Thread: Contact list of all painters/fibreglassers/carbon/kevlar workers

Contact list of all painters/fibreglassers/carbon/kevlar workers

i think there should be a contact list stickied with all the manufacturers/cheap paint jobs carbon kits etc of the people who can do moulds/kits of fairing and also where they are, because im having a damn hard time finding soneone who can do carbon fibre fairings for my bike at a low price, people at commercial places want 8Grand for an RG fairing kit, can u believe how expensive that is??
    well heres the start,
    PowderCoating:Arkro Powdercoating

Plastic Welding: Mr Me

Custom Bucket Racing: Fibreglass Billy

but thats just a short search on the forums, gotta go to work now, will try add more when i get home, if you want your name removed from the list or added please post under and i will remove/add when i get time when i get home

hope this helps a little for new guys like me who dont know anyone

Bike
    CBR600rr
    I am available for all fibreglass work in the Christchurch region. As to your carbon fairings, apart from the bling factor there is little advantage to be had from them as most are made with the same technique as ordinary fibreglass ones. To take advantage of its rigidity and strenth a much more complex method is used which is why top quality ones are so expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    I am available for all fibreglass work in the Christchurch region. As to your carbon fairings, apart from the bling factor there is little advantage to be had from them as most are made with the same technique as ordinary fibreglass ones. To take advantage of its rigidity and strenth a much more complex method is used which is why top quality ones are so expensive.
    its expensive cause its one fibreglass layer then a kevlar layer then carbon on the top layer int it? for the street fairings so they dont crack easy
    correct me if im wrong?

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by 16silver View Post
    its expensive cause its one fibreglass layer then a kevlar layer then carbon on the top layer int it? for the street fairings so they dont crack easy
    correct me if im wrong?
    I think it's because it's baked at high temperature in a vacuum autoclave.

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    CBR600rr
    Yes its dear because of the setup costs and the machinery required (autoclave,bagging equipment,pressure leak detector, intensive labor etc). And because of the very little demand locally. Most of the top gear comes from europe or the states where the demand is higher and costs can be spread further.

Bike
    ducati 916
    Easy just contact crazefox he can do the lot. Even has a carbon fibre hook up (look out mr 916)

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by 16silver View Post
    correct me if im wrong?
    No, that's how the cheap stuff is made.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    What a bloody good idea,On top of fibreglass repairs and new bodywork kits we also carry out a full refinish and also do plastic welding and 1 off prototype work including carbonfibre and carbon/Kevlar and subframe fabrication

Bike
    a fucking hornet
    + me plastic fabricator/welder

plastic fabricator/welder here if you need a hand ! will work for beer/bourbon/booze

come ride the southern roads www.southernrider.co.nz

Thread Information