Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBR150 make a good bucket?

Bike
    CBR125R RACE BIKE

CBR150 make a good bucket?

hae just recently i brought the banana bucket and i raced it mt wellington ect

its a good bike but its not realy fast enough to keep up with bikes on the straight......i learnt a few cornering tactics and had a great day.

ive got a rm85 i want to sell because i fell bucket bike racing is me and motorcross isnt as natural to me,

ive got about $4500 to spend on a bucket...{im not trying to be one of those guys who jsut buys the most expensive thing} i jsut want a bike which i can keep for a while and dont have to keep ungrading.
    ive thought about modifying my bucket but realy its jsut not worth it.

i like the cbr150 is that a good bucket?? can it be raced as a bucket?
    chuck norris's calender goes from march 31st to april 2nd

No one fools chuck norris.......

Bike
    Aprilia RSV4
    yes yes and yes they are great
    It's not what you ride but how you ride it!!

Bike
    2010 CB600f & a couple of bucket RB's
    Blog Entries
    Why don't you save your money and buy a good runner, which usually cost $400 - $800.
    Yes 4 strokes are for homos. Homo-sapiens that is, who have realized bigger is better.

Bike
    Husky TE310, 2 Buckets and a ZXR250C
    Id save up and buy a 125GP bike for that.

4500$ on a bucket is far too much your never get any where near that back.

Plus i believe you need to learn to ride first, the Banana aint a bad bucket. Much better than some B-grade buckets.

Learn to ride .

Bike
    FOR SALE
    Mt Eden motorcyles has a 94 rs125 Aprilla that you could probley get for 4 or just under and use the change to sleeve it down to a 100 that will make a good bucket somthing like the number 1 bike on the weekend.
    RIDE FOR THE CONDITIONS WHEN THEY CHANGE INCREASE YOUR SPEED

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    if you are spending that sorta money make sure you do a bit more time on that
    banana you where riding so well
    there is more speed to be had out of it yet as you learn to hang off and ride it properly

also you will only mash that aprilla up same with the cb150
    keep the banana till you get fast enough to leave the b grade like the first 5 did on saturday

next meeting I would expect you to be well up the frount
    dont worry about not being able to pas me in a straight line
    I'm to scared of breaking something in the corners (thats what hapens with an expensive bike and a few broken boans)

keep the banana till you can find something better I say
    also try a few of the other bikes out (some of the cb125 twins)
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    CBR125R RACE BIKE
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets4Me View Post
    if you are spending that sorta money make sure you do a bit more time on that
    banana you where riding so well
    there is more speed to be had out of it yet as you learn to hang off and ride it properly

also you will only mash that aprilla up same with the cb150
    keep the banana till you get fast enough to leave the b grade like the first 5 did on saturday

next meeting I would expect you to be well up the frount
    dont worry about not being able to pas me in a straight line
    I'm to scared of breaking something in the corners (thats what hapens with an expensive bike and a few broken boans)

keep the banana till you can find something better I say
    also try a few of the other bikes out (some of the cb125 twins)

Thanks, ive ridden a cb12t on mt wellington and i didnt like it that much, i found the bananna faster for my riding style.

waiting until im betting is abit annoying because im faster than some people but i cant catch them because the bananna just isnt fast enough.

if i had a cbr150 ect it wouldnt be the bike slowing me down it would be the rider{me]

Bike
    CBR600F
    Now I don't want you to think I'm attacking you Dellorto, but does anyone else think that the idea of spending $4k on a bucket kind of goes against the spirit of what bucket racing is all about? I mean, what appeals to us (hubby and I) about bucket racing is that it can be done on a small budget and it's all about doing it yourself.

I guess it is just the nature of any competitive sport though eh? People want to win, so they will do what they can within the rules to do it, and spend whatever money they are comfortable spending.
    "I's no' a bobike (motorbike) - i's a scooter!" - MsKABC's son, aged 2 years.

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    The fastest Buckets in Welly are under $1000 spent. It's the rider that's fast - not the bucket.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    the other issue is that if you have more money than DIY skill, it makes sense to buy something.... some of us are realistic about our ability to race port stuff on the kitchen table using only a jewellers loupe and a microplane grater....

but you could get a crashed FXR150 for around the $2k mark, surely?
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    SV1000, ZX6R, FZR400, CBR250,FXR150

Patience

Having the fastest bike, is not necessarily going to make you the fastest rider on the track.

You rode exceptionally well last weekend, but it was your first meeting. The Banana was our old bike, it's a great 'B' grade bike and capable of winning 'B' grade races.

Take some time to learn your lines, ride smoothly and develop your skills.

If you really want another bike, look for an FXR, for a fraction of the cost of the CBR.

My 2 cents worth, hope it helps

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    hands up anyone who hase been racing for a few years and has only spent $1000 on there bucket

now add up the hours you have been working on it and multiply by the min wage

now howmany of you can say your bucket has cost less then $1000

bet you f5dave wouldn't sell his 50 for $2000
    bet those fxr's in christchurch wouldn't either

I know I would want at least $5k for mine + spares

I havent seen a decent bucket on trade me for under $500
    and I dont mean an ax100 but a bored out cb125 twin with tzr rims and brakes forks etc
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Its a bit of an old chestnut, how dare you thinking of buying in a fast bike. We race against 4 CBR150s, they are are well up the sharp end, the real fast guys are under 60 kg. It just improves the breed really, we work hard on making FXRs that are fast to keep up, there has been some work with the hot 2 strokes, If you buy a good port job what cost is that 500? and a pipe 400, might as well put it in a rs frame 500-1000.

Dellorto , I personally think you would be better off spending way less on a fxr , get fast on , tune it as you get faster. Way more people know how to tune FXRs , repair blown upers, and all the parts are available

Bike
    CBR125R RACE BIKE
    Quote Originally Posted by SHELRACING View Post
    Having the fastest bike, is not necessarily going to make you the fastest rider on the track.

You rode exceptionally well last weekend, but it was your first meeting. The Banana was our old bike, it's a great 'B' grade bike and capable of winning 'B' grade races.

Take some time to learn your lines, ride smoothly and develop your skills.

If you really want another bike, look for an FXR, for a fraction of the cost of the CBR.

My 2 cents worth, hope it helps
    no fxr's arnt me.......they are just too heavy and big for someone small like myself....... of course the bannana can win races....i feel that i could have way more fun i i had a bike that scared me

Bike
    CBR125R RACE BIKE
    Quote Originally Posted by MsKABC View Post
    Now I don't want you to think I'm attacking you Dellorto, but does anyone else think that the idea of spending $4k on a bucket kind of goes against the spirit of what bucket racing is all about? I mean, what appeals to us (hubby and I) about bucket racing is that it can be done on a small budget and it's all about doing it yourself.

I guess it is just the nature of any competitive sport though eh? People want to win, so they will do what they can within the rules to do it, and spend whatever money they are comfortable spending.
    id love to make my own bucket but i just dont have a workshop big enough to do the job......

and there's heaps of people at mt wellington with flash derbi's ect.......its not against the sport.....the people winning at mt wellington are people with fxr's mainly......

Thread Information