Page 4 of 534 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    Daytona 675
    I'd have to agree with you on the type of road though..

I love lots of tight technical corners, sweepers, Camber changes, undulations, drop offs and a minimum straights

Bike
    yamaha FZR-R EXUP, 1989
    Hey, i was planing on going this sort of way sometime saturday, anyone keen.

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    Try Ouruwhero Road from Otorohanga to Te Awamutu via Pokuru if you want something more interesting...watch the humpback bridge just south of Te Awamutu - I took it a little faster than usual this morning, stood up on the pegs as I went over and just about rotated forward over the handlebars...added interest to the ride...
    Yeah do that road a bit. There's some country roads off it that are pretty cool. I used to peddle them when I was a young(er) lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazm View Post
    Does anybody get a bit unsettled riding down narrow backcountry sealed roads with no road markings on it ?
    kinda

Quote Originally Posted by HACHET View Post
    any road is good in fact the knarlier the better lots of tight corners blind crests long fast corners all good fun (im easy)
    A lot of real tight corners piss me off. Up's and downs and good flowing shit is where I'm at. Where you can get your groove on and dance with the lady

Bike
    08 R1
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ckai View Post
    Yeah do that road a bit. There's some country roads off it that are pretty cool. I used to peddle them when I was a young(er) lad.

kinda

A lot of real tight corners piss me off. Up's and downs and good flowing shit is where I'm at. Where you can get your groove on and dance with the lady
    im impressed that you can dance while riding what sort ?????? i know ballet thats why you ride like a big girls blouse
    Last edited by Virago; 21st May 2009 at 19:08. Reason: HTML

Bike
    newer, redder, faster & ...louder
    Just got a call today that my stranded VTR in Napier is now repaired. Wasn't a coil, CDI , blocked jets , worn carbs ,short in the electical system , rectifier but was the throttle sensor. Was telling the cylinder to fire when it wasn't ready too. Why it was only doing it after 2 hrs running or when the bike was hot or travelling at 150+ beats me, but they say its running fine now. Just gotta figure out when to get her home. Flat out @ work at the mo including weekends for a lil while. Be great to get back in the saddle
    If you don't know where you are going , any road will get you there ............

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rideon View Post
    Just got a call today that my stranded VTR in Napier is now repaired. Wasn't a coil, CDI , blocked jets , worn carbs ,short in the electical system , rectifier but was the throttle sensor. Was telling the cylinder to fire when it wasn't ready too. Why it was only doing it after 2 hrs running or when the bike was hot or travelling at 150+ beats me, but they say its running fine now. Just gotta figure out when to get her home. Flat out @ work at the mo including weekends for a lil while. Be great to get back in the saddle
    Pay for gas there and back and I'll go get it for ya haha
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    yeah......nah. Thanks for the offer but looking foward to a good blat home, might just make up for missing out on most of the castle point ride. Not fun at all watchn ya mates continue on while your'e figuring out ya next move with a half dead bike. :slap:
    If you don't know where you are going , any road will get you there ............

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dargor View Post
    no thanks....

Bike
    2006 z1000 - Devil
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazm View Post
    Does anybody get a bit unsettled riding down narrow backcountry sealed roads with no road markings on it ?......
    Yeah man, narrow roads with bad vis and wide + swinging trucks give me the heebies at times - clostrophobia - though its allot less frightfull on the 10 for some reason.. Not sure why that is

Hey at least you got it back on the road and it wasn't catastrophic! Sounds like a bus there, ride back mission i'd double you but you'd loose me on the way back
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully
    The price of biking is eternal vigilance. Switch off for a second and the bastard will bite you.
    You can't save the fallen, direct the lost or motivate the lazy.

Bike
    Nice open Napier - Taupo Highway .....your 10 Vs newly tuned storm , be a good battle but think you might have me on the straights. Also a recipe for a walk home without bikes I feel. Just want a good solid run, nothing too mad ...........

Bike
    2006 z1000 - Devil
    Nice open Napier - Taupo Highway .....your 10 Vs newly tuned storm , be a good battle but think you might have me on the straights. Also a recipe for a walk home without bikes I feel. Just want a good solid run, nothing too mad ...........
    Hehe, thats what i mean you'd loose me i am a pretty slow koz!

Good luck anyways dude, hope you get yer baby back quickly
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully
    The price of biking is eternal vigilance. Switch off for a second and the bastard will bite you.
    You can't save the fallen, direct the lost or motivate the lazy.

Bike
    he's back !!!

Favourite road !!

here's a little combination of some favourite roads I've hooked together :

Pokuru rd - Te Kawa rd - Wharepuhunga rd - Lethbridge rd - Bayley rd - Ngaroma rd - Mangatutu rd - Maihihi rd - Otewa rd - into Otorohanga - Waitomo valley rd - Fullerton rd - Oparure rd - Mairoa rd with lunch etc,etc in Piopio
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    Daytona 675
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia01 View Post
    here's a little combination of some favourite roads I've hooked together :

Pokuru rd - Te Kawa rd - Wharepuhunga rd - Lethbridge rd - Bayley rd - Ngaroma rd - Mangatutu rd - Maihihi rd - Otewa rd - into Otorohanga - Waitomo valley rd - Fullerton rd - Oparure rd - Mairoa rd with lunch etc,etc in Piopio
    Those are good roads and i especially like Fullerton rd - Oparure rd - Mairoa rd..

I also like to tack Barber Rd & Rangitoto Rd on at Otewa Rd and come out in Te Kuiti (Beter veiws going the other way though) I'm not too schooled on all the roads south, southwest & west of Te Kuiti though

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Barber rd & similar roads are abit tight to throw the BB around on ( 250kg fueled + my muscular frame = @ 350KG) particularly at pace so best to nanna along on them type of roads until the more flowing roads come along....
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by Dargor View Post
    Hetherington Road is pretty cool...but I am working etc...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Thread Information