Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hampton Downs Ride Days & California Superbike School

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Proof will be in the pudding as they say. We're all looking forward to seeing it up and running.

Bike
    2010 r6 road, 07 R6 track

I have worked out it

it costs me over $200 to go o taupo including gas etc getting up at 4am is also a pain but taupo is a really fun track to ride and I will still go there but we will now have a great track next door to Auckland.

if you look at the pricing it cost $200 for eastern creak or philip island translate into NZ dollars and it works out to be about $240nz.
    we are still getting a better deal on the only track in NZ of its grade.

Bike
    Several
    On the subject of cost I've just done a quick comparison with Aussie tracks and the UK... (using todays exchange rate)

By comparison a day at Taupo is a bargain (even more so at somewhere like Manfield).

Considering Hampton Downs is a supposed to be a world class venue, as good as the best international circuits then $199 would seem reasonable. For me at least it works out cheaper than Taupo. However, as someone said above there would seem to be a considerable profit margin at this price so I think its right to expect the very best from this firm.

One further point of interest here is the provision of hire bikes. New GSXR600's at $350 per day with limited damage liability. This is a very viable option for anyone considering a new bike. The cost includes tyres and fuel. Just turn up and ride. If you were to buy such a bike and do, say, 10 trackdays on it it would cost considerably more than to hire one when you look at the cost of purchase and consumables and insurance etc. It also gives the opportunity to hire a bike that you may not be able to afford or would consider as a road bike. I think thats a good deal and is good for expanding participants in trackdays.

So far so good... but people will expect the best from these days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	td.gif 
Views:	328 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	125771  

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS
    Its certainly great for motorcycling to have the superbike school in NZ. I've no doubt people will pay the money to take part... motorcyclists love spending money on motorcycle related things / activities.
    I don't think the fact they have exclusive rights to hampton downs is necessarily a bad thing for the other trackday companies, either.

Looking forward to riding the track!

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwifruit View Post
    Its certainly great for motorcycling to have the superbike school in NZ. I've no doubt people will pay the money to take part... motorcyclists love spending money on motorcycle related things / activities.
    I don't think the fact they have exclusive rights to hampton downs is necessarily a bad thing for the other trackday companies, either.

Looking forward to riding the track!
    Yeah I wouldn't expect demand for Taupo for example to drop off either. It's a good fun track in it's own right and well placed as far as access from anywhere in the north island goes.

Hoping for good weather so they can get the track finished!

Bike
    FXR1fiddy
    No doubt the cost of track days in NZ is cheaper than other places in the world. However doing a direct exchange rate comparison is not really fair as that does not take into account things like differing wages, cost of living, or taxes.

Bike

thought for the day

cost of track day at Hampton Downs $200.

knowing the track lines and teaching it too WSBK riders before next years race PRICELESS.

Bike
    Yamaha, R1
    Ok, how about $100.00 half day sessions with none of the mumbo jumbo at the front end. Start at 8.00am, get straight into it....half day ends at 12.00.

I just want to do more than one track day every six weeks...
    I will most definitely go a have fang around HD's, but Taupo and Puke are money for jam as far as bang for buck goes, so all good if its a great track but most of the track day companies do a pretty good job at the tracks available.

WSB week is gonna be a top 10 moment

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by J-rod View Post
    Ok, how about $100.00 half day sessions with none of the mumbo jumbo at the front end. Start at 8.00am, get straight into it....half day ends at 12.00.

I just want to do more than one track day every six weeks...
    I will most definitely go a have fang around HD's, but Taupo and Puke are money for jam as far as bang for buck goes, so all good if its a great track but most of the track day companies do a pretty good job at the tracks available.

WSB week is gonna be a top 10 moment
    stop spining up you tyres j-rod and you can do the whole day

by the way I have the trailer sorted for our next Taupo trip

Bike
    tedium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort View Post
    On the subjet of cost I've just done a quick comparison with Aussie tracks and the UK... (using todays exchange rate)
    You can't compare any of these wide, grippy tracks with excellent facilities and runoff to the slippery building site that is Taupo.

http://www.hamptondownsridedays.co.nz/

Website under construction...what is this...1986? At least get the fuggin prices up there.

I'm wondering who the instructors will be.............
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Bike
    03 Hornet 900, 08 Daytona 675 race bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Proof will be in the pudding as they say. We're all looking forward to seeing it up and running.
    "The proof of the pudding is in the eating", is what they should say
    I guess I will have to have a taste, even at $200, as someone said earlier, "it would be rude not to"
    "You never understood that it ain't no good, you shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you" - Bob Dylan

Bike
    Yamaha YZF 600. 1995
    Standard Suzuki GSXR600's with race panels. $350 per day with a maximum of $4500 of damage liability (ie if you write it off that is the maximum cost to you)

I have a problem with the 'Max $4500' liability, on account of the insurance companies seem to write off a new bike when a sparrow shits on the seat. So even a low-end, low-side bin is likely to attract a $4500 fee.

Luckily, I have my own bike, but geez I'd love to give a modern Gixer a go, but not with that price-tag hanging off the end. Hell's teeth, I'd never push to anywhere near the limits so what would be the point?

Does anyone know of a reinsurer who will insure against the excess?
    Only 'Now' exists in reality.

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by dpex View Post
    Standard Suzuki GSXR600's with race panels. $350 per day with a maximum of $4500 of damage liability (ie if you write it off that is the maximum cost to you)

I have a problem with the 'Max $4500' liability, on account of the insurance companies seem to write off a new bike when a sparrow shits on the seat. So even a low-end, low-side bin is likely to attract a $4500 fee.

Luckily, I have my own bike, but geez I'd love to give a modern Gixer a go, but not with that price-tag hanging off the end. Hell's teeth, I'd never push to anywhere near the limits so what would be the point?

Does anyone know of a reinsurer who will insure against the excess?
    Unfortunately that's life when it comes to other peoples bikes. I'd say though by them having the race fairings on there the plastics would be significantly cheaper to replace than if it were a road bike.

Bike
    2006 Kawasaki 636
    The cost for the track day is $199.00 and the cost per day for the school is $429.00 if you bring your own bike and gear. You can get two days of world class tuition and a ride day for $1,057.

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by kudos@xtra.co.nz View Post
    The cost for the track day is $199.00 and the cost per day for the school is $429.00 if you bring your own bike and gear. You can get two days of world class tuition and a ride day for $1,057.
    Well crikey, at that price i might make it a couple a week !
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Thread Information