Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: The DR-Z400 thread

Bike
    DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by rigley View Post
    Just a quick question I have about the E onroad version, does it have a radiator fan?
    Nope...

is there anyone who makes a good light weight pannier rack system for the E version? Was thinking of fitting Wolfman Expedition series bags to them.
    The Wolfman racks are probably your best option for the Wolfman Expedition bags, the bags have clips that correspond to slots in the racks, much easier getting both together. The racks are a good price and are made from 4130

Bike
    DRZ400
    Quote Originally Posted by ADVGD View Post
    Nope...

The Wolfman racks are probably your best option for the Wolfman Expedition bags, the bags have clips that correspond to slots in the racks, much easier getting both together. The bags are a good price and are made from 4130
    Only one problem, they only do a side pannier rack for the S/SM model, I have the E with no rear sub frame/rear peg mounts?

Bike
    DRZ400E
    I thought I'd share an attempt at a 3X3 mod on a DRZ400 I saw on advrider. 10 out of 10 for giving it a go, but I think the chap missed the mark a little on this one

Bike
    DRZ400E
    Only one problem, they only do a side pannier rack for the S/SM model, I have the E with no rear sub frame/rear peg mounts?
    Most racks on the market are for S/SM subframes. You can use the Wolfman racks and mod your subframe, if you don't tig weld then your local engineer should only charge around $80 to bang on a lug each side to mount the lower frame arms to.

Extra lug for Wolfman racks. More info here DRZ400 build

Bike
    DRZ400
    I thought I'd share an attempt at a 3X3 mod on a DRZ400 I saw on advrider. 10 out of 10 for giving it a go, but I think the chap missed the mark a little on this one

Looks like a good place to put your pet Gerbil in

Bike
    DRZ400
    Most racks on the market are for S/SM subframes. You can use the Wolfman racks and mod your subframe, if you don't tig weld then your local engineer should only charge around $80 to bang on a lug each side to mount the lower frame arms to.

Extra lug for Wolfman racks. More info here DRZ400 build

Great, that was the info I was looking for.

Cheers

Bike
    DRZ 400
    Quote Originally Posted by topo View Post
    It's your sidestand cutout switch, either add a heavy spring or do what everyone else does and cut it out of the loom and join the wires together for happy motoring (use a bungey cord to hold the sidestand up on a test ride too check before making any changes).
    You may be right mate , just started the bike and stand is very wobbly . just a slight nudge with my foot and she cuts out . that's in first with the clutch in . so essentially what it could be doing when i hit some rough terrain or water is cutting and crash starting itself . will try sort the stand first and see how she goes .
    cheers

Bike
    01 DRZ400, 92 r100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by irsh View Post
    You may be right mate , just started the bike and stand is very wobbly . just a slight nudge with my foot and she cuts out . that's in first with the clutch in . so essentially what it could be doing when i hit some rough terrain or water is cutting and crash starting itself . will try sort the stand first and see how she goes .
    cheers
    Yip thats the problem alright then, if your new to the drz then i'd strongly recomend you get on thumpertalk and do the common fixes that are stickied.
    KiwiSafariTeam
    GO BRO GO

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Worse is a sticky stand.
    Go through a dip and the stand drops slightly. And stays dropped. Engine dies...

Cue muttering...

Bike
    91 R80GS
    My DRZ is back on the market again if anyone knows of anyone looking for one.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-604829231.htm
    In life as in dance Grace glides on blistered feet

Bike
    800XC
    you want a klr again , don't you?

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Crim View Post
    you want a klr again , don't you?
    No but I still love them. I actually want a lot of crap but also another lifetime to use it all.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Can anyone tell me where ventura pack rack brackets mount on a 2000 E model? Am thinking of buying some (the rack itself is the same as my ducati so easy for swapsies) but I seem to have a lot of stripped bolt holes in the rear subframe on mine so don't want to spend money if the mountings aint gonna work.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    2001 R1150GS

[
    I used these on the XR... worked bloody well and look the part to http://www.sportspro.co.nz/products/...nt-6-pack.aspx
    'Good things come to those who wait'
    Bollocks, get of your arse and go get it

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Thats not the usual 6 pack XR riders use to go faster Dino. i'm disappointed in you.

Thread Information