Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Two dead after police chase of motorcyclist

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries

Two dead after police chase of motorcyclist

Two dead after police chase

This is the first time I have heard of a car occupant dying from the impact of a motorbike, assuming that was the direct cause of the woman’s death?

Anyone know what the guy was riding?

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    A Triumph of some kind
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    98 HondaRS125
    see todays postings on un-pc vote
    Luv it!

Bike
    A touring barge
    it looked like a Speed Triple, in that tell tale pink.

Will be interesting what details wash out in the next few days, that's for sure.....

Bike
    Sold

Talking I must need glasses.......

Thought what was left of it looked like a Duke on TV tonight.....

Bike
    XJR1200, Honda CB1/400
    Bit difficult to tell. There wasn't that much left of it. I wonder how fast the car was going.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    The reports said it was a Triumph and last night on TV you could recognise it had a completely sheared off single sided swingarm. Triumph enthusiasts no doubt would recognise the exact model.

As for a bike killing a car passenger/driver I had heard of this before, just can't recall the detail, but if a bike hits near enough straight in front of the person they can be killed by the biker or bike and/or parts going through the windscreen. In this case the Honda Civic looked pretty trashed because they had collided on a bend and the car was hit partly side on it appeared.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Me thinks that the rider shouldn't have run if he didn't have the skills to stay on the bike - I'd rather be ticketed that boxed!

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    You wants to bet that the result of this is more restrictive knee-jerk reaction motorbike laws.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    You bet - one idiot always ruins it for the majority, that is the way do-gooder bureaucracy works. They have to regulate to protect us, but hey those that commit crimes are usually breaking the law anyway so the laws are only abided by by those that conform. Its the whole punishment versus crime thing - no amount of death penalties anywhere has stopped murders occurring. When badasss people are up to no good they only have that animal instinct thing of fright or flight and in this case he took flight just like a scared cat might. He wouldn't have thought for one second about what the penalty would be and the consequences etc etc he would just think I've got to run from these meanass cops. Gun laws are another case in point - only the honest abide by them. So if they put tighter regulations on biking the honest will suffer, the badasses will still be badasses and probably do it using a stolen bike.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    A agree Merv - those breaking the law aren't even affected by the law change because they aren't abiding by it.  Numerous cases are examples - gun laws, dog registration laws, speeding, drink driving, over-stayers.....

Changing the law doesn't change the behaviour of people who already disregard the law - only re-education does (or death)...yet - those that abide by the law are restricted by the powers to be trying to reign in those who don't give a damn - where is the logic in that??

I ride a bike and I speed - yes - I choose to break the law - however as a biker I only choose to speed in situations where I deem it 'safe' (a loose use of the word) - usually deemed by minimal traffic and I am the only one likely to be injured.  Yes - call me a socially responsible illegal rider!  However, my bike is always registered, I have a license (for how long is questionable), the bike is always warranted, I wear top of the line safety gear, I ride on excellent tyres, and I am insured............I don't seem to have a point anymore so I will stop.

Bike
    RF900

Thumbs down

whatever way you look at it the biker was the cause of the death of an innocent 18 year old girl and the police were only doing what they do. this is not a proud day for us and heaven fobid I ever do the same.
    by latest accounts the persuit was still in action at the time and I cant find any blame apart from the skill and judgement of the biker. we will have accept this one as a lesson in knowing when the limit has been reached and its time to button off.
    my thoughts and compassion in this case are with the girl who lost her life.
    Your never to old for a sportsbike

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    I must say I disagree - a degree of responsibility remains on the police man in pursuit.......without which the rider wouldn't have been riding erratically.  Even police experts are at a loss to explain why the chase went as long as it did.  Police central even indicated they knew the rider from the rego - why continue the chase!

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Why continue the chase? Because the police were hyped up on the adrenaline rush as well!

“- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    Something red and quick
    Originally posted by SPman
    Why continue the chase? Because the police were hyped up on the adrenaline rush as well!

Exactly!!! and that is what is wrong.
    Police are endowed with power beyond normal humans. Therefore, they are also expected to exercise judgement and thoughts beyond normal.

Remember, WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITIES. (R1 and GSXR owners please also read )

So, in this case the police can be said as a component in the cause for not exercising proper judgement and let adrenaline rush got in control of the thinking process.

This is not police-bashing. Im sorry if it looks like such, but honestly I think police are expected to act responsibly for all the power they have.
    Elite Fight Club - Proudly promoting common sense and safe riding since 2024
    http://1199s.wordpress.com

Thread Information