Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie.. some pointers pls..

Bike
    05 Trumpy 650

2-Stroke Tuner..Auckland

Hey Repsol,

Aparently, Ray Clee is the man for 2-strokers. He owns/runs RCM Performance out in Henderson, no: 838 2036.

Give him a buzz bro!

Bike
    will do indeed

now i know 1 in henderson, anyone knows any decent tuner in north shore ?

i notice i got a funny flapping noise, intermittently, regarless rpm/speed, that makes me really worried

i hate to have the motor go 'bang' on me when i'm in the middle of nowhere

what are the symptoms of dying engine ?

Bike
    05 Trumpy 650
    Is the falpping noise only when you are moving? Or does it happen when you are stationary?

Would be easier to diagnose if I heard it first hand. Give me a buzz and I'll come take a look if you like.

Bike
    2004 YamahaFJR 1300
    My advice is to patch up the fuel leak without spending to much cash on her, and ride her to death till you can get a bigger bike, you will probably get bored with the 250 pretty quickly and spending money on it is just over capitolizing. besides 250s are for learnin on and dropping , just get out there and have fun....
    cheers ....

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja
    anyone heard of Ricky Porter? 2 stroke dude who can't stand 4 strokers. He normally races, but for the right beer, he could do some work on your bike. He's done a few bikes I've seen and seems to know his stuff. He'd be able to source some stuff for you too, as well as tinker up your stroker. Can't remember the exact location, but I think it was heading out Takanini way off GSR. Also can't remember his number, but I'm sure he's in the book and is known in the circles.. I know he's not over the shore way, but I've been told he's one of the better ones so the trip could be worth it.

Else try some of the places down Barry's Point road, see what those shops say. Not used them before tho, but there's Honda Cyclespot there..

welcome btw

Bike
    91 RGV 250
    I certainly reccomend ray at RCM performance as said above and I would definitely not suggest spectrum who areover on the shore.

My RGV seized and everyone who has been filled in with the details have pointed to major failings in the work that was done at spectrum but I took it to ray after it was seized and he delt to it good and proper and made it like new again, highly reccomend him for sure, he's not cheap, or close to you but if you are looking for the cheap and lazy option then you will never get your bike running 100% anyway.

I have had my bike in to kerry at motohaus aswell and they have done a top notch job there so I would reccomend them aswell.
    Farmers.... www.farmtalk.co.nz

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Hey chap - welcome aboard.

Re the bike - the only advice is try a little Armourall on your windscreen - it works really well on some (strange I know... but there you have it).

Re the site - sit back and join in as you go along... there is the usual good bad an ugly in here, and if you stuff up feel free to put your hand up and say so. It's no big thing and you'll get along with everyone a lot better if you do than argue your way out (like one or two in here try to do... for effect as much as anything).

Enjoy!
    MDU
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Thread Information