Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to race Buckets in Wellington?

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by TALLIS View Post
    Hey Guys,
    i brought a bucket to give it a go at easter! its got a loncin 150cc engine, went for a slide around the industral area today and i was thinking power output was crap...
    ok i know its a 150cc but will i be able to be sort of competitve? hoopefully its all about corner speed hahaha, just a change from the k6 1000
    Yeah, What Kendog says...

Once you get out there in the heat of a race it will all make sense...
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    NA.. the power will be too much for him, i reckon he should sell it asap and get a 50cc....
    You all know that noobs should start at the beginning.......

what a ride so far!!!!

Bike
    What day of the week?
    well the question had to be asked?! haha i'll just pray not to look like a cock.... not that praying has helped me out before! where the piss up after satrdays racing anyways? a least im good at that.

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    well the question had to be asked?! haha i'll just pray not to look like a cock.... not that praying has helped me out before! where the piss up after satrdays racing anyways? a least im good at that.
    Looking like a cock is reserved for me. Piss place will be decided on the day.

Bike
    What day of the week?
    Sounds good, another question.. so day licence and entry fee's all done on the morning of racing? dont need to send any this to MSNZ or anything?

Bike
    Goose
    Sounds good, another question.. so day licence and entry fee's all done on the morning of racing? dont need to send any this to MSNZ or anything?
    You will also need to be a member of a motorcycle club then you can rock up and purchase a day licence for the event.
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Bike
    Aprilia RSV4
    Club membership and day licence available on the day for the Easter event. see Skunk
    It's not what you ride but how you ride it!!

Bike
    What day of the week?
    So this weekend (sunday 17th) theres a meet at kaitoke, is it on rain or shine? and race number is just a pick and hope no one else turns up on the day with that number? ive had a look at the numbers thread. oh one more thing.. do you have to have nylon on the front wheel bolt sides? ahhh i know.. so many questions!!! don't wanna turn up and not race haha

Bike
    Hornet 900
    So this weekend (sunday 17th) theres a meet at kaitoke, is it on rain or shine? and race number is just a pick and hope no one else turns up on the day with that number? ive had a look at the numbers thread. oh one more thing.. do you have to have nylon on the front wheel bolt sides? ahhh i know.. so many questions!!! don't wanna turn up and not race haha
    Yep, rain or shine there is racing.
    Have a look at the results for the first three rounds for bike numbers being used
    http://bucketracing.co.nz/results.php?pg=results
    If in doubt, nylon it. Have you put you bike on it's side to check what touches the ground?

Bike
    What day of the week?
    i'll lye it down tonight a have a look, probably should cover the bike in bubble wrap it'l be good to put face's to names down there!

Bike
    Several
    do you have to have nylon on the front wheel bolt sides?
    Yes, or have nylon nearby on the forks as they WILL hit the ground WHEN you crash.
    I used a lathe to drill and tap an M6 thread into the ends of the axles and put nylon bobbins on from there. They don't need to stick out heaps.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    CBR 150.RGV250 Bucket
    Blog Entries
    Take care with nyloning, sticky out bits never expectd to touch down in a crash can and the track owners are not amused when it happens.

It's worth making sure that bolt heads etc. are recessed into the nylon.

Sorry to make life hard.
    Life is a lesson-if I bother to listen

Bike
    Suzuki AX100 Bucket racer

Easter weekend

Hey all,
    Can anyone tell me what is required for the upcoming easter weekend? What is needed to race in the form of licences and what not? What needs to be organised before and what can be organised on the day? Thanks.........and (almost forgot) I need to find a front brake master cylinder for my AX100,the one ive got on the bike leaks fluid and is no good.Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks again
    If in doubt.............SIDEWAYS!!!!!!!!!!

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Have a look on the easter thread. You need to belong to a MNZ affiliated club, like Vic & can get day licences I believe. Contact Skunk. Bike will need to be nyloned on any contact areas for a crash & have folding pegs & usual race bike stuff (see MNZ site for those rules) & other threads for Nylon ideas.

Wrecker or Trademe for a master cylinder, I thought AX were so old had cable brakes, but never paid much attn, you can get rebuild kits for them, ask at a bike shop. Or just buy another one with the same size. Will be written on it underneathish in metal & say something like 1/2 which is the bore size, 1/2" or 11 which is 11mm.

could risk something like this but it will be Chinese & no idea of quality.
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-367215584.htm
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan/rossi View Post
    Hey all,
    Can anyone tell me what is required for the upcoming easter weekend? What is needed to race in the form of licences and what not? What needs to be organised before and what can be organised on the day? Thanks.........and (almost forgot) I need to find a front brake master cylinder for my AX100,the one ive got on the bike leaks fluid and is no good.Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks again
    Did you buy your AX from Dave? If so did it have a little round pot master cylinder, a "Brembo" one? If so get hold of Bert, he may have one you can buy from him.

Thread Information