Bike
    Assorted British
    Quote Originally Posted by insane1 View Post
    does a 650 burger qualify as a scooter.
    I think you'd probably class it as a scooter on steriods

Bike
    2020 BMW R1250R and 2011 C182T

Two wheelers

People need to remember that just because your bike has chain, belt or shaft drive it doesn't instantly make you a better person or rider. We have all seen fuckwits on the road be it motorcyclists or scooterists. It all about attitude - good or bad and neither camp has a monopoly to claim the moral high ground.

Yes some moped riders should be shot but then again there are a equal number "real riders" that should meet the same fate.

Not all scooterists are stereotypical.

Guarantee I'll wave to you before you to me - but thats me!

Bike
    Suzuki GSX1250FA, TGB 50cc moped
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubbsy View Post
    Okay, I'm a little confused....are scooter riders part of the biking fraternity or what? Couple of times in the last few days I have tried to be friendly to them, with them returning looks that can only be described as fearful.....or maybe that's just my overactive imagination.
    It really is your imagination... Lots of guys like me have several bikes, but we commute on a scooter.

Why wear the classic knucklehead or the modern jappa out going to the slave pit ?

Maybe the scooter rider thought - "gee I pay $77 a year rego, don't need a bike licence or a WOF, and with the Malosi kit on my 2-stroke moped I could waste that guy on the 250.. but he need a WOF.. he pays a fortune in rego.. and his chain is fucked... look away, pretend you don't care..."

At least, thats what I think.
    David must play fair with the other kids, even the idiots.

Bike
    Pillion
    Well having learned all the "things not to do when learning to ride " Im on a scooter getting me confidence back. I like to keep both hands on the handlebars so I brake properly

Bike
    1986 Honda GB 400F
    I got a nod from a biker coming the other way today. B:

Bike
    1995 Suzuki Volty (TU250)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davereid View Post
    ... Lots of guys like me have several bikes, but we commute on a scooter.

Why wear the classic knucklehead or the modern jappa out going to the slave pit ? ...
    Yeah my partner rides a two-wheeler with 1000cc for weekends and one with 180cc for commuting during the week. As far as I know it doesn't make him a different person when he rides each one, it's just a practical choice (and he seems to enjoy scootering just as much as riding his big bike).
    There is no such thing as bad weather; only inappropriate clothing!

Bike
    OK. Big generalisation here, there will always be exceptions including probably most of the present company...

The bulk of people seen riding scooters ride them to get around on the cheap. A to B kind of stuff. They don't wake up on a sunny morning and just have to go for a ride to nowhere particularly useful, although they might trundle off to the supermarket. They have never carved up a twisty road and probably don't even know what a line is. They are practical cunts who would probably prefer to drive a car if the budget allowed it, many wouldn't dream of owning anything bigger.

Most people who ride motorcycles are in it for the fun. Hoony kind of stuff. When it's all boiled down, their bikes serve no real purpose other than to provide enjoyment. They don't "need" them for transport although they might for release.

Some will fall into both categories but generally we're talking chalk and cheese. Completely different mindsets. Motorcyclists are perceived by people on scooters in much the same way as the average car driver.

I just ride around them like I ride around everything else.

Bike
    Gilera 180 , ,GB400/650 ,SV650
    I always wave on the open road on my scoot to bikes and all seem to nod or wave back.
    But when I overtake or catch up to big bikes on the twisties they get shitty dont know why

Bike
    CBR600F
    Quote Originally Posted by klingon View Post
    they often seem to be very studiously looking in the other direction and avoiding eye contact.
    It's their inferiority complex coming into play.
    "I's no' a bobike (motorbike) - i's a scooter!" - MsKABC's son, aged 2 years.

Bike
    2010 vfr 1200f
    big bikes seem to get annoyed when they see me catch them in the corners ,and cant seem to loose me .must be my burger on steriods time for more power.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by insane1 View Post
    must be my burger on steriods time for more power.
    Supercharger + NOS?
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    2010 vfr 1200f
    power commander new yoshi pipe tune it to run on avgas?.

Bike
    A big one
    It's reasonably easy to spot the difference between someone riding a scooter because it's cheap/shit/easier than the car/etc. and someone who is into bikes and happens to ride a scooter to work in the week.

If there's a chin on their helmet, they're worth waving/nodding at. If not..
    It's only when you take the piss out of a partially shaved wookie with an overactive 'me' gene and stapled on piss flaps that it becomes a problem.

Bike
    2006 HD FXDC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snuffles View Post
    They fucking not part of my biking fraternity

Fuckwits should get off the road and get a car or man up and buy a real bike.
    At the risk of getting shot down in flames - I agree...

Bike
    A big one
    Quote Originally Posted by rosie631 View Post
    At the risk of getting shot down in flames - I agree...
    In their defence, I don't think they'd WANT to be part of a cruiser type biking fraternity.
    It's only when you take the piss out of a partially shaved wookie with an overactive 'me' gene and stapled on piss flaps that it becomes a problem.

Thread Information