Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The new TradeMe alternative

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Blog Entries
    well good on you, I have just registered and will use it soon to put a whole lot of stuff up for sale

will also spread the word
    Ride Safe . . . . SixftFive

Bike
    currently bikeless, former katana owner
    Quote Originally Posted by munterk6 View Post
    you definitely need good widespread exposure in the media to kick the ball off rolling. I will tell everyone I know about it...the rates are fantastic! I guess that will change as the usage increases
    Are you going to put up 'users currently online' stats? would be good to know how many are looking..
    All the best..........
    Yeah, we'll look at doing that once we've got good numbers. At this stage, we're not even 2 weeks post launch but numbers are already building steadily. It certainly shows us there is demand for what we're offering.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by 6ft5 View Post
    well good on you, I have just registered and will use it soon to put a whole lot of stuff up for sale

will also spread the word
    Bloody brilliant, great to have you onboard. Thanks for your support.

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmoot View Post
    Ahahahahah you'll hate me then.

I get paid to criticize the works of people like you.
    ohhhh noooooo... i shan't hate you as you'll never know what i've done heh. I'd love a job like that but don't think i could take the pay cut

Hearse, might be worth having a chat with the business manager at the bank as he/she will be able to help you develop sound growth plan and may be able to suggest acceptable levels of capital to get you that all too important advertising...

Failing that get a dozen or so people to right negative letters about the site to Fair Go or Close Up... there's no publicity like bad publicity... expecially when you turn it around
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Something red and quick
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    ohhhh noooooo... i shan't hate you as you'll never know what i've done heh. I'd love a job like that but don't think i could take the pay cut

Hearse, might be worth having a chat with the business manager at the bank as he/she will be able to help you develop sound growth plan and may be able to suggest acceptable levels of capital to get you that all too important advertising...

Failing that get a dozen or so people to right negative letters about the site to Fair Go or Close Up... there's no publicity like bad publicity... expecially when you turn it around
    O ho, matey. Let me tell you that online marketing goes the opposite of recession. Every business needs a presence, and online presence is simply much cheaper (not to mention trendier) than offline.

Hearse, if you need any advice at all feel free to give me a yell. Won't try to sell you anything since you're a biker.
    Elite Fight Club - Proudly promoting common sense and safe riding since 2024
    http://1199s.wordpress.com

Bike
    Hyosung GT250R
    well i uploaded my bike.
    issue 1. photo upload doesnt work on google chrome.

fire up firefox

2. no mass upload photos. pain in the butt but all good.

3. said listing failed when i submitted and had to redo it all again, the only thing i can think of is because i didnt enter a shipping amount. i didnt want to enter one! so i entered $300, hell ill drive it myself if someone want to pay that. now it says "can pick up $300", so are people gonna think it costs $300 to pick up? whats with that.

anyway support this shop people, buy my bike.

Bike
    CBR600rr
    I love the idea of sticking it to Trade me so i tried to register..... after the fifth attempt i gave up.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    I love the idea of sticking it to Trade me so i tried to register..... after the fifth attempt i gave up.
    Hey Hazzard, is the system throwing up any sort of error message?
    You're not Shane M by any chance?
    If that's you they you are registered.
    I'm back in CHCH on Tuesday so happy to help you get you get signed up and to find out why your registration is giving you grief.

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bend-it View Post
    I think before this, you need to get people (or online shops) putting up lots of items for sale... otherwise joe public logs on once, sees there's not much on and doesn't come back...

Yep... i went to a couple of the "other" sites...which i actually cannot remember the names of...

to take over trademe or even be competitive even with low pricing is not easy.

Bike
    Out of control Firestorm
    Yay, I've listed the first ever Hornet for sale on the site.
    As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death
    Γύρος στη νίκη

Bike
    DRZ400smK10 & Rm250k7
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    Just some stuff that I would have done... don't shoot, it's just what i'd do...

I'd make your logo a lot smaller as you're losing page real estate.

Auction of the day, hottest listings and recently listed change on a page refresh, it should be Auction of the second etc... What i would do in this case is have a horizontal marquee style of X Auctions of the Day and X items in vertical marquees for Hottest listings and latest listings.

I'd remove the Featured Items section and just replace it with a listing.

I'd remove the register icon from above Auction of the day.

I'd change some of the page layout and stylings, but that's your preference.

When using the menu on the left, i would expect to see listings in the centre and have the categories and sub-categories appear in a menu on the left, where the original menu was (just for navigation consistency).

Perhaps add a breadcrumb to navigate back up through the navigation structure.

I'd Remove the Buy tab as it's slow and might eventually slow things down even further when you're database loads up.

I'd get rid of the Show button on the buy page as it's not obvious, better off reloading the page when you change selection in the drop down.

I'd remove the red background icons from underneath the logo and move them to the right of your logo, but consolidate those that require an account into a My Account tab.

If you want red background icons underneath the logo, use them for quirky searches i.e. items with the highest hit rate, items that have had a price reduction, items that are under half price in comparison to the retail value, i dunno, but ya get the idea.
    good advice me reckons
    Fook Yeah!...Me Got DRZ400sm Now!

& still can't spell for shit!

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    Yay, I've listed the first ever Hornet for sale on the site.
    Congrats....
    Good luck with the Sale.
    You planing on getting a replacement?

As for the site:
    Well, yes, the Nav could do with a make over....
    Other than that, I'm in no position to comment, as i don't really know what I'm talking about....
    Then I am used to SAP at work, so anything on the Net is better!

Bike
    Out of control Firestorm
    Quote Originally Posted by quickbuck View Post
    Congrats....
    Good luck with the Sale.
    You planing on getting a replacement?
    Yeah looking at something like a VTR1000. Just selling because I want another bike.
    As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death
    Γύρος στη νίκη

Bike
    . .

Wanted Ads?????

One thing that has always frustrated me about trademe is that there is no way of putting up a wanted ad. Especially in bike parts etc. How about wanted sections within classifications?
    Andy.

Bike
    08 Victory Vegas
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax View Post
    One thing that has always frustrated me about trademe is that there is no way of putting up a wanted ad. Especially in bike parts etc. How about wanted sections within classifications?
    Andy.

I have thought the same thing.
    But it would be hard for them to make as much money on a add like that as there would be no commission.
    Feel the fear and do it anyway

Don't confuse education with intelligence.
    There are alot of highly educated idiots out there.

Thread Information