Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Yamaha YZF-R1

Bike
    Motorcycle Trader

2009 Yamaha YZF-R1

I first got to see the reworked 2009 Yamaha YZF-R1 last year when it was revealed by Valentino Rossi when attending a Yamaha dinner while I was at Phillip Island for the Moto GP (and yes I got to meet Rossi, Jorge Lorenzo, Colin Edwards and James Toseland. See my column in the Nov 08 issue of Motorcycle Trader).

The bike looked hot then and now that I’ve ridden it, it's just got even hotter.
    I'm not going to give away too much because I want you to read the comparison I’m writing of the YZF-R1 up against the CBR1000RR which will be published in the July issue of Motorcycle Trader.

But I am going to tell you that it definitely rides like it’s on rails, it’s got so much forward impulsion it made me scream many times with joy!

One of the cool things about this bike is its chip controlled throttle which has a standard setting, B option making it a slightly calmer creature and A for race mode. It’s 180hp, 206kg dripping wet and will make a cool $23,000 dent in your wallet. These are definately magnificent times to be a fan of motorcycles
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lu R1 2.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	161.0 KB 
ID:	129786   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lu R1.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	147.0 KB 
ID:	129787  

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Thats very cool how you raise your eyebrow toward the inside of the corner like that. Mmmm, nice.

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    Gixxer
    PFFFT!! Buy a Honda....

Dear I say it... I actually really like the R1's. After owning a 99 model I have always had a soft spot for them
    Motorcycing is not a hobby, It is a way of life!

Missed forever! NEVER FORGOTTEN!!
    LIVE ON MY FRIENDS!

Friends dont let friends ride Hyosungs

Bike
    Suzuki UZ125
    True story!

The new R1 is BADASS! sorry to jack the thread... and if this is naughty someone can moderate it. However if you don't want to wait till July for a review (ah magazines... the wave of the past) Click the link

http://www.themotorcyclereview.com/c...maha-r1-review

Bike
    kwikasfuki ninja
    Calm down, where is your professional journalist tact? Did yamaha offer you more money if you jump the R1 wagon?=)

Its a bit ironic that most riders are men, and listening to a chick tell them which bike is better, is like asking your wife's mum for what BBQ to pick. A bit out of this world..

Just kidding, yall women are too easy to excite with all these buzzy things anyway.=)
    Everbody Dies But Not Everyone Lives

Bike
    '09 triumph 675 street triple
    Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
    I first got to see the reworked 2009 Yamaha YZF-R1 last year when it was revealed by Valentino Rossi when attending a Yamaha dinner while I was at Phillip Island for the Moto GP (and yes I got to meet Rossi, Jorge Lorenzo, Colin Edwards and James Toseland. See my column in the Nov 08 issue of Motorcycle Trader).

The bike looked hot then and now that I’ve ridden it, it's just got even hotter.
    I'm not going to give away too much because I want you to read the comparison I’m writing of the YZF-R1 up against the CBR1000RR which will be published in the July issue of Motorcycle Trader.

But I am going to tell you that it definitely rides like it’s on rails, it’s got so much forward impulsion it made me scream many times with joy!

One of the cool things about this bike is its chip controlled throttle which has a standard setting, B option making it a slightly calmer creature and A for race mode. It’s 180hp, 206kg dripping wet and will make a cool $23,000 dent in your wallet. These are definately magnificent times to be a fan of motorcycles
    Try here for some more impulsion info? http://www.impulsiononline.com/ The last model had chip controlled throttle too but without the retard modes

Ride Safe!
    GOOD RUBBER SAVES LIVES

Bike
    Motorcycle Trader
    Quote Originally Posted by MentalFacility View Post
    Its a bit ironic that most riders are men, and listening to a chick tell them which bike is better, is like asking your wife's mum for what BBQ to pick. A bit out of this world..
    Bwwwwwaaaaahhhh! Times are a changing, but don't be afraid we (chicks) will always stand there politely smiling while listening to mans advice on how to ride

Bike
    Hodor
    I just read the latest MC trader enjoyed the feature on the Ducati street fighter this may be my next bike I'll have to see if Mr DMTD can give me a friendly price. By the way you are looking hot hot hot in those pictures in the mag Lu.

Bike
    GSX11-tysomething, BMW K100 x2

You magazine people make me sick. I have to go blagging at shops to ride new bikes and I bet they just give them to you!!!

That is a beautiful bike...and I'm thinking of selling the Missus car while she isn't looking to afford the deposit on one...
    Jay Lawrence #37

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRacer37 View Post
    You magazine people make me sick. I have to go blagging at shops to ride new bikes and I bet they just give them to you!!!
    Heh, might help if people didn't know how 'well' you ride bikes. I heard you chose the 2007 ZX6R because it was the only 600 which would wheelie all the way through into 6th gear!
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    GSX11-tysomething, BMW K100 x2
    Quote Originally Posted by R6_kid View Post
    Heh, might help if people didn't know how 'well' you ride bikes. I heard you chose the 2007 ZX6R because it was the only 600 which would wheelie all the way through into 6th gear!
    Hmm...Actually. You may have a point there. Tell ya what, since people saw the hillclimb video, I've had to use a fake Mo' to get demo bikes...
    Jay Lawrence #37

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    Bwwwwwaaaaahhhh! Times are a changing, but don't be afraid we (chicks) will always stand there politely smiling while listening to mans advice on how to ride
    Good to know.

Cool, will look out for it..
    Cheers for the link btw.

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor

No thanks...aint buying it.(Marketing gimmicks that is)

When manufacturers started putting this shite on 1000cc bikes i know it will only be a matter of time before we will be sold two wheeled electric powered vacuum cleaner for our own good.

It makes less power than the last model FFS.

Please stop buying into and printing this crap.

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    Quote Originally Posted by eelracing View Post

It makes less power than the last model FFS.

Please stop buying into and printing this crap.
    When are you going to realize that peak horsepower is'nt the be all and end all in performance and particularly on the road which is where the vast majority of these bike get ridden.

Bike
    N/A
    Well after having a 2007 R1 and then riding the 09. I can say it took some time to wipe the smile off my face. Incrediable.
    Tis a Yamahahahaha G. Just thrash it like you stole it. Gixxer 4 ever
    It really did look very unloved. Specially as it was next to the R1 that the whole crowd wanted to look at. Gixxer 4 ever

Thread Information