Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The definitive motorcycle insurance thread

Bike
    Thinking

The definitive motorcycle insurance thread

Got a quote today for;
    The discounted annual premium to insure your motorcycle for Full Cover is $748.20 per annum.
    This policy has a monthly option which would be $69.30.
    The basic excess is $500.00
    I think thats $30 better than the AMI quote I have.
    Does any one know much about Swann?
    Cheers
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil
    Got a quote today for;
    The discounted annual premium to insure your motorcycle for Full Cover is $748.20 per annum.
    This policy has a monthly option which would be $69.30.
    The basic excess is $500.00
    I think thats $30 better than the AMI quote I have.
    Does any one know much about Swann?
    Cheers
    Was that quote to cover your Duke? If so I would rate that as quite a reasonable package, and for the AMI quote to only be a tad higher you are doing well also. Sorry, don't know much about Swanns reputation?

I'm currently going thru the motions of a claim with AMI - first ever claim made, so far so good.

P.s did u ever find your wallet Quasi? :sneaky2:

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Had 1 claim with Swann and had no probs.
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    Triumph Daytona 650 in RED
    I had a claim with Swann about 10 years ago which took 3 months of me hounding them to sort out.

Turns out it was the other drivers insurance holding things up because they didn't have a statement from "their" witness. I told Swann to send them a copy of our witness statement, because it's probably the same person and things got settled fairly quickly after that. (Surprise, surprise!)

The other insurance company? AMI.

They're pretty good. An Aussie company who's been insuring bikes for moons. The only thing that lets them down is not having an 0800 number and only being able to contact them during business hours.
    "Women & cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." Bruce Graham

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed
    Was that quote to cover your Duke? If so I would rate that as quite a reasonable package, and for the AMI quote to only be a tad higher you are doing well also. Sorry, don't know much about Swanns reputation?

I'm currently going thru the motions of a claim with AMI - first ever claim made, so far so good.

P.s did u ever find your wallet Quasi? :sneaky2:
    No never did find it, kept looking for a while but its a gonna.
    Thanks for your thought on Swann~
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    rsv 1000
    seems full insurance is cheap over there it is $2000 a year for my rsv1000 i would love to pay $700 ish

Bike
    None any more
    Swann coughed for the repairs to the Zrex. No problems at all.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    I had problems with them. They underinsured the bike and the assessor they used inflated the repair quote to make it a write off. I don't know if this was wilful or just incompetence. They did sort it finally, but it took a bit of effort to get them to play ball.

Bike
    2013 Street Triple R
    No idea what they are like.
    If you want to compare to some one else - Dave Golightly - Broker from CHCH through VERO. When I got my first bike he gave me my husbands no claim discount and when I had a crash 2 mths later there were absolutely no problems. To insure a 2002 Busa and 2003 Suz 750F is is about $1500 for the year.
    A dog will do what you ask
    A cat will take a message and get back to you later

Bike
    2 x 07 GSXR1000, 99 TL1000
    I'm about to put in a claim, those that have done so before, did you have to put in 2 separate quotes for repair?, although the claim form states this, it's a bloody waste of time!.........

Bike
    2003 Suzuki Burgman 650
    Used swann for mortgage repayment insurance , had to claim due to serious illness paid out no hassles once all the paper work completed, they were good to deal with and went out of there way to help.

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    We had insured our bikes with AMI. Excellent service. They even valued a writeoff at above the value we insured it at and paid us. Didn't charge us the excess either.

Our bikes are/were insured by Swann through a broker (Kiwibike - Dave Hewer).
    Swann are OK but Kiwibike have soured us completely, they owe us money (because they over charged us - been owing for over 18 months only, won't repay us).
    They insured four bikes at once but came up with two renewal dates.
    We got a new bike and they only quoted us for monthly repayments when all the others are yearly.
    Don't ask any difficult questions because you won't get a reply.
    Remember this is Kiwibike not Swann.

We going to go the NZI through Classic Cover. Four bikes '97 KL250, '99 ZX6R, '99 ZRX1100, '02 KLX250 total premium $1650.

Screw Kiwibike.

Bike
    2004 GSXR600 / 1989 K75 BMW
    Hi Brett,

I've always used Swann and never had any problems. Remember that all your gear (leathers helmet e.t.c.) goes under your contents insurance, so make sure you've got some!!!! (contents insurance that is).
    Not even with yours!!!

Bike
    Triumph Sprint ST
    Swann insured my VTR last year for $770, this years renewal notice $950! no claims, nothing. and that also includes the reduction in premium by depreciating the bike from last years value.

Two other quotes around the $750 mark

State ins. have my business for the princely sum of $540.

Bike
    2 x 07 GSXR1000, 99 TL1000
    Just got off the phone with Swann, I want to make a claim for about maybe $1500 tops for damage to my bike. I'm paying $53a month ($636 a year), if I make a claim my monthly rate increases to $75 a month ($900).

I'm gutted.

Thread Information