Page 300 of 534 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350400 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 7996

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    1999 Kawasaki zx6r
    Do any of you guys or girls have taillights with the indicators built into them? is so what do you think of them, do they do the job well enough or does it seem like people dont notice them( more than they usually dont notice bikes)
    Ive found a nice one for my bike but not sure weather they are practical enough. Thought id see what peoples thoughts on them are.

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by nanahc View Post
    Do any of you guys or girls have taillights with the indicators built into them? is so what do you think of them, do they do the job well enough or does it seem like people dont notice them( more than they usually dont notice bikes)
    Ive found a nice one for my bike but not sure weather they are practical enough. Thought id see what peoples thoughts on them are.
    I tried to fit an integrated tail light/indicator unit to my Daytona and it failed WOF in two shops here in Hamilton. Was told they were too close to the centre of the bike and not visible from side angles. Had to take them off again. Some others might got away with it, but I would check with your local WOF retailer to make sure it still will be legal
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    My GPX has them standard built in. Never had a problem. Looks 10X better than the sticky outies!

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    I have one and I think 5150 has one (EDIT: there you go...testing people don't like him ). But that's cause we're cool and ride Daytona's As for what I think of them, I like them hence why I have one but I also know mine is noticeable. I've seen one on a 6R and you couldn't see shit. Dunno what year that was. His was built different to mine in that when he braked and indicated, the side would flash amber than bright red so it was hard to tell the difference. With mine, when I indicate and brake, the red on the indicator side would turn off so it's much more noticeable.

His was also on a weird angle without the actual LEDS having a wide enough viewing angle.

My last WOF they mentioned I needed some extra indicators because they weren't really sure about it. I've since put a black strip of LEDS on my subframe but I was always going to do that. It wasn't because they said.

The way I figure, as long as people behind can see the brake light they'll slow down. If you're turning right, you move to the right so it's not like they're going to cut you off from behind. It's the front indicators that need the most attention. My opinion anyway.

The definitely tidy things up though.

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    (EDIT: there you go...testing people don't like him ).

Dunno why? I'm a lovable chap.... Really

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    In the interests of your own safety, it makes sense to use indimicators that are visible to the side as well as from directly behind or in front. I see lots of vehicles (not just bikes) using indicators that are not very visible from side on. Why add more risk?

Forget how they look. Think about how well they do the job of letting other road users know where you are going.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    In the interests of your own safety, it makes sense to use indimicators that are visible to the side as well as from directly behind or in front. I see lots of vehicles (not just bikes) using indicators that are not very visible from side on. Why add more risk?

Forget how they look. Think about how well they do the job of letting other road users know where you are going.
    Good sensible reply from mr Slofox

Bike
    None :(
    yep - have stick out indicators like my mums morry minor back in the 70's - couldnt miss those

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by wharekura View Post
    yep - have stick out indicators like my mums morry minor back in the 70's - couldnt miss those
    I didn't miss one of those once years ago...zoomed past the car and busted the indicator off...with my shoulder. Gave wider berth after that.

edit: Just in case you are wondering, the car was parked, the indicator stuck at out position. And it was my car. In my driveway...sigh.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Buell XB12Ss, KX250
    It was a fun ride out to Okororie last Sunday, and was nice to meet you guys.
    Highlight: Besides getting out on the Buell, seeing the pub dog take off with one of Marks new gloves. It took him a good 5 mins or so to get them back, meanwhile he gained quite an audience.

Will post some pics of the fiasco soon

Bike
    1999 Kawasaki zx6r
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post

Yeah thats what has me a bit iffy about them is the visibility of them hence why i asked what peoples experiences with them are. i do want to be seen but would still like to get rid of the ugly factory ones and make it look a bit nicer, i like ckai's idea of adding the LED strips. might look into that, that way i get a tidy look but still have good visibility.

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Yeah thats what has me a bit iffy about them is the visibility of them hence why i asked what peoples experiences with them are. i do want to be seen but would still like to get rid of the ugly factory ones and make it look a bit nicer, i like ckai's idea of adding the LED strips. might look into that, that way i get a tidy look but still have good visibility.
    If I can be assed, I might take a pic of the rear tonight. It's not as nice as I wanted but it was stupidly cheap with the LED's ($7 shipped for both strips I think). Ultimately I would have drilled individual LEDS into the tail. I've seen pictures and it looks bloody good. But I also like doing things that are reversible.

I think my set up looks alright. No one can say they're too close to the centre because they actually sit further out than where the stock indicators would sit.

Bike
    1999 Kawasaki zx6r
    Quote Originally Posted by ckai View Post
    If I can be assed, I might take a pic of the rear tonight. It's not as nice as I wanted but it was stupidly cheap with the LED's ($7 shipped for both strips I think). Ultimately I would have drilled individual LEDS into the tail. I've seen pictures and it looks bloody good. But I also like doing things that are reversible.

I think my set up looks alright. No one can say they're too close to the centre because they actually sit further out than where the stock indicators would sit.
    Where did you get your LED strips from? did you juts find them on trademe?

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Where did you get your LED strips from? did you juts find them on trademe?
    Trademe is a very "no go zone" for electronic stuff. I got them off eBay. In fact I'd probably look on ebay first then look on Trademe to compare. You pay stupid money for NZ dealers on LED stuff.

Just search on ebay for amber led or whatever you're looking for. You might be surprised how cheap stuff. They come from Hong Kong generally.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250

Thread Information