Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1099.3kms, A South Island Odyssey

Bike
    1997 Ducati 600 Supersport
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneChucker
    Besides, I'd miss almost getting taken out by boi racer in his shitty cortina (NC8525) like today
    was it yellow???

Bike
    Sweet Fcuk All

hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Fordy
    Great tales and even better pics The Kaikoura lookout is now my favoured wallpaper until I get bored of lookin at it then I've saved the St Arnaud pic for later. That'll have to do me till I get there and can take my own piccies *sigh*

I've just finished reading Kiwis Might Fly about a girls mc tour of NI and SI, and have to say I imagined to former Blackball Hilton as being bigger, lol.
    Cool stuff there Fordy, I like the thought of my pics being wallpaper quality The Formerly Blackball Hilton is quite big, it extends a fair bit behind the front. They have about 20 rooms on the top floor, and a large ground floor with bar, dining room, lounge, games room, kitchen, etc... They even have an art gallery!

April 1, Erotic Art Show at the Hilton. R18's only... hehehe, the mind only boggles at the thought of what goes on there.

Bike
    Sweet Fcuk All

??

Quote Originally Posted by Blakamin
    was it yellow???
    Not 100% sure. It appeared light brown, maybe dark orange. Puke color to be exact. If I had the energy (feeling really shit lately), I would've filled in that online complaint thingiemajig on the police site. I was going to *555 him, but I wasn't in the mood to endanger other people to keep up

Bike
    Aquired by locals
    It was nice meeting you all. Sorry I couldnt catch up and do a bit of a trip with you. Seemed the biker Gods were against me.

Friday when I was meant to meet up with you all and go riding I was called to work to drive to CHCH. Then planning to meet you on Sunday for a nice ride back, the girlfriend falls nicely ill and I spent the whole of Saturday night and Sunday morning cleaning up and rubbing her back.

Eventually though, when she was asleep I managed to sneak out, fire up and shoot off to St Arnaud to meet with you all. Great catching up and SC, great bike!!! Needed to turn off as you guys went through Renwick as I had a funny feeling I was in a bit of trouble. Got home and she was awake, oh no.

Nice meeting you all once again and maybe Stevo and I can get off our lazy arses and come visit you in the NI.

Sniper
    To every man upon this earth
    Death cometh sooner or late
    And how can a man die better
    Than facing fearful odds
    For the ashes of his fathers
    And the temples of his Gods

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    SC did you notice the little sign indicated here on the pic attached?? This is the flood level the buller once reached and after being through there I think it would amaze most people! Mind you last time I went through there it was the hardest rain I had ever been in, and driving dad's holden with its bald rear tyres and buckled wheel (ask Death how bad that was!!) it was interesting to say the least.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100-0086_IMG.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	8131  

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by sAsLEX
    SC did you notice the little sign indicated here on the pic attached?? This is the flood level the buller once reached and after being through there I think it would amaze most people!
    Yeah that was a bad day all right.

Had to put the wipers on the Starlet up onto high speed. Most inconvenient.

Paul N

Bike
    HOT TRX450R (for sale)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    We had a super good time.

all in all I'm as happy as a boy thats just discovered his new girlfriend is a nymphomaniac that owns a brewery
    Shyte! Didn't realise you were THAT happy.

Surely the trip was not too expensive was it? Might be a little more expensive for Fordy tho

Think I might have to ride through to Westport again next weekend. Bloody nice ride along the Buller I reckon

Stevo

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo
    Think I might have to ride through to Westport again next weekend. Bloody nice ride along the Buller I reckon
    Shut up you lucky bastard!

Bike
    So old you won't care

Surely the trip was not too expensive was it? Might be a little more expensive for Fordy tho

Stevo
    If you have the (iron) arse for it I would also recommend dropping down to Greymouth via the coast road (on a nice day) and ripping back up the valley to Reefton and through the Rahu saddle to Springs Junction. Home from there.

If thats too much for a day, find a backpackers (often like $20) or the BBH which is $90 Bed, Dinner and Breakfast. Be warned though. You can spend that much in beer.

Seriously good riding around them parts.

Paul N

Bike
    70's Superbikes
    Sounds like you all had a great time, and a nice write up with pics.
    Tis a great place to explore, the South Island.
    A few more pics of the Guzzi and I woulda given you a rep point or two
    Blast From The Past Axis of Oil

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgyiti
    Sounds like you all had a great time, and a nice write up with pics.
    Tis a great place to explore, the South Island.
    A few more pics of the Guzzi and I woulda given you a rep point or two
    Roundfins forever now is it.....

Post a couple of pictures of your Guzzi and I might give you a few rep points...

Bike
    Sweet Fcuk All
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    If thats too much for a day, find a backpackers (often like $20) or the BBH which is $90 Bed, Dinner and Breakfast. Be warned though. You can spend that much in beer.
    Paul N
    ACTUALLY...

The room is $90, incl dinner and breakfast. I paid $103 in total. I had 2 diet cokes, 2 pints of Miners Dark, 3 DOUBLE southern comforts with lemonade and a slice of Carrot Cake. So all that for an extra $13 bucks! My reckoning is, if you drink $90 worth of Miners Dark, you'll be very very merry indeed

Bike
    Triumph Sprint ST
    Does that sound a bit on the cheap side to you? I think you did pretty good there.

guestimatated cheep prices -

Two cokes $4
    Two pints $6
    Three doubles $9
    Cake $2

$21, and you'd still be happy

Bike
    Aquired by locals

Stevo
    Might have to join ya mate, send me a text. Missus will let me out to play again
    To every man upon this earth
    Death cometh sooner or late
    And how can a man die better
    Than facing fearful odds
    For the ashes of his fathers
    And the temples of his Gods

Bike
    GSXR600K3
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneChucker
    April 1, Erotic Art Show at the Hilton. R18's only... hehehe, the mind only boggles at the thought of what goes on there.
    Never mind that, I'm interested in the BLACKBALLzUP and the horse plop

Thread Information