Thread: Restricted Licence route - Mt Vic (Wgtn)

Bike
    2008 Yamaha Scorpio

Restricted Licence route - Mt Vic (Wgtn)

I just did my R test a few hours ago in Mt Vic.

All went well apart form a couple of minor mistakes - both of which I noticed myself do *doh!* - a wide left hander, and taking a bit too long to cancel my indicator. I passed, in any case! : The most difficult bit was removing my L-plate afterwards!

Nothing tricky - he told me to just ride, and not worry about him when selecting gaps, etc. We had a headset but one of the batteries died half way through, so he just told me where to go. Most of the time I was following a guy doing his restricted car test, so I had a bit of warning where to go (except the time when he told me to turn left just as I passed the street, so I guess I just missed out that part of the test).

The route was more or less what I've put in the horrendously long link below (google maps). We went round a couple of streets in Mt Vic, then did some u-turns, headed back down Pirie St (where the headset died), then went out through the tunnel, turned around at the Badminton club, back through the tunnel, around the Basin, and back up Pirie St.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...27637&t=h&z=15

Yay it's done!

Bike
    2008 Suzuki VL250 Intruder
    Congratulations!

Bike
    Fabled Vorpal VTR250 Of Doom
    yeah well done :)

I spose I should have a go at mine at some stage. I'm only like 2 years late. ahem.

Bike
    2011 Ducati 848
    Congrats!

Thanks for posting up the info - I'm stressing about sitting my restricted and it's still 3 months away

Bike
    2008, GSR600K

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by LardEmbargo View Post
    I spose I should have a go at mine at some stage. I'm only like 2 years late. ahem.
    Yeah go fot it, only took me 5 years!

Congratulations and well done Bezajel.
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Bike
    2008 Yamaha Scorpio Z
    Well done Bezajel!

I have a couple of months to go yet and am riding the same bike as you, also in Wellington.

Were you nervous? I fluffed my full licence in the UK cos of nerves which I am still annoyed at myself about (foot down on the U-turn). Am hoping NZ is a bit more laid-back.

Good for you anyway.

Bike
    2008 Yamaha Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbiewankenobi View Post
    Well done Bezajel!

I have a couple of months to go yet and am riding the same bike as you, also in Wellington.

Were you nervous? I fluffed my full licence in the UK cos of nerves which I am still annoyed at myself about (foot down on the U-turn). Am hoping NZ is a bit more laid-back.

Good for you anyway.

I was nervous beforehand, but got into the flow of it - only problem was I might not have been concentrating hard enough at times

Seems pretty relaxed here for the restricted anyways. As long as you ride safely.

Bike
    Suzuki SV650 S
    Yeh I found the same. I was pretty nervous before hand but once you are out on the road you calm down and get into the swing of things. The only issue I had was that I was advised after that I didn't go 'fast enough' - there was a really short bit of road that went upto 70kph and I stayed at 50.

Bike
    2008 Yamaha Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeqe2000 View Post
    Yeh I found the same. I was pretty nervous before hand but once you are out on the road you calm down and get into the swing of things. The only issue I had was that I was advised after that I didn't go 'fast enough' - there was a really short bit of road that went upto 70kph and I stayed at 50.
    There was enough traffic during mine that I probably only went up to 60 at the most in the 70 part because of how fast the rest of the traffic was going... But yeah I think common advice is not to go too slow... obviously they didn't fail you for that though!

Bike
    2008 Yamaha Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by LardEmbargo View Post
    yeah well done

Actually, the main reason I am pushing on to get my proper licence on the bike is that my car learner's runs out in 2013... so I want to get my bike licence out of hte way so I can get my car licence within that time

Also, nice not having the l-plate - I can feel all superior over the Scorpio's I see who still have one haha...

Thread Information