Bike
    not decided yet
    Can I take this 6R test on a scooter?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zib View Post
    It must be LAM's approved and legal. With scooters they must be seen to be safe to be on the road. eg: all lights fitted must work and vehicle up to WOF standard.

Instant recorded fail if it is not.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    not decided yet
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    It must be LAM's approved and legal. With scooters they must be seen to be safe to be on the road. eg: all lights fitted must work and vehicle up to WOF standard.

Instant recorded fail if it is not.
    Yes it is a new Yamaha NMAX 125 2017.

It is below 250cc and definitely LAMS approved.

The only thing is that they are all automatic (CVT) without any clutch or gear levers.

I am on Learner lic but am planning to go restricted.

Thanks for your advise.

Bike
    2017 Yamaha MT07
    Thanks for the post, it will come in handy when the time comes to sit my restricted!

Bike
    Two Wheels

Well i have my 6R Today, so I'm sure i can give an nice post for 2017 since the start of this post was in 2009 I'm sure they have updated what to look for? unsure on that, but once i have completed it I'll give it a run down.... always good to know what to expect, just hate the feeling that you know someone following you

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    If it's a motorcycle, yes.

If it's a moped, no.

Bike
    2018 Suzuki GSX S750
    Yes you can if it is not a Moped which it does not appear to be. My wife just her restricted on her Honda PCX 150 scooter earlier this year and then her full licence in June.

Did this through Passmasters.

Her full licence of course will only be valid 12 months from restricted but good to fast track it when you can.

Bike
    DRZ400 SM
    Quote Originally Posted by Critxzor View Post

Well i have my 6R Today, so I'm sure i can give an nice post for 2017 since the start of this post was in 2009 I'm sure they have updated what to look for? unsure on that, but once i have completed it I'll give it a run down.... always good to know what to expect, just hate the feeling that you know someone following you

How was it? Have to do mine shortly.

Bike
    1983 Suzuki GS650E
    Completed my 6R in Dunedin today through VTNZ. Was really good, testing officer was good and passed.
    The only down side is the radio system they use isn't the best.

Bike
    Two Wheels

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by barcode View Post
    How was it? Have to do mine shortly.

how did you go???

unfortunately i didn't pass - i had an rude guy - lol first off the start wasn't to good, i asked what his earpiece connection was for the walkie talkie cause i didn't know if they clean them & wanted to use mine, so he pulled it out and plug it back in again (wrong connection type) we got the bikes and connected the earpiece up i couldn't hear anything it wasn't working he quoted to me "Are you deaf in the ear" ummm no!!!... and oh look he didn't plug in the earpiece correctly - secondly he told me to switch of my gopro camera, cause i use one for always when i ride you never know, and i was like why "cause it i acts up with the walkie talkies and can cut the connection" which i know was a load of BS, cause talkies work on an MHZ base, where my GOPRO is wifi but wasn't on but works on an Ghz base (and no action cams operate on MHZ LOL no way that it would interfere ... anyways cut it short LOL, he said i failed to stop at a stop sign "but i STOPPED ! but had moved forward slowly cause there was an damn VAN parked on my right side blocking my view how the !! can i see what car is speeding down??" then just my luck failed on stopping at an amber (it was one of those moment where its green and just bout ummm 5 or 6 foot it turned amber and he was further back from me .like WTF srsly you were 5 meters behind me and i was no way safe to stop, i would had to pretty much do an sudden all breaks down firmly so i continue.... then!!! he was like why are you riding in second gear.... ??? i always ride in second gear when im around shops etc... my bike at 3 to 4k rpm at 50 on second, you want me to stall if i go in 3rd?? (idk) i was just so nervous cause he was pretty much to the point yelling at me "he had no reason to say that...!!! if i had my gopro on i would of PASSED 100%.... but ummmm anyways i'm about to take the resit again, hopefully i dont get the same person again! .... i think i had an tester who had an bad day =S Sigh.....

Bike
    Ninja 300
    Quote Originally Posted by Critxzor View Post
    how did you go???

unfortunately i didn't pass - i had an rude guy - lol first off the start wasn't to good, i asked what his earpiece connection was for the walkie talkie cause i didn't know if they clean them & wanted to use mine, so he pulled it out and plug it back in again (wrong connection type) we got the bikes and connected the earpiece up i couldn't hear anything it wasn't working he quoted to me "Are you deaf in the ear" ummm no!!!... and oh look he didn't plug in the earpiece correctly - secondly he told me to switch of my gopro camera, cause i use one for always when i ride you never know, and i was like why "cause it i acts up with the walkie talkies and can cut the connection" which i know was a load of BS, cause talkies work on an MHZ base, where my GOPRO is wifi but wasn't on but works on an Ghz base (and no action cams operate on MHZ LOL no way that it would interfere ... anyways cut it short LOL, he said i failed to stop at a stop sign "but i STOPPED ! but had moved forward slowly cause there was an damn VAN parked on my right side blocking my view how the !! can i see what car is speeding down??" then just my luck failed on stopping at an amber (it was one of those moment where its green and just bout ummm 5 or 6 foot it turned amber and he was further back from me .like WTF srsly you were 5 meters behind me and i was no way safe to stop, i would had to pretty much do an sudden all breaks down firmly so i continue.... then!!! he was like why are you riding in second gear.... ??? i always ride in second gear when im around shops etc... my bike at 3 to 4k rpm at 50 on second, you want me to stall if i go in 3rd?? (idk) i was just so nervous cause he was pretty much to the point yelling at me "he had no reason to say that...!!! if i had my gopro on i would of PASSED 100%.... but ummmm anyways i'm about to take the resit again, hopefully i dont get the same person again! .... i think i had an tester who had an bad day =S Sigh.....
    Sounds like an arse hat. How does an offline GoPro interfere with a walke talkie? Your phone is more likely to cause interference.
    Where was the test?
    Regarding the stopping thing, I had to stop quickly at a give way on my test and the instructor nearly rear ended me. You didn't think it was safe to stop on the orange so you proceeded.

Wonder if that Rastuscat dude on here can shed some light on what you've mentioned?

Bike
    Two Wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by KezzaCFC View Post
    Sounds like an arse hat. How does an offline GoPro interfere with a walke talkie? Your phone is more likely to cause interference.
    Where was the test?
    Regarding the stopping thing, I had to stop quickly at a give way on my test and the instructor nearly rear ended me. You didn't think it was safe to stop on the orange so you proceeded.

Wonder if that Rastuscat dude on here can shed some light on what you've mentioned?

Hey there, LOL i agree with the mobile phone, as my daily job that i work with mobile phones and RF etc .. so i know all about frequency, but anyways the test was done at an VTNZ HUTT Station - but all my mates were like you shouldn't do it there , go to porirua the guys out there are really awesome? i'm like why Porirua!? something special at Porirua? so going for my R again really soon, i saw the new 2017 R6 and in love! i want it!!!

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by KezzaCFC View Post

I'd almost guarantee that if you asked the assessor he would tell an entirely different tale.

I've videod people doing stuff they then plausibly deny.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good KB post.

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    I'd almost guarantee that if you asked the assessor he would tell an entirely different tale.

And vice versa

Bike
    Ninja 300
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post

Touche' and, to get 25 things wrong that's all rider rather than tester.

Thread Information