Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the f@*#$ to buy?

Bike
    06 EXC450, 08 CRF450R, 92 GSF250 Bandit

What the f@*#$ to buy?

I've been round and round in circles for the last 3 or so months, looking at everything from ZZR's to ZXR's to CBR's to RG150s to RGV250s to Honda VTRs to Honda Hornets and also Suzuki Bandits.. Initially I really wanted a naked bike but didnt think I could afford a decent one and then I really wanted a 2 smoker, and to be honest the RGV would still be my first choice, only thing is the running costs and maintenance thats letting it down as its my first bike and I will be using it a lot to commute as well as do small tours, so the 2 smokers probably not ideal.. My next favourite would have to be a naked bike, and after riding the Hornet and the Bandit I really really liked both of them.. So it's come down to those two.. The hornet i'm looking at is $1000 more than the Bandit and has also done more kms albeit newer..

What are some of your thoughts?? Snatch the Bandit up or try and stretch another grand for the Hornet??

Please help

Bike
    HONDA HORNET 900
    Hornet for sure!

Not just saying that because i'm selling mine, ask some of the swarmers what they think about the bike

Swarm thread here
    ChocolateWheels - Possibly the first (EX) GN rider to overtake a CBR600RR LEGITIMATELY and EX holder of the GN250 Land Speed Record.

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    Bandits are nice bikes.

So are Hornets (although IMO not worth the extra money they tend to go for - and dont' forget that due to the stupid wheel sizes tyres are a pain to get, and expensive to boot).

Other than that, they're essentially the same.

Same power, same handling.

My 2c.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    RATS & RICE
    Blog Entries
    good to have the choice as long as you feel relaxed and at one with the bike thats all that matters best to take them test riding like for a good couple of hours

Bike
    A big one
    What's your budget?

Bike
    Orange ones! (and a few others...)
    Bugger these sensible replies, buy my 990 Adventure...think of it as a slightly bigger KDX200....go on, you know you want to!

Bike
    A Red German one.
    Gsf 250 bandit. 17" wheels, plenty of tyres. I bought a good one, with rough ish paint, for $4000.00. Never missed a beat. Only money I spent was fork seals because one leaked, and tyres and new chain and sprokets. Because I wanted too, not because I had too.

"No matter what bike you ride. It's all the same wind in your face"

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lobster View Post
    What's your budget?
    Budget is 4, and chocco wants just over 4 for his Hornet.. I could probably hit up the parentals for the top up but i'm a tight ass and would kinda rather the extra money haha as dare i say it, my project car needs finishing ASAP

They were both very nice bikes to ride which is why i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.. I'm trying to think about resale in 2 years at the moment to really make up my mind

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis management View Post
    Bugger these sensible replies, buy my 990 Adventure...think of it as a slightly bigger KDX200....go on, you know you want to!
    You know what, I'd love to haha but as you can see by my previous post I have a limited budget.. I need to sell some of my wheels!! 3 cars and 2 bikes is a bit excessive and come hopefully this weekend there will be another bike!!

Bike
    Z900
    there is a 04 zx10r for sale on here only $7500, great we bike's
    "your car is boring"

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by boman View Post
    Gsf 250 bandit. 17" wheels, plenty of tyres. I bought a good one, with rough ish paint, for $4000.00. Never missed a beat. Only money I spent was fork seals because one leaked, and tyres and new chain and sprokets. Because I wanted too, not because I had too.
    Very valid point, a 280 rear tyre is gonna be a bitch to replace, and pricey too!! How many kms had yours done?? This is a 1992, 12000 kms, overall very tidy condition.. looking at it for $3300.. Fair price you think??

Bike
    bandit 1200s

Cool pretty much the same

The bandit has a better choice of tyre size

but not knowing what year the bikes are; are any of them fuel injected?
    If the Hornet is and bandit isn't then it's probably worth the extra, if not then go for the bandit
    Lifes Just one big ride - buckle up or hang on

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    Quote Originally Posted by smoky View Post
    The bandit has a better choice of tyre size

but not knowing what year the bikes are; are any of them fuel injected?
    If the Hornet is and bandit isn't then it's probably worth the extra, if not then go for the bandit
    Both are carb'd IL4's.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Get a PERM.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJafa View Post
    Both are carb'd IL4's.
    indeed....

Thread Information