Page 5 of 534 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    Daytona 675
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia01 View Post
    Barber rd & similar roads are abit tight to throw the BB around on ( 250kg fueled + my muscular frame = @ 350KG) particularly at pace so best to nanna along on them type of roads until the more flowing roads come along....
    That sounds fair enough...

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    so where are you n00bs meeting?
    i got a bike to test

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Hi Guys & Girls

Back from a few days away. took the car down to wellington via Forgotten highway. Its a great road and I think you would all love it. Only concern was the 12 km of packed dirt road. The council fix the holes by dumping shovel loads of gravel in the holes and leaving it for the cars to flatten down. 1/2 of it had just been done so bit of a pain. Whangamonamoana republic was pretty much as expected and we had a good meal at the pub!! leaving Taumaranui you have a 155 stretch of petrol free road so if you ever do it make sure you fill up. Catch up with you all on wednesday night and if weather looks good for Queens Birthday lets organise a ride. Current long range forecast for the Saturday is great, not so good the Sunday or Monday.

Oh yeah, my favourite road is the Te Rapa straight from garnett Avenue to the Te Rapa racecourse entrance!!

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Daytona 675
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Oh yeah, my favourite road is the Te Rapa straight from garnett Avenue to the Te Rapa racecourse entrance!!
    Suprise suprise... You only like it cause you know your going to the Te Rapa Tavern

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazm View Post
    Suprise suprise... You only like it cause you know your going to the Te Rapa Tavern
    Now there's an idea. Haven't been for a week so might pop in tonight

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    I took my test bike for a ride up past the lakes to Te-Kawahata, then over to glen murray (?) (good road)
    half way down the 22 it pissed down.

still kept the pace up though and made it back to hams in good time.

the bike i had was excellent!

The GSXR had no wheels on it from the wet trackday!

Riding in the wet fast is good fun!

this is a pic from sat on the way from rags
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5888.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	288.4 KB 
ID:	130142  

Bike
    bandit 1200s

Thumbs up all good though

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Hi Guys & Girls

...via Forgotten highway. Its a great road and I think you would all love it. Only concern was the 12 km of packed dirt road. The council fix the holes by dumping shovel loads of gravel in the holes and leaving it for the cars to flatten down. 1/2 of it had just been done so bit of a pain.
    The gravel thru there is not really a challenge to ride on, it's pretty hard and open, no sharp bends or inclines or anything that requires any more skill than average.
    I wouldn't let the small amount of gravel put you off a fantastic ride like the Forgotten Highway
    Lifes Just one big ride - buckle up or hang on

Bike
    newer, redder, faster & ...louder
    when youve done the 60-70 K's from the New Plymouth coast road, through all the back country of Ohura & on out to the forgotten highway, all of of it deep horrible metal , the hard packed stuff was like tar seal And yes we were on the VTR. 1 st gear was even too high at tmes!! stinking hot summer day, bike got hot & stuffed the back tyre. The only tar seal we found was on a very steep section that obviously vehicles wouldn't get up if it was metal. Saw some pretty wicked parts of the country though. 12 Kms of hard pack - no sweat & the gorge it runs through is pretty wicked.
    If you don't know where you are going , any road will get you there ............

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by smoky View Post
    The gravel thru there is not really a challenge to ride on, it's pretty hard and open, no sharp bends or inclines or anything that requires any more skill than average.
    I wouldn't let the small amount of gravel put you off a fantastic ride like the Forgotten Highway
    Quote Originally Posted by rideon View Post
    Saw some pretty wicked parts of the country though. 12 Kms of hard pack - no sweat & the gorge it runs through is pretty wicked.
    Totally agree with you both - no real problem at all!! As stated it is packed dirt and good to ride on. The only problem was they had just gone through 1/2 of it and chucked loose gravel over all the holes and left it. Have to organise an overnight ride to the Naki!!

Bike
    None

Thumbs up Count me in ....

I'm not too far away, so keep me posted about any rides around the Waikato and I'd be keen as if I'm free! Cheers

Bike
    2006 z1000 - Devil
    Quote Originally Posted by Mschvs View Post
    I'm not too far away, so keep me posted about any rides around the Waikato and I'd be keen as if I'm free! Cheers
    Sweet, watch this space we also meet at a pub wednesdays if you want to meet the crew, drop a msg in here or PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully
    The price of biking is eternal vigilance. Switch off for a second and the bastard will bite you.
    You can't save the fallen, direct the lost or motivate the lazy.

Bike
    CRF250R '07
    many still go down to pub??
    **Insert Signature Here**

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rock View Post
    many still go down to pub??
    They all turn up when your not there!!!!!

Bike
    1999 TRX850K
    I always goto the pub as a rule! It is my new found Religion. Last Pub meet was the quietest though, I think its because Murray and Trina were not there! hehe

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyton View Post
    I always goto the pub as a rule! It is my new found Religion. Last Pub meet was the quietest though, I think its because Murray and Trina were not there! hehe
    il introduce you to mormonisim

Thread Information