Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CDMTCI Manfeild Track Day, 19 April 2009

Bike
    2004 VTR1000 - GSXR600K7

Dont Tell Me

Hope i do not see you on a harley any time soon man Get a gsxr600 for this summers F2 racing man
    Bikes For Life "Misfit Racing"

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Tempting???? I am a virgin to track days!
    Do eeeeet man ! Ya don't have to get ya knee down !!! till after lunch !
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by DVS 69 View Post
    Hope i do not see you on a harley any time soon man Get a gsxr600 for this summers F2 racing man
    Don't be too surprised if ya do see me on a harley in the next few months mate hahaha but you might just see me on a 675 before then ! The 1050 is back on the road and slow again, just setting the 955 up for the track again now !
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by sinfull View Post
    I'm bringing the two bikes and a mates using one !
    Sort of hoping the tag/sticker ya get (that only allows you to ride in the class ya chose) will be on say ya helmet, as we will be swapping bikes, but he wont be going anywhere near the race class !
    Just cause the bike he's riding may have numbers on, don't mean he'll be riding at race pace, though sometimes your safer in that group (once ya get ya head around the fact they'll be going past at twice your pace and just stick to yr line)
    Sorry, but the stickers will be on the bike, not the helmet.

Duke Girl, the novice class is for track day novice riders to experience what it's like to ride on a race track, not for novice racers to get some low pressure track time. You may be better off going in the medium session and staying at the back. You are able to enter the novice sessions, however, if anyone entered in these sessions is seen carving up novice riders they will be spoken to by officials.

As for how many per session, it depends on how many bikes we have entered in each class - in the past there have sometimes been two medium sessions if there are too many to safely run in one. We won't know until the day how many will be sent out in each session as it depends on who and what turns up.

If you turn up with two bikes and want your mate to ride one, the bikes will be stickered for whatever session - this is to avoid multiple riders using one bike and going out in back-to-back sessions. So I would imagine if you choose to be in the medium or fast sessions, then both bikes would be in those sessions only, meaning one of you could NOT ride the bike in a fast session and the next rider immediately jump on and go out in a medium session.
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    Sorry, but the stickers will be on the bike, not the helmet.

Sall good, will just get him to go in the medium group and if he wants to jump on the track bike he'll have to handle the race guys flying past !
    Will go talk to the lads at the dummy grid first and organise it so it don't look like we doubling up, if he wants to do that later in the day !~
    Truth be known he'd prolly be quite happy with the one bike in the medium group i'd say !

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    HONDA CBR 250 RR, 2008 250 Kawasaki Ni.
    No chance of me carving up anyone in the novice class as I have only ridden this bike once before and all i am wanting to do is get use to riding it and use to riding it around a track as I intend next year to getting back racing after 20+ yrs out of the riders seat
    I know that if I was too fast in the novice class which I wont be that I would be put up to the medium class which I wouldn't have any problem with especially when the whole day is all about being a (Track Day and not a Race Meeting) on a Race Track and not about going out there and being a hendrence towards anyone else out there.

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    HOPEFULLY my buddies norton will be in ridable form this weekend, if so Ill be there, 55hp methnol drinking domination lol !!
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Fkn crack up. Most awkward interviewee ever i reckon haha.

Bike
    2008 BUELL 1125R
    Tempting???? I am a virgin to track days!
    come on mate,you will love it
    BALZY RULES US

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by prettybillie View Post
    I'm totally going to be there - I'm a slowbe so come pootle around with me.
    Pootle??? First lap maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by sinfull View Post
    Do eeeeet man ! Ya don't have to get ya knee down !!! till after lunch !
    What, like kneel down to kiss the ground or something?

Quote Originally Posted by chanceyy View Post
    you will love it all right ...
    Quote Originally Posted by BALZYBUELL View Post
    come on mate,you will love it
    That's what I'm afraid of! That and no insurance on the track.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    GSXR1000K2, 89 GSXR1100K
    Pootle??? First lap maybe!

What, like kneel down to kiss the ground or something?

That's what I'm afraid of! That and no insurance on the track.
    Go in the novice class, ride it like a new piece of road- learn the corners. Increase your cornering speed and brake later into the corners and you'll be hooked.
    Just take your time and you will be fine. (poet)
    It will take a few trackdays to build up your faith in the bike and develope your riding ability, so don't rush things, you'll love it.

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    I hope you're all out there getting your bikes ready for TOMORROW - yes, only one more sleep to go and the weather is looking great so there won't be any excuses for not coming along to have a go!
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    I'm leaving the Hutt at 7.00am. Who is keen to ride up then ?
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    I got work in the morning and will be there as soon as I can do the dodge. Hopefully there will be a spot left by the time I get there. Looking forward to it!

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Best place to stay in Hawkes Bay here

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    I'm leaving the Hutt at 7.00am. Who is keen to ride up then ?
    Some of us will be leaving the Shell/MacDs Parematta at 7am. First coffee of many for the day.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    Indian Scout

A beer never tasted better!

What a ripper track day. Even enjoyed the ride back down HW1 in such perfect weather conditions.
    That first cold Monteiths when I got home was just....bliss. Hard to imagine when a cold beer tasted better? Oh yeah after...

Way too many people turned up. A lot of worried faces in the long morning queue, but seems we all got on. Just a shame it created so many groups. The fast group was a bit chaotic at times, but that just seemed to add to the fun factor. All those bikes trying to squeeze into a turn.

Still the track was in good nick and I'm more than happy with the Daytona's performance today. With some miles under it's belt now the motor is stonking.

Thanks again to CDMCTC
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Thread Information