Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Bonnie ever?

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I require a drip tray now......
    Surely not.............................it's modern. Modern bikes aren't ment to leak.

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Surely not.............................it's modern. Modern bikes aren't ment to leak.
    Who said anything about his bike?

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Who said anything about his bike?
    Some have had wee oil leak issues Dave.
    http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-tech...-oil-leak.html
    Most should have been sorted under warrenty.

Bike
    All of them
    It's a joke joyce.

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    68-69.

Still lean, still a bit mean, not yet strangulated, still lithe. Still leaked oil, bits still fell off. Had brakes now.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    1966 Triumph TR6
    68 T120. The bike that started it all for me. Painted this one for my old boss not that long ago. And for the record,build em right and they dont leak oil!
    Rod
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 285.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	125427  

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    ...the T120V is a brilliant bike to ride!
    Mstriumphs T120V was fun, but I wouldn't have called it brilliant to ride.

She'd like a nice new one, that actually starts when the temp is over 30C, doesn't need continual fettling and doesn't try and take off at 100mph +!
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    When I decide (or circumstances decide for me) that I'm too old and doddery for the VFR then a Bonnie seems the likely replacement. The new one with the 17 inch wheels might be the go, if somebody actually makes modern rubber for it, and the smaller wheels don't reduce ground clearance too much...
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    When I decide (or circumstances decide for me) that I'm too old and doddery for the VFR then a Bonnie seems the likely replacement. The new one with the 17 inch wheels might be the go, if somebody actually makes modern rubber for it, and the smaller wheels don't reduce ground clearance too much...
    I like them. A fairly basic motorcycle when you get down to it. The change to 7/8 bars will give a greater selection of bars to choose from too. Like I can go down to my local two guys m/c shop and get them off the rack.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I am really keen to ride one as well but if I can get both my feet on the ground (not flat) then you know it is LOW. I am interested in cornering clearance also, though it isnt a "lean over till you scrape your elbow" style of bike.

the smaller wheels do make the motor look HUUUGE though.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries

Weird I was thinking the same. I've been bitching for modern sized wheels for the Bonnie for a while but alas I personally don't like the style they have chosen. OK I know they are a excellent copy of the cast 'Lester' wheels the 80's Bonnies came out with but I'd prefer a smooth, rounder look on the spokes. I'd either polish the heck out of the entire wheel or paint it all black.

They really should call me before releasing new models.......

I really really want to strip one down to basics - kind of hot rod.

Bike
    2006 Triumph Bonneville T100, RSV Mille
    I run Bridgestone BT 45s on my Bonnie. there's nothing wrong with them, or the dual compound Michelins as well.

All the naysayers haven't ridden a properly set up modern Bonnie. Tons of fun, with an old world feel.

This was my last Bonnie, and I would have my new one over the old any day. I've clocked up 83,000 km, most of them hard charging k's, all without the worry of whether I would reach my destination or not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Latestest 002.2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	126109   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Old Skool 03.1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	161.8 KB 
ID:	126110  

Bike
    Hodor
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiRat View Post
    I run Bridgestone BT 45s on my Bonnie. there's nothing wrong with them, or the dual compound Michelins as well.

All the naysayers haven't ridden a properly set up modern Bonnie. Tons of fun, with an old world feel.

This was my last Bonnie, and I would have my new one over the old any day. I've clocked up 83,000 km, most of them hard charging k's, all without the worry of whether I would reach my destination or not.
    The old one looks like a very adulterated silver jubilee.

Bike
    2006 Triumph Bonneville T100, RSV Mille
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    The old one looks like a very adulterated silver jubilee.
    '81 Electric Start. Never touted as a Silver Jubilee when I bought it at Universal Motorcycles back in '86. Had cast aluminium sidecovers though, which i always remember as being unusual.

The pipes were my attempt at a performance exhaust.

Bike
    So old you won't care
    For what its worth..... (sigh)..... not that anyone cares i guess..

Re bonnies.... First 'full' day of production was actually 5th of sept (my birthday, why I remember) 1958 (I was 2)..... This was for the 1959 sales year...

Several pre production bikes have possibly survived BUT always remember a bonnie was basically a T110 with a delta head. In theory, you could have purchased a bonnie earlier but it would have been a t110 with a delta head...

So technically, the bonnie is 51 this year on sept the 5th...

NOW..... Your starter for 10....

What OTHER famous motorcycle make also celebrates a 50th anniversary this year (2009) and what was it??????

Thread Information