Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone know about N-Zettas?

Bike
    CB125Twin, Nzeta 1961 & 63

Anyone know about N-Zettas?

Hey, after having done up 1 old scooter I have the bug and have just bought an N-Zetta in pieces. Should be here tomorrow so am looking forward to getting stuck in.

So question is, to anyone who knows these bikes or has done one up, any tricks or good little mods I should look at. Have a few ideas but in general I just want to get it back to stock standard and use it daily after this. Maybe get it going a bit quicker with carb and exhaust mods. Know they aint rockets but a 2 stroke 175cc with twin exhausts should have some get up and go.

Cheers

Bike
    1995 Suzuki Volty (TU250)
    Blog Entries
    I LOVE N-Zetas! They're so ugly they're beautiful! I know nothing about them, but I wish I did. All that luggage room on the front! I wanted to get one and put a big old leather suitcase on the front - it would be like having a full-size boot!

Unfortunately my partner seems to object to having greasy old 'project' bikes cluttering up the garage so I'm afraid you will have to do it all on my behalf.

Please post 'before' pics so I can live vicariously and enjoy your progress.
    There is no such thing as bad weather; only inappropriate clothing!

Jawa in a boat.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Great glad you are interested Klingon. Will do all the before and after pics etc... Could take me a while huh.

Jawa Jetski more like Motu. You had anything to do with em?
    Last edited by XRVrider; 23rd March 2009 at 21:01. Reason: spaz spelling

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    C-Zeta (aka Jawa) assembled under license in New Zealand.
    awas had some interesting features - kickstarter swivelled around and became gear lever, some also had an auto clutch that disengaged on the first part of the gear lever movement

http://www.nzeta.co.nz/
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Quote Originally Posted by XRVrider View Post
    Jawa Jetski more like Motu. You had anything to do with em?
    Yes...in 1970.Used to ride it off road.....used to scrap the running boards in corners.Used to not be able to start it last class at night school....all alone kicking furiously in the dark.Revved so hard it blew the voltage regulator to bits! If they could survive a dim witted 16 year old,they could survive into the 21st century.

It's the twin port Jawa 175 motor....with a body.Plenty of Jawa fanatics around.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    suzuki
    theyre actually called NZeta.
    they made a single pipe and twin pipe version. i have parts books manuals etc if you need copies...

Bike
    OK will get that name right from now on. Yes the twin pipe models are the 501, the first Cezeta as it was produced and the 502 with proper shock absorbers and indicators and the single zorst. Apparently the 502 had a better motor? Anyway, did you do anything special to yours Motu, except revs its brains out?

The little Jawa 50 we have has only the stator, no battery, and 6 volt lights, sounds like an NZeta is so much more complicated with a regulator ;-) Wonder if this thing is gonna have all its parts. I have an offer of copies of the service manual but if it doesnt work out I hope its OK to give you a shout Jellywrestler. Cheers

Bike
    motocompo
    Was that the blue Seadoo that was on Trademe a week ago? I had one to mees around with as a kid.

Bike
    2007 CB900
    Here is all i know .. Grub had one for work - his first job .. so that would be around the mid-late 1960's .. .they took it away for a service and forgot to put in the oil properly. It siesed and died - but he really did love it until then.
    Life is a gift that we have all been given. Live life to the full and ensure that you have absolutely no
    regrets.

For your parts needs:

http://www.motorcycleparts.co.nz/

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    My Dad had one of these in south taranaki some thirty years ago. Us boys pulled it out from under the hedge and put some gas in it and it went!! So we toured around the back country roads on it. It was comfy even two-up. Seeing pictures of it now I didnt realise it was so fugly - could its mother even love it?

No doubt a tidied up one with a non-sticky throttle cable and a well-adjusted gearchange would be a world apart from the first motorbike I ever road. I got my first ever tit-grope on the back of one of those.. she got distracted and rode through an electric fence in the dark LOL..

Wow, thats some time ago. When you get it all going, I'll swap you a ride on my 650 for a ride on your zetta!

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by klingon View Post
    I LOVE N-Zetas! They're so ugly they're beautiful! I know nothing about them, but I wish I did. All that luggage room on the front! I wanted to get one and put a big old leather suitcase on the front - it would be like having a full-size boot!
    Isn't that where the fuel tank is?

Anybody who says they're ugly can get a telling-off from me -- looks like my childhood dreams of a Jetsons spaceship

Bike
    -
    Wow, that is seriously cool!
    Watch out for tow ropes and quickly braking cars

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    This is strange - haven't heard of N-Zetas for years, this thread appears and next thing I see this very nice one in Wellington today
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nzeta left.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	124001  
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Wow, thats a real nice 502 with the indicators etc...

Good news is I picked mine up from Mainfreight yesterday. The guy I bought it off was telling the full truth and nearly everything is there... well I bet as far as he could tell. A clutch adjustment bolt and the 2 threaded exhaust flange nuts, with the cooling fins on them, are missing. No big deal, imagine I can get them somewhere as the engine was used in other CZ's and Jawa's. All in all its a lot bigger than I thought, nearly 6 feet long. and quite a solid heavy body. They must have had 2 bikes in the past as theres a lot of 2 of everything, great!!!

If anyone knows a Jawa or CZ freak, please let me know, I know of 1 guy in Wellington I must email for some parts.

So heres the before picture... The jigsaw puzzle begins
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00873.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	124043  

Thread Information