Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Tag-o-rama (Auckland)

Bike
    Giant Reign X1
    Cheeky Ol Grey Lynn - took a bit of hunting. Narrowed down the area, but had to hunt all around the boarder of the park to find it. :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tag-o-rama grey lynn.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	340.2 KB 
ID:	139836  

Bike
    POS 750cc+ bike, Suzuki DRZ400
    yep. That be Grey Lynn park. Good find.

Next tag when?
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single motorcycle

Click here for: - Changing Dyslexia, Depression, Anxiety, Trauma, Phobia's, Allergies etc

Bike
    Tyre Shredder

New tag up.

Shouldn't be too hard for some east coast bays types. Even the moped brigade can go get it, keep it suburban for a while.

Bike
    Nothing :(
    Blog Entries
    Is there a more up to date tag o rama for auckland ?
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    Mine
    This one died a natural death last June.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/group.php?groupid=107

Feel free to try and resurrect it.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Nothing :(
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    This one died a natural death last June.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/group.php?groupid=107

Feel free to try and resurrect it.
    Know where that is. Reckon I could just start a fresh thread starting with finding that tag then putting the new one?
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    1998 Suzuki Marauder GZ250
    Iv been wondering if there was a Auckland tag-o-rama, Iv been playing a global one on another forum. Its pretty neat, get to see alot of out of the way places in different countries. Id say just carry on with the one thats already there, Im prety sure I know where it is too, but I wont be able to get there for a few days. :/

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Just wondering if this can be resuscitated???

Going to suggest sticking to the Auckland Council area to start with... also, a tag which can be accessed by any type of bike...

Well going to give it a go, here's a starter...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tag01.jpeg 
Views:	41 
Size:	290.3 KB 
ID:	318811  

Bike
    '08 Wee
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Just wondering if this can be resuscitated???

Going to suggest sticking to the Auckland Council area to start with... also, a tag which can be accessed by any type of bike...

Well going to give it a go, here's a starter...
    I think I have worked out where that is, now should I skive off work early to try and get it?

Bike
    '08 Wee
    Is this close enough? Next tag should be up tomorrow or Monday if that is fine, given the old Auckland city council limitation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160116_170655.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	784.7 KB 
ID:	318867

Bike
    Mine
    How about the location be put into the post of a found tag? I haven't a clue where this is.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by rambaldi View Post
    Is this close enough? Next tag should be up tomorrow or Monday if that is fine, given the old Auckland city council limitation.
    That's fine by me. I wasn't thinking of the old Auckland City Council area, rather the new Auckland Council area [supercity boundaries]

Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    How about the location be put into the post of a found tag? I haven't a clue where this is.
    Outside Eden Park on Walters Road

Not sure if this will work - fingers crossed - https://www.google.co.nz/maps/@-36.8...7i13312!8i6656

Well it did... I am surprised...

An afterthought - as Auckland Council area is as large as it is, might be worth giving an area such as the old council areas before supercity days...
    Last edited by Moi; 16th January 2016 at 21:14. Reason: Surprised myself and an after thought...

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Outside Eden Park on Walters Road
    Thanks. I was trying to think where a Rugby statue would be in Auckland. Pretty obvious now that you mention it.

Bike
    '08 Wee
    Sorry this took a little longer than expected. I didn't think my bike was up to fording the motorway home yesterday, in what ended up as a pretty nothing storm at least when I would have been travelling.

Turns out, rather than having the rest of today for the next person to grab, I couldn't even get the spot I wanted so this will have to do:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160119_102103.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	858.6 KB 
ID:	318948

Bike
    That's quite topical...

Let's see if any one else can get it in the next few days...

Thread Information