Page 522 of 534 FirstFirst ... 22422472512520521522523524532 ... LastLast
Results 7,816 to 7,830 of 7996

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Murray and Trina, I thank you both for all your efforts on behalf of local riders. We'll miss you both.

(Some good ride up there bro...)
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    he's back !!!
    its been a pleasure riding with you both ( East Cape loop springs to mind ) all the best for your future venture
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    Klr650
    Must agree.murry and trina have been the back bone of lor.all the best for your next venture and we will have to check out those roads of the far north.

Bike
    None :(
    yep, good fellas alrite - sorry missed out on the beer-byes 2nite.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by wharekura View Post
    yep, good fellas alrite - sorry missed out on the beer-byes 2nite.
    No worries Murray got his quota of Leone Rouge Brown stuff, lotsa folk came out to see them both off.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries

Next Sunday's ride.

Here is a rough plan for my ride on Sunday, just some roads I haven't traveled yet.

Te A - old Taupo rd -Tok to refuel.
    Whakamaru - Kaahu - Forest rd - Oruanui - SH1 - Tutukau - Waikiti Valley - Twist - Bryce rd's - Rotorua, lunch/re-fuel. Home.

Apart from a bit of gravel (appears hard and smooth, someone might know for sure) on Forest rd, the rest is sealed, some don't have road markings.

If anyone is interested in tagging along, I will leave the Te Awamutu Caltex stn at 9.30.
    Last edited by awa355; 24th February 2016 at 02:00. Reason: Big re-think.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    1999 TRX850K
    All the best you two!!!

Was a great couple of years riding with you both, and I would have to agree with what has been said.

You have sow'ed some outstanding effect and time into the community & shared your passion for riding around many.

All the very very best guys!! Enjoy your new venture

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    It's official - I am leaving Hamilton

I will be moving to Whangarei to take up a Hotel role there.

Bike
    2016 Yamaha FZ6R
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    Here is a rough plan for my ride on Sunday, just some roads I haven't traveled yet.

Te A - old Taupo rd -Tok to refuel.
    Whakamaru - Kaahu - Forest rd - Oruanui - SH1 - Tutukau - Waikiti Valley - Twist - Bryce rd's - Rotorua, lunch/re-fuel. Home.

Apart from a bit of gravel (appears hard and smooth, someone might know for sure) on Forest rd, the rest is sealed, some don't have road markings.

If anyone is interested in tagging along, I will leave the Te Awamutu Caltex stn at 9.30.
    Thats a sweet drive along that way (haven't ridden there yet) Must stop off at Whakamaru ski club for photos!!!

Would anyone be interested in a ride out to lake Taharoa? just down from Kawhia? looks pretty cool and the road would definitely be fun and scenic

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Always a good ride out to Taharoa. Out via the Kawhia rd and return by the Waitomo road. Either way has lots of corners.

Bike
    2016 Yamaha FZ6R
    I'll see where I end up and if i'm free i'll tag along, been looking for a group to go riding with

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600

My Latest Favourite Ride

For some reason I keep going back to ride this one again and again. Why? Dunno. Could be the lack of much traffic over most of it. Could be the lack of coppers as well. Might be that it is sweepy with a few twisty bits thrown in from time to time. Could be Old Taupo Road section which is a great ride. Who knows? I just keep going back. A tick under 300km all up. Try it and see for yourself...

Linky to motowhere map. http://www.motowhere.com/maps/route/Benneydale-loop

Incidentally, since I went to Windows 7 64 bit, Motowhere routes don't seem to want to embed in KB posts. Just get what is below - empty frame. Anyone else had this problem?

. “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Your link works. That's a good ride. So many variations there, you could come back up past Waipapa dam and cut through the Ngaroma road for one.

I'm going out tonight just after sunset to try for some moonlight night photos over the Arapuni, Horahora lakes. Should be a good ride around Mt Maungatautari.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Cross the bridge in whatawhata and go down Te Pahu road. Then head off to Kawhia and come back through Waitomo

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    ...I'm going out tonight just after sunset to try for some moonlight night photos over the Arapuni, Horahora lakes. Should be a good ride around Mt Maungatautari.
    Looking forward to seeing your results... hope the night is as clear as the day has been...

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Your link works. That's a good ride. So many variations there, you could come back up past Waipapa dam and cut through the Ngaroma road for one.

I'm going out tonight just after sunset to try for some moonlight night photos over the Arapuni, Horahora lakes. Should be a good ride around Mt Maungatautari.
    I have ridden that variation often. Whakamaru Rd beats Waipapa Rd though in my book. Specially since it leads to Old Taupo Rd...

I'd come with you on Sunday if I didn't have to go to d'Auckland in the afternoon...

Thread Information