Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hampton Downs - Marshals Wanted

Bike
    Fleet of GSXR's

Hampton Downs - Marshals Wanted

Update: Requests for Marshals currently closed

We currently have a number of requests to process. Thank you for the responses. An email with more information will be coming out soon to those who have already contacted us.

With the track nearing completion and preparation for motorcycle events well underway, we're on the lookout for switched on individuals to act as flag marshals at our Hampton Downs Ride Days and the California Superbike School.

We'd like to hear from anyone, beginner to experienced, who can make themselves available for our events - in particular Thurs 29 Oct and Friday 30 Oct. Compensation provided (free track time anyone?)

Our calendar has events planned for weekends and weekdays, so please contact us regardless if you have an interest in getting involved.

Please send us a PM or email with a contact email address and phone number.

Questions welcome.

Regards,

Matt
    Hampton Downs Ride Days
    info@hamptondownsridedays.co.nz
    Last edited by HamptonDownsRideDays; 12th October 2009 at 07:36.

Bike
    Several
    Hi Matt,

good to see HDRD getting under way. Many here are looking forward to it.

I have a question or 2 which may be in the minds of many: Why is it, that every other track day company in NZ manages to provide marshals as part of the deal and yet HDRD, a commercially operated track day company who charge substantially more for a similar track day event than any other track day organiser, needs to ask for volunteer marshals ? It may help to get the company off the ground but is it a sustainable/reliable/safe way to run track day events at HD on an exclusive basis ? What happens if you don't get enough volunteers to cover an event ? Surely the track has a plan to employ marshals and surely there must be budget (given the day price and the cost of the track) to cover the cost and remain profitable.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort View Post
    Hi Matt,

good to see HDRD getting under way. Many here are looking forward to it.

I have a question or 2 which may be in the minds of many: Why is it, that every other track day company in NZ manages to provide marshals as part of the deal and yet HDRD, a commercially operated track day company who charge substantially more for a similar track day event than any other track day organiser, needs to ask for volunteer marshals ? It may help to get the company off the ground but is it a sustainable/reliable/safe way to run track day events at HD on an exclusive basis ? What happens if you don't get enough volunteers to cover an event ? Surely the track has a plan to employ marshals and surely there must be budget (given the day price and the cost of the track) to cover the cost and remain profitable.
    Mmmm, good post. The thought had breifly crossed my own mind.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by HamptonDownsRideDays View Post
    Compensation provided (free track time anyone?)
    might be a little typo.......england might not be to good??

but otherwise yeah I would agree.......what are we here free labour pool ?
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    Fleet of GSXR's
    Thank you for the questions.

We are not expecting something for nothing hence the ommitance of the word 'volunteer' from the original request.

Marshals at a Hampton Downs Ride Day will have the option of taking free track time, or a fee for their services.

We require a pool of marshals to pick from to ensure that all dates are covered. Not enough marshals = no ride day. Safety being the priority.

Thank you for all the emails and PM's, we will be in contact over the next few days to gauge availability.
    If you have sent us a PM and not provided an email address, please do so as soon as possible. Unfortunately we are unable to reply to PMs at this stage due to being a new user!

I noticed an error with the dates on the first post. The days were correct, but the dates wrong. They have now been amended.

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    might be a little typo.......england might not be to good??

but otherwise yeah I would agree.......what are we here free labour pool ?
    Farrrk i donno mate, sure the Mrs would flag for free track time (not that she rides the track, but she knows someone who does !!!)
    Wish we were closer !!! I could have my kids earn/think their birthday presents/would get bigger, if they learnt to flag marshall !! Bwahahahahaha
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    Thinking
    Well I signed up, hell why not if Im not riding always keen to give a hand.......Free track time and "other compensation" is always good for me

Bike
    A few
    Well I signed up, hell why not if Im not riding always keen to give a hand.......Free track time and "other compensation" is always good for me
    Well if ya ever build up more track time than you can cope with maaaaate !!! Orrrr if there are any two day events I'd be happy to alternate flag/bike with ya !!!
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by sinfull View Post
    Well if ya ever build up more track time than you can cope with maaaaate !!! Orrrr if there are any two day events I'd be happy to alternate flag/bike with ya !!!

yEAH BRO AND IT WONT BE WATER IN OUR cAMELpAKS EH MATE !!

Oops caps.....fuck it

Bike
    Several
    Thanks for the answer Matt. You already have my details.

Bike
    A few
    yEAH BRO AND IT WONT BE WATER IN OUR cAMELpAKS EH MATE !!

Oops caps.....fuck it
    Bwahahahaha yeah ok i was a tad under the weather hangover wise last week !
    But a New PB yesterday still hesitant (but no hangover) third time out on the new beasti has me thinking of giving up the piss (after this one) (for a while anyway, just till i'm ride fit) (not being one to give up all my vices in one hit) (i mean who'd do that shit)

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    Several
    Can I just add that having re-read my post above I think I used unintentionally negative language. I just wrote what was in my head at the time. It was not meant as negative statement towards HDRD. I can see now, that you are simply building up a new team and the events will be run in the best possible way. It was not my intention to imply otherwise and I apologise.

Bike
    Ducati 749 S
    Blog Entries
    I'm happy to volunteer, I need a day off work anyway! Details have been emailed!!

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Mmmmmm. I am chomping at the bit to try out the track.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    GSA & WR
    Looking forward to the opening of this awesome circuit. With my commitments to AMCC, ART, racing, mentoring, work and family (not necessarily in that order!) I would struggle to find time to be a flaggie.
    However looking forward to working with and using the circuit, hopefully in the not to distant future.
    Good luck with the ride days Matt.
    KG

Thread Information