Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: The definitive motorcycle insurance thread

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Ami closed down most of their branches last year, laid off a lot of staff and put their premiums up. I among many others I have met, have ditched them. Arseholes.
    I'll happily dump them, as soon as I find alternatives.

Bike
    GSF250, CBR250RR
    I have protecta insurance. The premiums are the best I could find. 19 years old, 920cc bike, agreed value 5k, charged $35 monthly for full comprehensive. Been riding for 3 years. Does anyone here have experience with them?

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by Krompot View Post
    I have protecta insurance. The premiums are the best I could find. 19 years old, 920cc bike, agreed value 5k, charged $35 monthly for full comprehensive. Been riding for 3 years. Does anyone here have experience with them?
    I have been with them for three weeks, great so far.

No claims with previous company but when I came to change bikes after five years to a smaller capacity and less sporty bike they bumped the cost up based solely on the value. If I get no recognition whatsoever for 25 years claim free riding they can piss right off.

Protecta were cheapest which is why I am with them. I suspect most companies are pricks when you try to claim money off them. Best not to have to.

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post

No claims with previous company but when I came to change bikes after five years to a smaller capacity and less sporty bike they bumped the cost up based solely on the value. If I get no recognition whatsoever for 25 years claim free riding they can piss right off.

Protecta were cheapest which is why I am with them. I suspect most companies are pricks when you try to claim money off them. Best not to have to.
    That's some quality logic right there.
    Buying a product that you believe will not perform on the basis of the lowest price.
    What could possibly go wrong?

Bike
    It was on the good
    There seems to be even less logic in buying a product that I don't believe will perform but paying double for it.

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    There seems to be even less logic in buying a product that I don't believe will perform but paying double for it.
    Here's the thing - insurers in NZ are in a small market, and any kind of motor insurance is generally a loss leader.
    So that given they can all expect the same claims frequency, the only way to make your insurance cheaper is either to offer less service and/or pay fewer claims.
    That is to say, cut price policies are more likely to be problematic for the consumer than the more expensive kind.

Notwithstanding that, paying anything for a product that you don't expect to perform is quite silly.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Notwithstanding that, paying anything for a product that you don't expect to perform is quite silly.
    I expect any insurer I am with to try and wheezle their way out of a paying a claim. They are there to make money regardless of how the adverts come across. I wouldn't take advice on which insurer to use from the internet and with no previous claims experience I don't have much to base a decision on. I had three quotes within $50 or so of each other so went with one of them. They were all more than $300 less than the quote from the insurer I had been with for 15 years.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1

They were an option for me until I read the policy document. No thanks.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Bike
    rohan
    They're pretty good. An Aussie company who's been insuring bikes for moons. The only thing that lets them down is not having an 0800 number and only being able to contact them during business hours.
    www.routerlogin.net
    pikashow

Thread Information