Page 160 of 534 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 7996

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Seems like it was a great day for little loops for everyone yesterday... did a couple of roads leading into Otorohanga, out through Waitomo valley rd ( still little bits of road grit where the roadworks are ) along Waitomo Caves road through the intersection onto Old Te kuiti road then turned off onto Mangarino road ( REALLY starting to like this road ) into Te Kuiti for coffee & hot snacks , Back home via Fullerton road another quick sprint along Waitomo valley road had a look at Honikiwi road cut through Turitea road then Te Kawa road & Te mawhai road @ 150 all round but diffenately need to watch out in the shaded areas as they are really starting to get slippery trying out some winter accesories to go with the Quasi jacket I have recently accquired from the man himself ( awesome fit Bret !!! ) very cosey with the thermal liner, Quasi gear is the BOMB !! can't wait for this weekend to come around 2 week hoilday Starting in Wellington & spending time having another look around the coast" Here I come wellywood "
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    Magic day for riding...couldn't do the LOR but did get out for about 160km...Pirongia, Te Awamutu, Kihikihi, Arapuni Road, back via Maungatautari Rd to Leamington, Kaipaki Rd, Mystery Creek Rd, Raynes Rd and back into Glenview...

Saw what may have been the LOR on Maungatautari Rd...?

Great day - clear cold air - could see forever...
    That wasn't us on Maungatautari Rd. Quasi suggested we head down there (he had to leave) and I could for the life of me remember where it was. It dawned on me when we rode past on the main road.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDazz View Post
    It was a fantastic ride too Murray!
    Prob'ly my favourite ride so far - great roads and cool scenery.

Pleased you made it back okay Spaz.
    Good work on the route, you know places I aint never heard of!
    Shit mate, you gotta get out more! I thought we where gonna take Ngarome Rd (sp?) on our ride (wouldn't have worked I know). Now that road you'll love! I forgot how good that road is where Castle Rock is too. Not too tight, nice and flowing. Might have to do a loop around there to build up some bike k's.

Quote Originally Posted by insomnia01 View Post
    Seems like it was a great day for little loops for everyone yesterday... did a couple of roads leading into Otorohanga, out through Waitomo valley rd ( still little bits of road grit where the roadworks are ) along Waitomo Caves road through the intersection onto Old Te kuiti road then turned off onto Mangarino road ( REALLY starting to like this road ) into Te Kuiti for coffee & hot snacks , Back home via Fullerton road another quick sprint along Waitomo valley road had a look at Honikiwi road cut through Turitea road then Te Kawa road & Te mawhai road @ 150 all round but diffenately need to watch out in the shaded areas as they are really starting to get slippery trying out some winter accesories to go with the Quasi jacket I have recently accquired from the man himself ( awesome fit Bret !!! ) very cosey with the thermal liner, Quasi gear is the BOMB !! can't wait for this weekend to come around 2 week hoilday Starting in Wellington & spending time having another look around the coast" Here I come wellywood "
    This sounds cool.

Bike
    Daytona 675
    Quote Originally Posted by ckai View Post
    Shit mate, you gotta get out more! I thought we where gonna take Ngarome Rd (sp?) on our ride (wouldn't have worked I know). Now that road you'll love! I forgot how good that road is where Castle Rock is too. Not too tight, nice and flowing. Might have to do a loop around there to build up some bike k's.
    Just have to watch that Ngaroma Rd during the winter as alot of the corners won't dry out till mid/late spring & with it being so narrow it slows it up a bit.. We nearly went Ngaroma Rd but i'd made the first part of the route quite tight and twisted, it was nice to open it up a bit and get some forward motion on..

P.S. Nice bike Brett

Bike
    06 Yamaha FZ1
    Hi all, Im going to be out of the country for a while, going to the US of A for a month.
    Hopeing for some fine weather when i get back so i can join you all for a spin.
    Happy riding and keep it shiney side up

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaddyFZ1 View Post
    Hi all, Im going to be out of the country for a while, going to the US of A for a month.
    Hopeing for some fine weather when i get back so i can join you all for a spin.
    Happy riding and keep it shiney side up
    Anyone want any stuff brought back for the states?

Don't drink too much mate...oh who am I kidding, you'll dry out Kentucky!

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Saturday 5
    Cloudy periods. Light winds.
    Sunday 6
    Cloudy periods. Easterly breezes.

Looks good for the weekend - might even let Trina take the new beast for a wee spin. Where shall we go?? I'm thinking maybe Kaiuia and back through Clevedon, we have done it once and it was a great ride.

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Whoops forgot its Queens B'day weekend, avoid anywhere north like the plague. Have to think again - any ideas anyone!! Can't do last weeks ride again!! Maybe zigzag our way to that place just out of Te Rau (forgotton its name but a lot of bikers meet up there)

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    that place just out of Te Rau (forgotton its name but a lot of bikers meet up there)
    Its spelt Tirau Murray & its the Okoroire pub your thinking of I presume !!

theres a few AKLD KB members floating around these ways over the weekend making their way down to Turangi for a annual KB gathering, you could hook up with them somewhere along the line, checkout the thread
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Dead right it is Okororire that we are heading 2. Milan is planning up what he calls Milans Meandering Mystery Tour to get there!!

Theres usually always a number of bikes and cars there so always interesting place to stop.

8 people said last night at dinkies that they will be coming so should be a good ride. Hope the weather stays good!

It is in the calendar so please register. reason for this is some people who do not know of LOR thread look at calendar and also if you are registered we will wait an extra 5-10 minutes for you. So do not register if you are not going to turn up. You simply register by going into the calendar entry and click "I will be attending"

Bike
    Custom Bonnie
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    might even let Trina take the new beast for a wee spin.
    might let....?
    Quite the benevolent master eh?
    [CENTER]Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerDazz View Post
    might let....?
    Quite the benevolent master eh?
    She's not licensed to ride it and its a "go and get it" tactic!! Don't let her play with her Toys

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Errrrmmmm...Metservice's rain radar doesn't look that crash hot for Sunday. Hope they are wrong. In which case I might turn up for this ride - got the DAY OFF!!
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Custom Bonnie
    Blog Entries
    ah ,method to your madness, I llike it!
    [CENTER]Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    I guess i will show up. Dazz got your full yet?

Bike
    Sportster
    Blog Entries
    I might pop down for brekkie with my daughter, and catch up with some of you reprobates.

Thread Information