Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Winter drags 2009

Bike
    06 ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by mugins View Post
    Whats the weather like down south ? Fat Rat
    Sorry I couldn't respond to you earlier when required CHAMP......what a bitch it was cancelled, if only it was last weekend instead!!

You are right Pocketcracker that the Fram web site should have more info available, and it is an issue we are addressing in the near future.

Once you become a "regular" you get to know which events you can/can't compete in.

Anyone feel free to pm me to ask any drag racing questions (like can a bike race at the fathers day drags) and i will try to help as best as possible......

Bike
    06 ZX14
    [QUOTE=pocketcracker;1129379056]

Just a suggestion maybe update the fram site and add information such as that the bikes can't run ect, as we have guys travelling 400 odd kms to the track to race and find CANT might have a few pissed off blokes ..

QUOTE]

You wouldn't get to race, but at least you would have an enjoyable 400 odd km ride (better than watching paint dry I'm sure)......Imagine how pissed off some of our regular racers feel when they tow their race cars up to the track from Invercargill/Christchurch (remember to include tow vechile fuel/ ferry crossing cost/food etc) and the meeting is rained out and they dont even get to start their car up!!

Bike
    07 ZXXR 10R !
    Yea agreed , Not your fault Just had a feeling was gonna get rainned out so was looking forward to FATHERSDAY ! .. Oh well im making a BIG push to hold a drags meet up here in whangarei once agian I req 10,000 Signatures and a suitable venue Dosent sound to hard .. Will only b a 1 day event thingy but still sum fun.

Will pm ya all info i can get makes me more powerful agiant the mighty fire breathing Maunder machine HEHEHEHE

As for the 0800 drag race .. MMMMMMM nice to hear its canceled as ya tucked up warm in bed ..
    Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them so much

2 Wheeled Services.
    Supporting
    The Norfland Crew ©.

Bike
    3 ornaments
    The old port road drags finished in the early 90s from memory
    wernt to many bikes running tho

Bike
    07 ZXXR 10R !
    Yea i attended a few of them most of which i was just a whipper snapper watchign the big boyz ..

then had a little play when they had the drags at the upper end out side the stadium heading back into town .. at that stage my gs1000 was to much for the other boys was so prowed. Now i blow it away in 1st gear LOL ! ..

seems not so easy after all to get consent.. gotta have 3 board members of the whg rod club on side and have a confirmed particpation Log b4 will consider closing said stretch of road ..

thats the problem WHERE ! .. long and stright and less bumpy enough with adiquite run off ..

2 Wheeled Services.
    Supporting
    The Norfland Crew ©.

Bike
    07 gxsr1000
    Yes l use to race also at the port road drags it was great fun.As for drags up here hold ya horses and watch this space.Happening soon just have to check to see if we can run the bikes!! Abit pissed about the weekends weather always better to win on the track not because finals rained out again. butt wait just had the phone call.road 1/4 mile sprint will be on at Waipu Sunday 20th and yes we can run the bikes.

We raced there acouple of years ago in the pissing down rain Dmntd ran his zx10.We where still spinning when we crossed the finsh line with 260km/h showing on the speedo Shit it was funny.still bet the 4wheel drives ,didnt think they would let us run after that.
    I WISH THE REAL WORLD WOULD JUST STOP HASSLING ME !!!

Bike
    07 ZXXR 10R !
    Mint .. roll on the 20th .. ill start my fyn day dance now !

2 Wheeled Services.
    Supporting
    The Norfland Crew ©.

Thread Information