Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Two-stroke performance tuning?

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    In a farmhouse out the back of Ohakea by a bloke named Colin Wheeler. He was later "2 Wheels Engineering" in Palmy North I think. He cast the hub and other bits in a tin heated by a LPG burner of some sort. Very back yard Kiwi sort of thing.
    l have a good wright up on it somewhere will post it when l find it

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    here is the right up hope you can read it
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	525.4 KB 
ID:	261012Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	765.3 KB 
ID:	261011

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by SS90 View Post

Geee, You havn't been following there have you?

I will write this REALLY SIMPLY.

The "factor" is simply a way of expressing this "counter weight" on the crank
    compared to the weight of the piston rods assembly.

i.e the piston/rod assembly weighs this percentage of the crankwebs (counterweights)
    Your mostly on the right track but your definition (understanding) of Balance Factor ""i.e the piston/rod assembly weighs this percentage of the crankwebs (counterweights)"" is wrong because you have the counter weight heavier than the reciprocating mass of the piston/rod assembly.

A small but very important difference.

Your definition of Balance Factor should have read, ""the crank webs (counterweights) weigh this percentage of the reciprocating mass of the piston/rod assembly"" as the counter weight is always lighter than the reciprocating mass of the piston/rod assembly.

A 60% Balance Factor means the counterweight weighs 60% of the reciprocating weight of the piston/rod assembly.

You can look it up on the web.

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Foreign Correspondant.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	610.3 KB 
ID:	267822

Train Spotting .........

Bike
    Norton Manx
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Buckets4me pulling in his second win for the day and Chambers in third on the notoriously treacherous Mt Welly track when its wet.

"B Grade", in the wet? You must be proud.
    Anything in the wet at the very slippery Mt Wellington track is quite an achievement, Buckets4me should feel proud.

Bike
    Norton Manx
    SS90's real Industry experience doesn't seem to have carried this thread very far, pitty.
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    Norton Manx
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFred View Post
    At full power, some fuel does pass the jet three times.

ss90 here is a video clip to help you get your head around it.
    I know you told us it does int happen but it does.
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    GPR150
    is it time for a basic 2 stroke tuning thread ? simple spacers under barrels and simple measurements etc ? reading the 85mx thread there seems to be a problem ? sorry ese but your thread is over my head

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by mr bucketracer View Post
    is it time for a basic 2 stroke tuning thread ? simple spacers under barrels and simple measurements etc ? reading the 85mx thread there seems to be a problem ? sorry ese but your thread is over my head
    SS likes to talk himself right even when he is plainly wrong and killed his own thread by picking fights with people who disagreed with him. You can try and get him back but I am afraid you may only get simplistic answers and misinformation like this gem.

In an effort to get some clear information written before the local fools start replying.

Do you know of any material (preferably not web based) that can accurately quote the VE of a performance two stroke?

I maintain that a performance two stroke IS MOST CERTAINLY NOT "SUPERCHARGED".

For the sake of "science" I will agree that you COULD consider there is a slight "SUPERCHARGE" "EFFECT" from an expansion chamber, however, that alone (the effect) does NOT constitute a "supercharged" engine, anymore that an airbox does.

Essentially, an expansion chamber pushes "HALF FUCKED" over heated low density air, fuel, and particle matter back in to the combustion chamber.

How does that constitute "a supercharged engine"?

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
    So how about telling us the modern and correct way. Or is it so secret no one else is allowed to know?
    I would LIKE to skunk, but I am worried that if I did, given the fact that Teezeetreefiddys engine (apparently) is "overheating" and requires dubious cooling efficiency improvements, (at a "wopping" 15.5 P.S) if I was to tell him how to make more power, it may well cause a Nuclear Holcaust of biblical proportions as it headed down the back straight, causing widespread destruction,and global warming of unprecedented proportions.

I don't want that on my head.

Mind you, he probably still wont win a race.
    Actually MrBucketracer, there is some gold on here....

Thread Information