Well Justice has been seen to be done. The ex "Traffic Officer" I note that he'd spent 26 yrs in traffic enforcement, this makes him an ex T/O not a Policeman has been found guilty.
I sincerely hope that the sentence is appropriate.
MD thanks for keeping your head and explaining what happened to you, regards the way the Police treated you throughout.
The pity is that so many riders feel they are hard done by, when we could all try simply obeying the same road rules as everyone else.Being able to stop in the clear distance ahead is subjective at best in a situation like this.3+ seconds from on or just over 100K's per hour to stopped before impact.
Not possible.
Therefore barring any verbal BS from the driver involved this is simply an accident caused by his inattention, an accident that as with almost all accidents was completely avoidable.

I hope he gets the book thrown at him for attempting to use his credible witness status to try and say that he estimated their speed at 125 K's from side on and directly ahead. Thats Impossible!
While I no longer trust the NZ Justice system to get it right I can at least take some comfort from the fact that the jury took such a short time to see through the attempted defence and convict. Good for them.