Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Motorcycle 6R restricted license practical test

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by KezzaCFC View Post
    Touche' and, to get 25 things wrong that's all rider rather than tester.
    In my experience people are most likely to fail from an immediate fail error (IFE), a vertical pattern, or a horizontal pattern, than 25 overall.

Bike
    Yamaha YW50
    Quote Originally Posted by Critxzor View Post
    Hey there, LOL i agree with the mobile phone, as my daily job that i work with mobile phones and RF etc .. so i know all about frequency, but anyways the test was done at an VTNZ HUTT Station - but all my mates were like you shouldn't do it there , go to porirua the guys out there are really awesome? i'm like why Porirua!? something special at Porirua? so going for my R again really soon, i saw the new 2017 R6 and in love! i want it!!!
    I did my 6R at VTNZ Porirua and it was awesome! The guy was friendly, the radio was acceptable. We took way around Elsdon, then proceeded to Tawa and returned back via the motorway.

I passed.

I have a friend who did his 6R at the same place recently, and also passed.

Bike
    Ninja 300
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    In my experience people are most likely to fail from an immediate fail error (IFE), a vertical pattern, or a horizontal pattern, than 25 overall.
    I just done my 6F with one of your mates at Dan Ornsby. The IFE was the only concern for me, not noticing until a speed sign until its too late or double yellows etc..but nailed it; 7/15 points marked down. Marked down on a bit of mirror checking, missed checking a couple of side streets and my positioning going into left hand turns wasn't right in urban areas.

What do you mean by vertical/horizontal pattern?

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by KezzaCFC View Post
    I just done my 6F with one of your mates at Dan Ornsby. The IFE was the only concern for me, not noticing until a speed sign until its too late or double yellows etc..but nailed it; 7/15 points marked down. Marked down on a bit of mirror checking, missed checking a couple of side streets and my positioning going into left hand turns wasn't right in urban areas.

What do you mean by vertical/horizontal pattern?
    The marking sheet is a matrix.

Behaviors are on the vertical columns, scenarios are on the horizontal rows.

If you have too many of any particular behaviour (for example, head checks), or commit too many at any particular scenario (for example, intersections), that forms a pattern.

It's kind of complex.

Good that you passed. If it was Dan you know you are riding well, he's strict.

Thread Information