Page 237 of 534 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 7996

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries

This Sunday's ride.

I'm going to do this MSAC ride on Sunday. Is anyone else interested? Appears the route is Kopu-Whangamata- Waihi-Paeroa-Thames circle. Will pass through Hamilton about 9.30/10ish.

Herald report
    "Heavy rain is forecast for parts of the Bay of Plenty and central North Island today with up to 130mm possible in some areas in the next 24 hours.
    But the downpour should be the last for at least the next 10 days."

Depending on the weather, I might divert to Papanui and nail the Tagarama Tag, if it's still current, and I'm not riding with a group.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Turns out i can get my full from Tuesday. Earliest time available is end of the month though

Give me some time to save the money i guess.

Bike
    2005 R6
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Turns out i can get my full from Tuesday.
    Jealous!!! I still have 8 months... and that's if I do defensive.
    I worry about going through a checkpoint of these guys every single time I ride. Have you decided whats gunna be the first thou you take for a test ride yet??

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by bi-winning View Post
    I worry about going through a checkpoint of these guys every single time I ride. Have you decided whats gunna be the first thou you take for a test ride yet??
    Only bikes i really would like to try are the Truiumph 675 and Ducati 996/998.

Anything else i am not too fussed over. But considering my current financial situation it will be a long time before i actually get a big bike (400 is safe enough to learn on i reckon so not exactly a 'big bike').

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Only bikes i really would like to try are the Truiumph 675 and Ducati 996/998.

Anything else i am not too fussed over. But considering my current financial situation it will be a long time before i actually get a big bike (400 is safe enough to learn on i reckon so not exactly a 'big bike').
    I think everyone has to at least have a blat on a Duc once in their life. I think Brooke would be pissed at me if I took one for a ride before her though!

I'd love to take the Beemer thou for a ride but never gotten around to it. Every other thou I've riden has been disappointing compared with the Daytona. Too much of a great all rounder.

Bike
    he's back !!!
    On my last visit to the Doctors ( Boyd Motorcycles ) they just so happened to have the Suzuki demo range onhand scooter needed tyres so it was going to be awhile after sales bent me arm to take at least one for a spin started with the busa & worked my way down to the 750 worked out a nice 60km loop, awesome way to spend a morning at the doctors whilst waiting for new tyres to be fitted
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    Sportster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia01 View Post
    awesome way to spend a morning at the doctors whilst waiting for new tyres to be fitted
    Crap job, but someone's gotta do it aye!

Bike
    VTX

Talking yessss i have the vtx back

well i got my wheels back last week its been 8 weeks for repairs had to wait for some parts from jap land a bit slow after all the shakin and water they had
    The bike has a set of vance and hines pipes now sounds great but can be a bit tempramental to start may need a bit more tuning by doctor

awa355 are you still doin the ride on sunday would be interested witch way are you going after hamilton gordenton or morrinsville what time i live out taupiri way if you give a time i will try to meet you there
    Some people are like Slinky’s. Pretty much useless but make you smile when you push them down the stairs

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14 05 3.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	275.8 KB 
ID:	238876Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14 05 2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	448.6 KB 
ID:	238877 We reckoned the weather will be crap on Sunday, so Phil and I went for a run today around Tauranga, Waihi, Paeroa. A bit of rain over the Kaimais but good elsewhere.

A couple of pics, the bikes and a REAL mans longdrop. We stopped off to view the mine at Waihi.

I'd love to go but cant afford to have two days out. Unless I win lotto tonight.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    2007, Kawasaki, ZX-6R
    Turns out i can get my full from Tuesday. Earliest time available is end of the month though

Give me some time to save the money i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by bi-winning View Post
    This made me look at my licence and work out that Ive had my full for 1year 5days
    Did my first of four defensive driving classes last night
    bi-winning: Did you do your restricted licencing at Huntly or Hamilton?
    Sil3nt: Where have you booked your test in for?

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeTehMuss View Post
    This made me look at my licence and work out that Ive had my full for 1year 5days
    Did my first of four defensive driving classes last night
    Sil3nt: Where have you booked your test in for?
    I haven't booked yet. Backed into the flatmates car so have to see what that is going to cost to fix. No damage to her car but i can't even open the door to mine

Most likely do it at 5 cross roads. Was thinking about Huntly but they have stupid roads around there

Bike
    2005 R6
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeTehMuss View Post
    I done mine in Huntly... To be honest, I couldn't think of anywhere easier. Apart from the main road, there are absolutely NO hazards in Huntly during the day, it might as well be a desert town. But I'm sure the Full Test would be easy in Hamilton too? but if your looking for somewhere easy, Huntly could be where its at... The guy who tested me only done a half ass test because a) his wireless headphone batteries were flat, b) he said it looked like I could ride ok and that same testing guy is still there at the moment, I saw him yesterday.

@sil3nt - They may be stupid(no they arnt haha), but atleast they be empty
    Last edited by bi-winning; 31st May 2011 at 08:34. Reason: To get rid of that average map

Bike
    SF
    Hitcher!!!

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Clubhouse talk on Wednesday was maybe a wee pootle on Sunday - somewhere between 150-200kms max. If anyone interested? leaving Kingsgate Hotel Hamilton carpark 11.00 am. (providing Trina's bike is back from being serviced and warrented). A cruisey Sunday afternoon ride with the mandatory coffee break in the middle. Destination to be confirmed on the day!!

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Sportster
    Blog Entries
    17th wedding anniversary this weekend - I am out.

Thread Information