Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hulloooo from 2 newbies to NZ! (Maddmaxs)

Bike
    XR200
    Quote Originally Posted by LBD View Post
    You will feel at home in NZ...the futher south the more at home. There is a monument between Gore and Winton erected 1997 to the Glencoe mascare....loooonnnnggg memories you Scots
    Aye an we diina fergit. Yer nae Campbells I trust.....

Some history http://www.teara.govt.nz/NewZealande.../Standard/1/en

Bike
    SV 1000

new to NZ

I'm getting really frustated and very dispondent! Harrumph!

No takers for the flat yet

We want to be in NZ NOW!!!

Also getting a wee bit jittery about giving up 2 good jobs, but hey, we arent coming to NZ to make a fortune in money, just to make a 'fortune' of new buds and find our 'pot of gold' in our enjoyment out on the roads on our bikes, and out hillwalking etc....

I'm needing a mountain of virtual hugs at the mo to keep me going guys and girls!

M

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    and before you know it... you will be cleaning the new guzzi in the sun, wondering were the times gone. ohhh you looking for this ---->
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    SV 1000
    Feeling better already! Cheers!

Bike
    Ducati 900ss The Guido Torpedo
    Welcome and hope you get here soon. Seems to be quite a few scots in Christchurch, just an observation. You'll both have to do the big tour and see it all.
    Exert your talents, and distinguish yourself, and don't think of retiring from the world, until the world will be sorry that you retire. -Samuel Johnson

Bike
    SV 1000

Hulloooo again

T'is me, fae Aiberdeeeeen, Scoatland!

Flat sold! One-way tickets bought! How exciting!

We arrive in Auk on 7 Aug, and head down to CHCH on the 10th.

Now, I know this is a biker forum, but

.......................... if anyone knows of any Delica's for sale, please send em my way! I fear we'll have to make purchase of a 4-wheeler afore the new bikes!

Also, if anyone wants to meet us in Aukland on the Friday night (7th) to share a wee libation and some good live music, please pm me - we'll be staying at one of the Yoof hostels. Also, our first Friday in CHCH (14th) would be good to do the same.

Watch out NZ, the Christies are coming!

Maddmaxs

Bike
    Yamaha TDM
    Good onya, welcome to KB and NZ.
    bit cold here at the moment
    hope your old man doesnt wear one of those tartan skirts.
    he is going to freeze.
    mate of mine has a delica.
    will check it out.
    And that is the honest truth your honour..

Bike
    SV 1000
    Delica's rool! We're gonna campervanize ours when we get it, but put in units that are easily wheeched out when we want to make it an mpv. We've been fantisising about it for a coupla years, sad, I know!

Altogether more fun will be testing riding a heap of bikes we've never even heard of, and we fancy trying something small(er) and light(er) for dirt track riding. (Something easily picked up again, in my case! lol)

Is there anyone does off road riding courses, or is it just a case of trial (Scuse the pun) and error?

Maddmaxs

And yes, Mr Granite loves wearing his kilt, he'll just hae to mind and no wear it when the sand flies are out!!!! ooocha!

Bike
    SV 1000

We made it!

We are here! Arrived 3 weeks ago today. Manky holiday home for the first 2 weeks (by manky I just mean very cold and very damp), and now into new rental, warm and dry (thank God for heatpumps). Deli bought, husband now ensconced in campervanising it! No tools arriving till October tho....

Had a wander round some bike shops already. V impressed with the lassie in the Suzuki shop. Thinking about taking a wee Gladius out for a test run and have seen a BMW 800 that I also want to take for a run. Guzzi Brevas are like hens teeth tho, so hubbie a bit down bout that

Went to Micky Fins first second friday in, good band playing, and went to somewhere sounding like the Gentlemans Table ?!? where some skiffle band was playing on Friday past, there were affae good too.

If anyone does have a Breva out there that they wouldnt mind us trying (big ask I know), we'd be very very grateful and very very careful with it!

Can you let me know where else to go to meet up with some of you and listen to some good rock music... I've got 2 mates coming down tomorrow who may still be here and needing entertained at the weekend!

Cheers!

Maddmaxs and Elbandito

Bike
    2013 Victory Hammer 8 Ball
    Welcome onboard KB,and to New Zealand (when you get here.LOL.) Maddmaxs.

Bike
    2005 Repsol CBR1000RR
    Welcome to the land of the long white cloud! Hope you guys have a blast here....

Bike
    Congratulations on your move guys

Have dangerous & LBD hit you up for a drinking session yet

cc

Bike
    SV 1000
    Hurra! Bikers with bikes again! Anyone wishing to contact us for a ride out/blatt, please pm me. I couldnt help myself: ended up going for the first bike I took for a test ride.......... I told myself not to do that but 13 months without a bike does that to you...

Household and bike kit arrived last Thursday, booked test ride on the Friday for Sat, deposit paid and bike collected a week later, ie 3 days ago. Still a bittie ginger, much more powerful than my wee bandit 600, and still suffering from being persuaded to buy new leathers a size smaller than i should have! Must eat less/exercise more................

Other arf luvvs his Guzzi... happy as a pig in shit he is!

Maddmaxs

Bike
    03 Tuono Racing,MotoFXR F4,DT175
    Hi there you two!

Great that you both have bikes now....

Check the meetings & events thread for ChCh rides.Weekly Wed & Thurs evening rides have started and theres always other rides happening too

Looking forward to meeting you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeteey View Post
    You're very welcome darling. I do maintain that you could ride a rock and it would go quick!

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddmaxs View Post
    Hurra! Bikers with bikes again! Anyone wishing to contact us for a ride out/blatt, please pm me. I couldnt help myself: ended up going for the first bike I took for a test ride.......... I told myself not to do that but 13 months without a bike does that to you...

Household and bike kit arrived last Thursday, booked test ride on the Friday for Sat, deposit paid and bike collected a week later, ie 3 days ago. Still a bittie ginger, much more powerful than my wee bandit 600, and still suffering from being persuaded to buy new leathers a size smaller than i should have! Must eat less/exercise more................

Other arf luvvs his Guzzi... happy as a pig in shit he is!

Maddmaxs
    Hey got ya txt when we were all racing at greymouth, sorry I never replyed had no coin on the phone and was a little distracted. Cool ride ya got cos muilties belong in cars, and Mr MM has even beter tast.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Thread Information