Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie wants bike advice help

Bike
    big minton

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by doncarlos View Post
    hey there
    i have jus got my licence and am looking 4 a 250 4stroke can sum one send me in the right direction.im a shorty at 170cm as well
    thanx
    Welcome! I'm 170cm tall.Can sit on a 900Hornet with feet flat on the ground.
    I have a CBR150 perfect first bike for me.
    If you're a "shorty" new to bikes....maybe a naked bike is best. Fairings are expensive to fix

Good luck!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 325rocket View Post
    Isn't it a rectum stretching pain in the ring piece when the mrs wants to slip in a digit and wont use lube
    Quote Originally Posted by gatch View Post
    I don't need pills to make me blow massive loads
    Cold Kiwi

Everyone loves duck sauce, is the amazing or is this amazing?!

Bike
    '92 Kawasaki ZXR250C
    170cm isn't short, bike-wise. When it comes to buying ANY bike, the golden rule is browse, and browse, and when you're finished browsing, buy whatever you impulsively feel the strongest attraction to at the best price because at the end of the day, a first bike is like your first proper girlfriend... you'll do 99% of your learning how to ride, you'll waste a huge ammount of money on it trying to make it into something it's not, then you'll ride it until it breaks and the whole time you're doing this you'll be thinking of something that goes harder and faster. Whatever that something turns out to be, you'll have developed such a deep seeded desire to obtain the beast that your only issue will be how to find the funds to make her yours. In the mean time try to keep the paint up and the rubber down (for resale value if nothing else), and don't buy a Hyosung.

Good luck.
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death" - Hunter S. Thompson

Bike
    big minton
    Quote Originally Posted by NDORFN View Post
    170cm isn't short, bike-wise. When it comes to buying ANY bike, the golden rule is browse, and browse, and when you're finished browsing, buy whatever you impulsively feel the strongest attraction to at the best price because at the end of the day, a first bike is like your first proper girlfriend... you'll do 99% of your learning how to ride, you'll waste a huge ammount of money on it trying to make it into something it's not, then you'll ride it until it breaks and the whole time you're doing this you'll be thinking of something that goes harder and faster. Whatever that something turns out to be, you'll have developed such a deep seeded desire to obtain the beast that your only issue will be how to find the funds to make her yours. In the mean time try to keep the paint up and the rubber down (for resale value if nothing else), and don't buy a Hyosung.

Good luck.
    Or boyfriend.... Thats horrible
    Quote Originally Posted by 325rocket View Post
    Isn't it a rectum stretching pain in the ring piece when the mrs wants to slip in a digit and wont use lube
    Quote Originally Posted by gatch View Post
    I don't need pills to make me blow massive loads
    Cold Kiwi

Everyone loves duck sauce, is the amazing or is this amazing?!

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Blog Entries
    And don't forget there are plenty of enthusiastic AND knowledgeable KBers that can go with you and help you make a decision
    Ride Safe . . . . SixftFive

Bike
    07 ZX6
    Quote Originally Posted by doncarlos View Post
    hey there
    i have jus got my licence and am looking 4 a 250 4stroke can sum one send me in the right direction.im a shorty at 170cm as well
    thanx

Kawasaki ninja 250!

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Quote Originally Posted by LaytonNZ View Post
    Kawasaki ninja 250!
    Na dont get one of those, I heard the brakes on them suddenly fail when people pull out in front of you, youre gonna want a bike with brakes that work when ya need them to...

Bike
    07 ZX6
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    Na dont get one of those, I heard the brakes on them suddenly fail when people pull out in front of you, youre gonna want a bike with brakes that work when ya need them to...
    haha, i didnt even have time to use them

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard mate,

As with the others, shop, shop and shop again. Keep trawling KB because you will get some great advise from these guys n gals, a real freindly bunch who certainly helped me out in the early days and continue to do so

Stay safe and enjoy....

Thread Information