Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Metz M1 Front and Z6 Rear

Bike
    NC700X XR250 MTS1200
    Blog Entries

Metz M1 Front and Z6 Rear

I just got my M1 Front and Z6 Rear fitted at Motohaus and will be running around the city to scrub them in before leaving for the big mainland on Weds.

So will let you kids know how they go....

Just for the record Kerry has set them up with 36psi front and 38psi rear

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapf
    I just got my M1 Front and Z6 Rear fitted at Motohaus and will be running around the city to scrub them in before leaving for the big mainland on Weds.

So will let you kids know how they go....

Just for the record Kerry has set them up with 36psi front and 38psi rear
    Bit hard unless you have a lot of gear to carry
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    Kerry knows his stuff.... but I thought that the pressures would be closer to 33 front 36 rear.

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    Have same on my GSXR1000 Excellent tyre's . Hook up great Getting good k's out of them to . Done 4500k on back so far
    SENSEI
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_0131.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	7994  

SENSEI PERFORMANCE TUNING

" QUICKER THAN YOU SLOWER THAN ME "

Bike
    XT
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei 509
    Have same on my GSXR1000 Excellent tyre's . Hook up great Getting good k's out of them to . Done 4500k on back so far
    SENSEI
    Dude you really need to learn to twist the throttle abit in corners, with 150hp they should be shredded. I'm sure my hard compound Shinkos look better than that.

Next time attack them with the angle grinder first, before posting, thanks.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy
    Kerry knows his stuff.... but I thought that the pressures would be closer to 33 front 36 rear.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS
    Bit hard unless you have a lot of gear to carry
    Now why do you guys say that :spudwhat:
    I have the Z6 on the rear and in the next week or 2 will have a sportec 1 on the frount..... It says on my swing arm 36 frount and 42 rear..... thats what I run and I have no problems with it, but keen to know why you think thats way too high.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous
    I have the Z6 on the rear and in the next week or 2 will have a sportec 1 on the frount..... It says on my swing arm 36 frount and 42 rear..... thats what I run and I have no problems with it, but keen to know why you think thats way too high.
    Those pressures would be OK for 2-up. One up at those pressures the tyres are too hard & will never warm up completely therefore reducing their grip potential
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS
    Those pressures would be OK for 2-up. One up at those pressures the tyres are too hard & will never warm up completely therefore reducing their grip potential
    For 1 up and 2 up it says the same....... never have had a problem with them not warming up yet..... used to run 45 in the Guzzi, but thats a differant story altogether.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Well.....I used to run those higher pressures too. Then I did a trackday at Taupo & I was advised that it was too hard & to drop to as low as 32psi. I lifted to 34/35 for road riding & notice that the tracking is much more positive with less of a 'skippy' feel. I'm convinced that it is because the tyres flex more & therefore get hotter. Try racing on cold tyres & see what happens.

Bike
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous
    Now I know when it comes to tyre pressures there are alot of different opinons. Personally, I run 36 front 38-40 rear, but those pressures are on a bigger bike with larger tyres.

My wife had a SV650S before she got her Z1000 and the recommended pressures were 33 front and 36 rear ( if I remember correctly)
    I realise the recommended pressures tend to be a little conservative on some bikes but they are usually a good start point.

Then again, like I said... Kerry knows his shit........

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon
    Dude you really need to learn to twist the throttle abit in corners, with 150hp they should be shredded. I'm sure my hard compound Shinkos look better than that.

Next time attack them with the angle grinder first, before posting, thanks.
    Hey TEFLON are trying to get mileage out of my tyre's not " Hero ' point's /
    As there is no Chicken Strip's on front or back tyre's Id say that i'm go just fine round corner's " Teflon " PM FUNKYFLY if you want to know how fast I am !! .You've got along way's to go before your'd get close Son !!LOL {PS got the grinder out on my boot's just for you / othat's right was from the road going round corner's !!!
    SENSEI
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_0133.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	8049  

Bike
    XT
    As there is no Chicken Strip's on front or back tyre's Id say that i'm go just fine round corner's " Teflon " PM FUNKYFLY if you want to know how fast I am !! .You've got along way's to go before your'd get close Son !!LOL {PS got the grinder out on my boot's just for you / othat's right was from the road going round corner's !!!
    SENSEI
    Shit thats weird, peg always scrapes before the boot does.

That picture is just another example that you really can't ride well, keep posting them.

What a waste of bike, all that extra horsepower you will never use.

Bike
    XT
    SENSEI
    I'm just playing, sorry.

If you are who think you are, then i'm really sorry.

You mentiond you had the fastest GSXR in Taranaki or somthing like that, was it's nickname "Donkey"?.

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    OK You found me out I cann't ride for shit best you come down here & show me how to ride . All my mate's must have been feeling sorry for me to let me beat them all the time Bugger!!!. How about coming down to the Naki for a over night ride Could put you up for the night & show you some sweet road's round here ? Nah was just a 93 GSXR1100R Staged 3 kitted .
    10.2 1/4 & 168 flying Ps Don't you have your feet on the foot peg's ?? SENSEI

Bike
    XT
    OK You found me out I cann't ride for shit best you come down here & show me how to ride . All my mate's must have been feeling sorry for me to let me beat them all the time Bugger!!!. How about coming down to the Naki for a over night ride Could put you up for the night & show you some sweet road's round here ? Nah was just a 93 GSXR1100R Staged 3 kitted .
    10.2 1/4 & 168 flying SENSEI
    Opps, thought you might have been someone i knew, years back.

Thread Information