Page 1083 of 1524 FirstFirst ... 835839831033107310811082108310841085109311331183 ... LastLast
Results 16,231 to 16,245 of 22859

Thread: Tag o rama!

Bike
    2010 Suzuki GSX650F
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    ok here one for ya kl.....fastest tag sketchy 5 minutes!
    that's gonna take some beating, but I like a challenge

Bike
    2009 Triumph Thunderbird

New Tag

Here is the new one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pool Tables.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	812.4 KB 
ID:	229624  
    I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leber View Post
    Here is the new one
    easy one

Bike
    proposed solution

keep the existing stats. some have worked very hard to get where they are on the table.

below the existing spreadsheet set an identical sheet to be reset annually. ie/ a tagger of the year award

if you wanted to go a step further, another could be included below this to be reset monthly, for a tagger of the month award.

IMO it would be very sad to burn all the data that has taken this long to collect.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackstig View Post
    proposed solution

keep the existing stats. some have worked very hard to get where they are on the table.

below the existing spreadsheet set an identical sheet to be reset annually. ie/ a tagger of the year award

if you wanted to go a step further, another could be included below this to be reset monthly, for a tagger of the month award.

IMO it would be very sad to burn all the data that has taken this long to collect.
    i could prolly figure out quite easily to have a rolling monthly and yearly statistics sheet but i have a sneaking suspicion that the names at the top will generally be the same as they are now.....
    I can also remove the stats sheet from public view and give the link only to people that are interested in it?

Bike
    Triumph
    Pool Tables J/Ville community centre

Name:	S6303659.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	229641  

Bike
    Triumph
    The New One ( slightly off road )

Name:	S6303661.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	177.3 KB 
ID:	229643  

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    Hi guys and gals,
    I wonder if its worth a discussion on starting the tag count from zero seen we have new players and to get the enthusiasm and some competition going again.

After talking to some potential new players, looked, liked what they saw and once they saw the King taggers (DEVO)score. They say "F@%K that's good, oh nah that will be impossible to get if I start now!" They ask how long did it take to get your score and when I say a year they say forget it.

Could we make a reset date of say the first of Jan to cover the new players and recent increased activity of the game or reset from 1st Feb. What do you think???
    Quote Originally Posted by devo View Post
    Personally speaking I have no problem with what you suggest, however if future players are put of by the scores, then they are playing the game for the wrong reason.
    To me, the fun of the game is the ride to get it, being first is just a bonus so as you get to place the noo one, not to just bump your score.
    I would play just the same if there was no scoreboard at all.
    I do agree with you that and I may have very well put the guys off pointing out the stat/score sheet attached to the game. When I first started playing I didn't know there was a stat sheet attached till a month later by then it was too late for me I was fully addicted.
    As for me the stat/score sheet is a great enhancement to the game and it touches on my mild competitiveness but its still about getting on the bike and getting out for a ride in locations I may not otherwise go..
    do we nuke the stats sheet altogether then?.I must admit it is an incentive for me now but at the beginning of the game it was all about getting the tag regardless....and the other aspects of the stats are interesting to me(some we dont keep anymore)I would like to hear the views of the newer guys....do we keep stats only for a month?I think some of the original players had views on this too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwh View Post
    It's never been about the scores for me ... mostly because they're way out of reach. But it's nice to be able to look back at the stats. The map is more important, though. Pity I'm a google hater

Richard
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
    As a new player I think it's a good idea to reset the score every year I suppose. Imagine what the scores will be for the top three this time next year otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by KapitiLizard View Post
    Perhaps just a single stat like the grand total might put off some people, but for others it may be the motivation. For me when I started it was just the fun of the game, and then I set some personal goals such as reaching 25, 50, 100 etc

If people want stats then I am sure we could come up with loads of different ones (assuming that the statistician doesn't have a heart attack), such as fastest tag, most tags in a day, most tags in a month, most group tags, largest group, etc

Keeping the game fresh is good so if it takes a change or 2 to keep people interested or bring in new players then I am all in favour
    Quote Originally Posted by spacemonkey View Post
    Annual reset on the anniversary?
    Sounds good to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by spacemonkey View Post
    Although I do admit I tend to come out of hibernation usually after I've been looking at the stat's sheet.

Damn KGB coming out of retirement just as I though I had him beat and was looking at who I was gonna pass next. *shakes fist*
    Quote Originally Posted by devo View Post
    And that is a very good point
    Thinking about it on my rides tonite, killing the scores could in fact kill some of the incentives in the game resulting in the opposite effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackstig View Post
    proposed solution

i could prolly figure out quite easily to have a rolling monthly and yearly statistics sheet but i have a sneaking suspicion that the names at the top will generally be the same as they are now.....
    I can also remove the stats sheet from public view and give the link only to people that are interested in it?
    Some interesting comments there. The motivation for the playing of the game is different for us all. Sometimes it's about the ride, the unusual tag, the place on the scoreboard and individual competitions i.e sm and kgb.

I would hate to see all the history lost but an anniversary count reset while retaining a separate link to the running Grand Total. New players would then have a target for monthly/yearly top score and us old dinosaurs could keep trying to get to the lofty heights of the masters.

My vote ( didn't know there was a poll didya ) is retain the master sheet and add an annual sheet with a reset from Tag #1 anniversary date.

...and I'm only 6 behind Leber

Bike
    dei imperiale donna
    i say keep the stat sheet. No one should let that put them off joining in. As Devo says - its all about getting out there and getting a tag, and after they first one, its impossible to fight the addiction.
    I too am pretty competitive and like to keep tags (lol) on the position of my arch enemy - the gay KGB

Bike
    2 black ones..black is alway's good
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy Snr View Post
    The New One ( slightly off road )
    Can't believe this one has lasted this long. Thought it would be picked up instantly!
    I'm only wearing black until they develop something darker

We came, We listened, And in one voice we answered
    BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!!

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Can't believe this one has lasted this long. Thought it would be picked up instantly!
    I could catch a train down and get it, but it's often the easy ones that sit the longest while people do other stuff.

Bike
    2009 Triumph Thunderbird

Tagged

1 Willowbank Rd, end of Takapu Road Station platform.

Name:	Picture 025.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	883.2 KB 
ID:	229659  
    I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    damn was just about to go out and get that one,been out looking at little trailers

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    damn was just about to go out and get that one,been out looking at little trailers
    For bmtroubleyou transport or towing with ?

Bike
    2009 Triumph Thunderbird

New Tag

Here is the new one, nice and easy

Name:	Picture 028.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	418.5 KB 
ID:	229660  

Thread Information