Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloody freedom camping rules.

Bike
    Yo momma
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/wanganui-c...ectid=11777793

One poo in the pot and out you go.

Bike
    If I could change laws to guarantee people came and spent money where I work I would also be all over it.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I did not know it was illegal to sit in a parked car after you have been drinking as the offense does have the word driving in it and being parked up is not driving I would have thought.

...you have proven on numerous occasions that you don't think...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I did not know it was illegal to sit in a parked car after you have been drinking as the offense does have the word driving in it and being parked up is not driving I would have thought.
    The wording .. is In Control of the vehicle whilst under the influence ... etc

Keys in the ignition and sitting in the drivers seat.

This also covers those giving driving lessons to a learner driver ... and sitting in the front passenger seat.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    This is a link to the QLDC area that shows the areas freedom camping is not permitted. Looking at it ... it would seem there is valid reasons for the ban in those areas.

http://qldc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/web...a68ab8305d0e07

Having lived in the Queenstown/Central Otago area for many years ... I've seen "Freedom Camping" in almost every green spaces, and most quiet (free) car parking spots throughout Central Otago. This includes children's playgrounds, parks and reserves and even school grounds. Even in a quiet cul-de-sac and darker street.

Left behind is the usual assortment of waste/rubbish/shit (literally)in (or near) an rubbish bins in the areas. I saw one letter written to the local free paper complaining that the rubbish bins in such places need to be enlarged "to stop the problem of this mess being made". The writer actually gave their name and country of origin. (France actually)

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    If I could change laws to guarantee people came and spent money where I work I would also be all over it.
    The (anti) freedom camping regulations are not laws. Merely by-laws. Enforced by Council staff and they hold NO powers of arrest or detention. Police are only involved if called by said council staff in cases of altercations with said freedom campers. Or ... if actual laws (depositing dangerous litter/wilful damage etc) are being broken. Any (court) actions started/taken after the issue of a ticket ... is up to the discretion of those appointed by the council to enforce the by-laws. That is of course if the offenders are still in the country when the fines are due. Often this is not the case.

It is not a case of "Changing Regulations" to just make them spend money where they work. It has been regular practice (for many years) in all of the Holiday Parks in Central to police their own camps to stop the "sneaky shower" practice. Some sneaky visitors have even been known to cook their meals in the camps kitchens without being booked in the camps. They choose to use privileges they have not asked (or paid) for. Most such places see it as theft and those caught are usually referred to the police.

In today's Otago Daily Times ...

https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/queens...wn-freeloaders

Bike
    my little pony
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Freedom campers=cunts too stingy to pay for a spot in a motor campground that leave their rubbish and feces in a pile when they move on. You can blame those scroungers for your misfortune.
    If you think you can rock up to a camping ground in Central Otago without booking 3 months prior, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    We have so much natural beauty and so little population density in this country, it's an incredible shame that the heavy hand of government (goaded by a handful of loud NIMBYs) is telling us how we can enjoy this beauty.

It's bad enough that 99.99% of the land in NZ is owned and inaccessible, at the very least we are within our rights to enjoy what little slice we have left.

Fuck freedom camping bylaws, most of which are illegal and unenforceable.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    Fuck freedom camping bylaws, most of which are illegal and unenforceable.
    When they start camping in the green spaces just down the road/street from your place ... you might change your opinion. And especially if its a place your kids play.

90% of the anti freedom camping by-laws apply to residential areas.

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    I have already had a rant about this subject some weeks back only to be told by one of the more regular posters to fuck off.Now it seems I may have been correct,come visit the Bay of Islands if you want to see the disrespect for the environment that these bludgers have.

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    When they start camping in the green spaces just down the road/street from your place ... you might change your opinion. And especially if its a place your kids play.
    Like I said, NIMBYs. Local residents don't own the public land around them - you don't get to tell other people how they can use public spaces, within the bounds of reasonableness of course.

It's the same smug, arrogant attitude of people who live in beach towns and try to exclude/limit the use of beaches by visitors.

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    Like I said, NIMBYs. Local residents don't own the public land around them - you don't get to tell other people how they can use public spaces, within the bounds of reasonableness of course.

It's the same smug, arrogant attitude of people who live in beach towns and try to exclude/limit the use of beaches by visitors.
    So you won't have any problem with people using the footpath outside your house to take a dump?
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    The (anti) freedom camping regulations are not laws. Merely by-laws. Enforced by Council staff and they hold NO powers of arrest or detention. Police are only involved if called by said council staff in cases of altercations with said freedom campers. Or ... if actual laws (depositing dangerous litter/wilful damage etc) are being broken. Any (court) actions started/taken after the issue of a ticket ... is up to the discretion of those appointed by the council to enforce the by-laws. That is of course if the offenders are still in the country when the fines are due. Often this is not the case.

It is not a case of "Changing Regulations" to just make them spend money where they work. It has been regular practice (for many years) in all of the Holiday Parks in Central to police their own camps to stop the "sneaky shower" practice. Some sneaky visitors have even been known to cook their meals in the camps kitchens without being booked in the camps. They choose to use privileges they have not asked (or paid) for. Most such places see it as theft and those caught are usually referred to the police.

In today's Otago Daily Times ...

https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/queens...wn-freeloaders
    Correct, it is a law, on a 'local' level. Good luck using that to somehow get around enforcement though.

Some people shoplift. Should rate payers in my local community pay for shop security and anti theft measures? Because that is what camp ground owners on some level are asking for.

I do feel compassion for them all said and done. The people that do that are in no way in the right, same with the lazy excuses for humans that shit next to a car in a fucking rest spot and drive off.

Rubbish could 'quickly' be helped by having refundable tax on glass and plastic.
    Only helped though, there are bigger problems.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    I have already had a rant about this subject some weeks back only to be told by one of the more regular posters to fuck off.Now it seems I may have been correct,come visit the Bay of Islands if you want to see the disrespect for the environment that these bludgers have.
    You paying a toll to use the road every time your on it. No? Bludger!

I hope there is a solution out there to keep people enjoying the country while weeding out the inconsiderate asshats.

Still though, not as much venom at what shocking farming practices are doing to the place as the camping crowds efforts. Bit selective.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrider View Post
    If you think you can rock up to a camping ground in Central Otago without booking 3 months prior, you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Being unable to book a spot in a camp ground has fuck all to do with this issue and certainly does not give the go ahead to park where you want, use facilities without paying (or even asking) that belong to private businesses and driving away leaving your trash and feces for someone else to clean up. These cunts are a bunch of filthy freeloaders that likely never even tried to book. Fuck them.

Thread Information