Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Questions on practicalities

Bike
    Boulevard, Ducati.

Thumbs up This is what he should be looking at...

Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Oh, and for the type of riding you are contemplating, something like a scooter would be ideal. but do it properly, get a motorbike licence, and get one that is >50cc. I would like a Vespa or something myself.
    TA DAAAA

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=96571

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries
    I have to say I do most of my riding for pleasure, rather than a daily commute. Having said that, I tend to ride to work 2 or 3 times a week.

I wear smart casual to work. I wear my "safety gear" over my clothes. I got a set of bike boots that look semi dressy. Ocassioanlly I take a more formal pair of shows in with me.

I also have a laptop, and got a laptop backpack to allow me to take it with me every day. I put in anything extra I need into that same bag.

I ride if the weather is a little bad, but drive if it is really had or their are high winds. As I say, I ride for pleasure, rather than to save money.

Bike
    XV 535
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crash harry View Post
    You get to stay in bed 5 minutes longer,
    WHAT? only 5? haha if i had a car or took the bus i'd have to get up about an hour earlier. Mind you i work on Shortland street, the road not the show. in the CBD and i'd be coming from Greenlane so yea it only takes me 15 mins to get in.

Back on topic tho, i wear my gloves helmet jacket and boots everyday, riding pants only if its going to rain. I keep my work shoes in my drawer and my jacket fits nicely over a business shirt and i dont usually wear a blazer even tho my workmates usually do. But yea its easy peasy japaneesy.

If you dont have the option to leave stuff at home get a "house bag".

its a bag that can fit heaps in it, and put ur shoes in a plastic bag inside that one. Problem solved
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    you dont get 180+ hp out of 998cc by being nice to trees.

Bike
    big minton

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MiguelWrang View Post
    Hi everyone,

Im really considering learning to ride but there are a few things holding me back and I'd like to hear if a bike is really practical for me. The main concerns I have are:

If you ride into work how do you manage to wear both your work clothes and the bike gear as well? like I have to wear a suit for work, so is it just a point of putting on the jacket, pants, boots and gloves over it? How does this work in the summer? Or do you guys carry a change of clothes into work?

How do you guys find riding in the rain?

How much safety gear is enough?

Thanks for the help
    Maybe you should just take a car to work if you have to wear a suit....but if you're real keen on bikes you'd just change at work lol
    I put my gear over what I wear for the day.

Rain? If you have the right gear its just as fun!

Gear? All the gear all the time....you never know what will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by 325rocket View Post
    Isn't it a rectum stretching pain in the ring piece when the mrs wants to slip in a digit and wont use lube
    Quote Originally Posted by gatch View Post
    I don't need pills to make me blow massive loads
    Cold Kiwi

Everyone loves duck sauce, is the amazing or is this amazing?!

Thread Information