get down on sunday but it will depend on what I can wiggle out of doing around here...I won't bring the bike, just come and have a look at this stage.



    I'm not sure I'm ready for this......
    got me gas gas 300!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    2nd July 2012 - 19:37
    Bike
    2012 Beta Evo Factory 300
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by carver View Post
    its a 86, its just a big old slug, it was handling like shit, so i wanted to improve it.

    nice classic bike, i hope to turn it into a bit of a weapon

    My friend, making an 86 trials bike into a weapon is easy. Sell it and buy a 2008 one! The 86 is a sow's ear. No silk purse will you create. A 2008 has water cooling, progressive shock with 185mm travel, long travel forks with the right damping, disc brakes that work whether its wet or not, an engine that pulls from lower, revs higher and makes more torque and power everywhere. A light clutch etc. It will weigh 15 kg less. The list is endless. And you don't have to spend dozens of fruitless hours in the garage! Go ahead, sell one of the children or something!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    2nd July 2012 - 19:37
    Bike
    2012 Beta Evo Factory 300
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    13

    How to find Trials organisers in NZ

    Hi Guys

    You can stop wondering how to find Trials in NZ now. There is one thing MNZ is good for, and that is their website. Go to: http://mnz.co.nz/trials.aspx
    and scroll down till you find the names, phone numbers and email addresses of Trials organisers throughout this fair land.

    Ride on brothers. Sidey.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    1st May 2011 - 12:35
    Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's
    Location
    Blenheim.. now ChCh
    Posts
    1,795
    I have just picked up a 77 Montesa Cota 348...
    I wanted one way back when but ended up buying
    a new KT250 as they were like half the prise..
    So when I seen this one on TM , I couldn't help myself..
    clean it up.. new carb/shocks/fork springs.. And have
    go at a few trials in the twin shock class..
    There seem to be twin shock events every month in ChCh..
    lots a reproduction parts being made for the TS bikes now.
    Pete

    90% of all Harleys built are still on the road... The other 10% made it back home...
    Ducati... Makeing riders into mechaincs since 1964...

  10. #40
    Join Date
    14th June 2007 - 22:39
    Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Location
    Pigs back.
    Posts
    4,827
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-blen View Post
    I have just picked up a 77 Montesa Cota 348...
    I wanted one way back when but ended up buying
    a new KT250 as they were like half the prise..
    So when I seen this one on TM , I couldn't help myself..
    clean it up.. new carb/shocks/fork springs.. And have
    go at a few trials in the twin shock class..
    There seem to be twin shock events every month in ChCh..
    lots a reproduction parts being made for the TS bikes now.
    I learned to ride on one of those..

  11. #41
    Join Date
    1st May 2011 - 12:35
    Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's
    Location
    Blenheim.. now ChCh
    Posts
    1,795
    Turns out its a Malcolm Rathnell replica..
    he was the Montesa factory rider of the day..
    Montesa made a few between mid 77 to mid 78.
    Pete

    90% of all Harleys built are still on the road... The other 10% made it back home...
    Ducati... Makeing riders into mechaincs since 1964...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •