Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucket sidecars?

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750

Thumbs up Bucket sidecars?

anyone building one or going to rekick the class of?

A few other projects left to go before I get back on to it; but I am keen. I actually have a proper workshop to use now too. http://www.fsae.co.nz (The one belonging to this fine team)

If anybody knows anyone with some super kart (6" dia) wheels around give me a yell.

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    dont want to wast my time fixing the old girl up if its not going to happen again

Bike
    none at moment
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy man View Post
    dont want to wast my time fixing the old girl up if its not going to happen again
    Been running one at Mt Welly on practice days and have just picked up Speedpros old one from Wellington so we'll need some competition for that. Couple of others complete and able to run up here in Auckland

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    cool .l remember Speedpros old one ( centre hub steering ) had some good racing at the gp in 1999-2000 still have the 1999 race on video

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Just where to run it is the question. We run two bucket classes on Kart days (which is overwhelming majority) so don't expect to run sidecars at Wellington. Maybe if you are prepared to do Pacific days they might. . .
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    none at moment

Cool

cool .l remember Speedpros old one ( centre hub steering ) had some good racing at the gp in 1999-2000 still have the 1999 race on video
    Hi crazy man, be keen on a copy of the video if that's possible. Just need to give the sidecar a good tidy up and away we go.

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Just where to run it is the question. We run two bucket classes on Kart days (which is overwhelming majority) so don't expect to run sidecars at Wellington. Maybe if you are prepared to do Pacific days they might. . .
    your in the sprit of bucket racing lol

Bike
    none at moment
    That reminds me of something that happened when i picked up sidecar on friday, since the kart track was just up the road we decided to go and have a look at it. Were meet at the gate by a chap in a red BMW who's first comment was ''your not running that on our track'' such a friendly person, it was pointed out to him that we had only stopped to see what the track looked like as i raced karts but had never been down here before. He probably wouldn't want my gearbox kart on his track either, to many sharp pieces on it to damage his track if i flipped it.

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    Hi crazy man, be keen on a copy of the video if that's possible. Just need to give the sidecar a good tidy up and away we go.
    Hi just pm me your address and will send you a copy . did you race back then ?

Bike
    none at moment
    Hi just pm me your address and will send you a copy . did you race back then ?
    Sweet will pm you latter tonite, was racing karts back then also had a vintage sprintcar and a vintage tq. Raced bucket sidecar and a bike in the early nineties.

Bike
    Rg50 Fxr's150
    Blog Entries
    Hi crazy man. I swung for speedpro for those years. The gearing was short at the GP,so we pulled massive revs for the hole straight but the MB motor hung together. Very nice chair. So easy to swing on. Could I get a copy of the video or could you post it on here.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigglebutton View Post
    The gearing was short at the GP,so we pulled massive revs for the hole straight but the MB motor hung together.
    Next meeting though the big end seized. It actually blued the crank wheels next to the pin.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    your in the sprit of bucket racing lol
    Hey its not my track, or my club, I'm just pointing that out, We are there by thier invitation, and grateful we are for the two slots (one if there aren't enough buckets) every session.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Hey its not my track, or my club, I'm just pointing that out, We are there by thier invitation, and grateful we are for the two slots (one if there aren't enough buckets) every session.
    You know if Vic club running anymore bucket meeting this year?

Thread Information