Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Crash on Waterloo Quadrant/Princes St (12 March)

Bike
    1995 Suzuki Volty (TU250)
    Blog Entries
    I would like to politely suggest that people refrain from speculating on the cause of this crash, and refrain from making remarks about other alleged incidents involving this rider.

In a serious crash like this, it is entirely likely someone will be charged. It would be very unfortunate if anything in this thread suggested who might be at fault, based on previous observations of the rider rather than actual eye-witness evidence.

Perhaps some of these issues would be better discussed in person rather than on a public forum?
    There is no such thing as bad weather; only inappropriate clothing!

Bike
    VFR400, ZX9R, GSXR750, ZXR750, TRX850
    I don't see the difference between talking about this on a public forum and talking about this in a crowded bar. It's all just opinion and assumption and who knows what's true, nothing like that can be used in legal activity. We don't even know which way he was heading.

Bike
    1995 Suzuki Volty (TU250)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingrob View Post
    I don't see the difference between talking about this on a public forum and talking about this in a crowded bar. It's all just opinion and assumption and who knows what's true, nothing like that can be used in legal activity. We don't even know which way he was heading.
    The difference is that things on here hang around for a lot longer and can be 'overheard' by hundreds of people.
    There is no such thing as bad weather; only inappropriate clothing!

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by klingon View Post
    The difference is that things on here hang around for a lot longer and can be 'overheard' by hundreds of people.
    A better way to put your first post would be... "You werent there, so shutup and dont speculate"

Bike
    True but I'd think that internet banter would have even less credibility than pub banter. Bringing a speculating post based on assumptions from a thread from a University forum from a Biker forum into a legal case would hold up pretty poorly I'm sure.

Bike
    And to be honest the only speculation on here has been "If that's the guy I'm thinking of, he rides like an idiot" by Dush. If stuff like that gets taken seriously, then Asian drivers are screwed!

Bike
    THE XS is GONE, long live the across
    Blog Entries
    yeah, the speculation of "it might be a person I have seen doing stupid things before, but then it might not, either way he might have been doing nothing wrong cause as everyone has seen at some points cagers do stupid things too"

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    I would like to politely suggest that people refrain from speculating on the cause of this crash, and refrain from making remarks about other alleged incidents involving this rider.

In a serious crash like this, it is entirely likely someone will be charged. It would be very unfortunate if anything in this thread suggested who might be at fault, based on previous observations of the rider rather than actual eye-witness evidence.

Perhaps some of these issues would be better discussed in person rather than on a public forum?
    Oh come off it lol, if that is the case ban all threads like this. Stevo you are a mod, delete the thread then.

I agree with rob, whats wrong with a little banter. It happens all the time with incidents.

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    And to be honest the only speculation on here has been "If that's the guy I'm thinking of, he rides like an idiot" by Dush. If stuff like that gets taken seriously, then Asian drivers are screwed!
    yeah rob basically summed it up. I can and will speculate, tis a free country.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Drider87 View Post
    yeah rob basically summed it up. I can and will speculate, tis a free country.
    As long as these are adhered to...

Discussion of accidents
    • Accident resulting in death or serious injury

1. Please show respect and consideration for the bikers, friends and family involved
      2. Names and details are not to be discussed for 24 hours after the accident unless they are already public (in the media) or are posted by family, close friends or Moderators
      3. Should an accident result in deaths A RIP/Biker Down thread will be started once the names and details are public knowledge (in the media)
      4. A RIP/Biker Down thread is for condolences only; speculation and general discussion about the circumstances should be in a seperate thread
    • The Administrators and Moderators reserve the right to remove a thread or posts
    • Any accident that happens at a public gathering is fair comment, subject to the above stipulations
    • Discussion of any accident not involving death or serious injury should be kept to a single thread. Respect for those involved should be shown at all times.
    • Fictitious or malicious speculation will be removed without notification and the person that posted the comments will be strongly censured

Bike
    Seems all good then. Broken pelvis would not be in the serious injury category.

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Seems all good then. Broken pelvis would not be in the serious injury category.
    mmmhmmm. Its been 24 hours too, but starting another thread would just be inefficient. Soooooo, what do you guys reckon happened.

mmmhmmm. Its been 24 hours too, but starting another thread would just be inefficient. Soooooo, what do you guys reckon happened.
    he was drunk and speeding while smoking crack and the bastard car infront of him turned without indicating.

cage drivers are dicks.
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade master View Post
    he was drunk and speeding while smoking crack and the bastard car infront of him turned without indicating.

cage drivers are dicks.
    A solid theory except for the car turning in front of him bit, most likely it was actually doing a u turn.

A solid theory except for the car turning in front of him bit, most likely it was actually doing a u turn.
    it wouldnt of been to bad, if the dude didnt have his girl on the back not wearing a helmet, and his pet cat in his backpack.
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Thread Information