Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: The definitive motorcycle insurance thread

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Lee View Post
    Tried Youi and they're a bunch of tossers.
    Yep, seems to be the common wisdom.

My bike is insured with AA insurance, they seem reasonably sane in the dealings I've had with them, I do have leverage with other insurance though...

My son's insured his bike through kiwibike, they also seemed sane to deal with and reasonable cost wise.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Have a chat to Protecta.

I'm happy with their service and also the way they dealt with a claim.

Bike
    2016 Yamaha MT-10
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Have a chat to Protecta.

Cool. Have spoken to them on the phone and they are in the front running atm

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Have a chat to Protecta.

I second that. The assessor for one of my claims was a biker himself (don't know about the others). Couldn't do enough to get me back on the road.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Kiwi Bike Insurance.

End Thread.
    I use them for both my bikes, they are brokers and got me insurance with Star. Well priced, under $500 to insure the ST1300 for $12k and around $350 to insure the DR650 for $6K.
    I've had a write-off on the previous ST1300, they paid out without any drama and my insurance is still reasonably priced - I have had no problems with them.

From what I've read youi are a bunch of cunts. If honesty was mandatory they'd be called youcunts.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    Suzuki RF600R
    State is incredibly affordable, larger excess though being the catch.

Golightly insurance through Vero is very good too.

Youi on the other hand more than $350 a year more than my policy with State.

Youi can suck a big fat one.

Bike
    A Japper
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry74 View Post
    Youi on the other hand more than $350 a year more than my policy with State.

Youi can suck a big fat one.

They probably factored in the $420,000 worth of fines imposed for misleading consumers.

Bike
    Suzuki RF600R
    Reckon my bike is $160 a year through State.

Youi nearly $500 for same amount of cover, extra for road side assist and gear cover.

No wonder they got done by commerce commission

Bike
    2016 Yamaha MT-10
    Kiwibiker has come through the best, have gone with them. Cheers all.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    I use them for both my bikes, they are brokers and got me insurance with Star. Well priced, under $500 to insure the ST1300 for $12k and around $350 to insure the DR650 for $6K.
    I've had a write-off on the previous ST1300, they paid out without any drama and my insurance is still reasonably priced - I have had no problems with them.

From what I've read youi are a bunch of cunts. If honesty was mandatory they'd be called youcunts.
    Thats odd i get 27k cover on bike one for 680 and 7k cover on bike 2 for 100. Why is your second bike so much?
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Thats odd i get 27k cover on bike one for 680 and 7k cover on bike 2 for 100. Why is your second bike so much?
    That's a good question!
    Do you have a policy for each or are they both on the one policy?
    Which insurance company is the policy with?

I might have to enquire with Kiwi Bike Insurance about this.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    Harley-Davidson 1200 FXDL + 2013 Hyosung

Not all of them

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Lee View Post
    Looking for some recommendations with insurance. Tried Youi and they're a bunch of tossers.
    Depends who you talk to in which department.

Sales team at Youi have commission structure where all the money is in a pool - the ones that sell the most get the most pay.

If you call to cancel you get the Retention team - they have a similar commission structure - the less cancellations/more up-sells - the more pay.

Claims team is a whole different bunch:
    I just put a claim through after a courier backed over the bike a broke the rear guard.

1st call - easy to deal with - asked for a little more detail I did not get from the courier.

Rang back with the detail - excess waived.

Met assessor at bike shop - approved and please book it in.

Too easy.

BTW, the claims team also have a commission structure - the more claims they approve the more they get paid. The person you talk to, 99% of the time, is the one that will approve your claim - then they get paid more!

One thing I do like with Youi - you have access to your policy online where you can make just about any change you want.

When I badly twisted my ankle and on crutches for about 6 weeks, I went online and changed the policy to 3rd party fire and theft (not riding, so no need for full cover).
    The day I wanted to ride again, changed it back to full cover, it charged my card $2.00 (something) and I am good to go.

BTW - No I don't work there, but know someone who does. (Not a tosser)

Bike
    Harley-Davidson 1200 FXDL + 2013 Hyosung

Research the policy before making statements

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry74 View Post
    Reckon my bike is $160 a year through State.

Youi nearly $500 for same amount of cover, extra for road side assist and gear cover.

No wonder they got done by commerce commission
    None of the above statements in regards to their policy is accurate:

Roadside comes with full cover - you do not have to pay any more for it. Two claims per policy year then $150.00 per additional claim.
    It is NOT available for 3rd party or 3rd party fire and theft. You can not add it as an option on these policies.

$500.00 of gear cover is included - you can add more cover if you want.

The commerce commission did them for dodgy (at best) sales tactics - not their policy pricing or claiming principals.

if you don't like the price - go somewhere else - it is your choice - but please be accurate on your criticisms.

i have read my policy document in detail - it is available online, like all other companies, so you can research it before committing to a policy and know what is and isn't included.

Bike
    Mine
    YOUI may not be a complete bunch of tossers but it is clear that their business model is deluded at best.

The whole point of insurance is to distribute risk across as many people as possible; thus enabling the unfortunate few to recover from an unfortunate event without having to declare bankruptcy. Reducing premiums significantly because a given person is "low risk" flies in the face of this principle and threatens to destroy the entire system. The inevitable conclusion to this is that we all take our own risk and insurance becomes completely useless.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    YOUI may not be a complete bunch of tossers but it is clear that their business model is deluded at best.

The whole point of insurance is to distribute risk across as many people as possible; thus enabling the unfortunate few to recover from an unfortunate event without having to declare bankruptcy. Reducing premiums significantly because a given person is "low risk" flies in the face of this principle and threatens to destroy the entire system. The inevitable conclusion to this is that we all take our own risk and insurance becomes completely useless.
    The concept of self insurance is quite common in some big firms. Or should I say they adopt the stance that they'll insure on the basis of covering the first one or two million themselves, thus covering them for the big hits, then managing the risk of lower level events on their own dime. Or at least that's how it's been explained to me.

For the bikes I've always gone with Kiwibike, good value from what I've looked at personally. Not had a claim as yet, touch wood, so can't comment on that angle.

Thread Information