Page 75 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2423

Thread: The journey that COVID-19 will take us on

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Houehold of 3 with extended family of 4 and all of our known friends all double Jabbied!
    Two of the 4 work together alongside a young bloke who's grand parents are vaxxed, but his ma School Teacher) and Pa (Internationally accredited electrician) ain't. He is Not yet Vaxed, those 2 are asking why they should have to work alongside him, their collective work and familiiy(at least 8-10 babys and children) bubbles involve 30 odd, people, all of whom he could affect.
    Vaxed because, underlying health issues, because it stops us getting dead and might save some anti vxxer dying, win win really.

2 Jabs a 72 hr test for travel and unlimited access to our ordinarily boring lives, for us.
    Nothing for anti's or un vaxed until they see sense and get it done.
    Nice work mate . We're all double jabbed too. Only way to go...

lLke you, I'm struggling with the people who won't get the vaccination. I'm fearful of these guys now. Just saying.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    Im interested in how many of the Kiwi biker forum here have been vaccinated. And, if not, why not.
    Both my wife and myself got both jabs done as soon as possible.

The logic used by anti vaxxers baffles me. Most of them look relatively intelligent, until they open their mouth that is

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Both my wife and myself got both jabs done as soon as possible.

The logic used by anti vaxxers baffles me. Most of them look relatively intelligent, until they open their mouth that is
    both wife and I have had two shots.No way are we going to miss the opportunity to live a little longer,
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    Nice work mate . We're all double jabbed too. Only way to go...

lLke you, I'm struggling with the people who won't get the vaccination. I'm fearful of these guys now. Just saying.
    To be fair, they should be fearful of you.

My understanding is that vaccinated people can still catch covid, they just hopefully won't get seriously ill/die, but they can still pass it on to others.....
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    It's about a 50/50 of my circle that are jabbed. Some of us got together the other night and played poker. To be fair I wondered why a couple of us had to double mask, shove a cork up our arses, and play from inside zorb balls whilst breathing through tubes that ran out of the windows.

Ok, that's a lie. We each know who is and who isn't jabbed and carried on as if it didn't matter, coz we realise that it actually doesn't. To be fair though, we also each know that transmission isn't restricted to the non-jabbed. Some have had the jab to help protect themselves, with others getting it simply to have access to the freedoms to come. No anti-vaxxers at the table with all adults and kids of the adults vaccinated to date (some kids haven't had Gardasil though)... just relatively well adjusted human beings having a fucking good laugh without the need to spend the night lecturing each other on the virtues of our choices in life and just which of us poses the greatest threat to society given that each individual offers more than enough of a cogent argument on the subject to keep us from needing to draw such stupid lines.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Logic? It's not logic, it's misinformation. They aren't all stupid, but they definitely lack critical thinking skills. They've read a lot of bullshit and sucked it in enthusiastically without actually seriously considering it.

Similarly, yesterday I heard a comment about people who work in Silicon Valley. They are generally very intelligent, but 'wisdom' can be almost entirely lacking. Their knowledge of what they are working on may be exemplary, but their understanding of its likely effects on the world tends to be exceedingly limited.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    It was on the good
    I'm telling people I am not having the jab just because it is fucking funny watching their reaction and listening to them dribble on.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Really? Is that entertainment for you?

You should get a more interesting life.

Tried a hobby?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Noticed a covid thing on the gram today telling people in Northland to get tested immediately if they have symptoms. No brainer IMHO.

The comments have me in despair.

"Don't get tested, too many false positives". I corrected the spelling.

"Give me a $20 KFC voucher and I will get tested, hook me up Cindy".

"No test, no case's. Wake up".

I suggest the gummint mandate that those who are stirring shit go to the back of the queue for a hospital bed if they catch it.

Grrrrr. Locked down til Monday now.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    I'm telling people I am not having the jab just because it is fucking funny watching their reaction and listening to them dribble on.
    I'd rather get my enjoyment from riding motorcycles than by being a jerk about a serious disease that is causing so many problems (including from the lockdowns and closed borders).
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Logic? It's not logic, it's misinformation. They aren't all stupid, but they definitely lack critical thinking skills. They've read a lot of bullshit and sucked it in enthusiastically without actually seriously considering it.

Similarly, yesterday I heard a comment about people who work in Silicon Valley. They are generally very intelligent, but 'wisdom' can be almost entirely lacking. Their knowledge of what they are working on may be exemplary, but their understanding of its likely effects on the world tends to be exceedingly limited.
    Of course, it's a lack of independent critical thinking, which has its roots in intelligence in my view. There's an overload of info, good and bad, but one should be able to make an assessment after careful consideration.

One of the more enthusiastic anti-vaxxers doesn't want her sister and kids (all of them vaccinated) around, for fear of catching something from them after they've been jabbed. Something about vaccine shedding...
    No point even starting the conversation to set such a misguided soul straight

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Anyone who mentions 'The Elite' or DNA altering should be set afloat on the high seas in leaky dingy for being stupid and damaging to public health.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    One of the more enthusiastic anti-vaxxers doesn't want her sister and kids (all of them vaccinated) around, for fear of catching something from them after they've been jabbed. Something about vaccine shedding...
    I read a sad story about virus shedding. A woman drove eleven hours across the US to deliver a present to her daughters. When she arrived they asked if she had been vaccinated. When she replied that she had, they wouldn't let her in the house. She would shed the virus and make them infertile.

Off she went to start her eleven hour drive home. She didn't say if she left the present or took it home with her.

This is more intelligent:
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/co...al-vaccination
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Eugenics is a evil thing.

Sometimes.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post

"Don't get tested, too many false positives". I corrected the spelling.

".
    A lot of people thing test are 100 percent acurate but biological disease diagnosis life is not so simple.
    Sensitivity and specificity are traded off you can have a nearly 100 specific test (ie nearly no false positives) but when you do this no miss infected cases
    so in the real world you trade specificity for sensitivity as a million times more harm is done missing infected cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information