Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bloody freedom camping rules.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Would it be a simple solution to lift bans as such but charge those dumping waste with bio or eco terrorism?
    Life sentence at theirs or their personal expense followed by deportation ought to be a suitable deterrent.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC
    enforcement paid for by whom?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    Most freedom camping bylaws in place are illegal under this legislation, and it would be childs play to challenge infringements.
    Refer to the first post in this thread ... the OP was obviously NOT "freedom camping" ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    enforcement paid for by whom?
    The terrorist, should they be unable to pay, their govt.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    The terrorist, should they be unable to pay, their govt.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC
    yes but the catching, evidence-ing, and jewry/ court...

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Yesterday I was talking to a "Freedom Camper" of German extraction in an area clearly marked no camping,yep he was in a shitter Subaru station waggon,with his girlfriend but sans toilet.I gave him a bit of a rev and during the conversation it came about how much campgrounds are charging and why they chose to freedom it.We talked about Elliots Bay camp-lovely surf beach,no toilets (dig your own long drop)no showers and no water other than what comes out of a single hose serving the whole camp and its brown-the price $20 per person per night!!!!!!-This guy said that in Europe prices would be half this.While I agree that running a camp has its financial problems,I wonder if maybe some are being too greedy and forcing these young tourists into alternative ways.

Bike
    CB1300
    yes but the catching, evidence-ing, and jewry/ court...
    Add a poo tax to inbound tourists without hotel bookings.
    Get the councils to track it with this additional funding... call it Poolicing.

Once evidence is collected hand over to regular police or however does our counter terrorism.

Ps, I'm sure GCSB already track this shit. They just aren't sharing.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Yesterday I was talking to a "Freedom Camper" of German extraction in an area clearly marked no camping,yep he was in a shitter Subaru station waggon,with his girlfriend but sans toilet.I gave him a bit of a rev and during the conversation it came about how much campgrounds are charging and why they chose to freedom it.We talked about Elliots Bay camp-lovely surf beach,no toilets (dig your own long drop)no showers and no water other than what comes out of a single hose serving the whole camp and its brown-the price $20 per person per night!!!!!!-This guy said that in Europe prices would be half this.While I agree that running a camp has its financial problems,I wonder if maybe some are being too greedy and forcing these young tourists into alternative ways.
    That's at the very cheap end of the market. Which in many cases completely disappears peak season as the cheap sites get repriced significantly upwards. I've watched many council owned campsites we used as kids shut down or sold off to developers over the years, and I don't think they're being replaced. So I'm not sure the councils involved aren't in many ways directly responsible for the lack of facilities AND the prices the remaining ones charge.

Kiwi's travel far more than other countries, the Big OE has become a defining cultural Kiwiism and I think it contributes to our generally tolerant attitude for other cultures. I'm all for encouraging other countries to do the same, even if some of the cost is born by NZ. It's worked before and it'll work again.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    KTM
    Just charge a minimum $1,000,000 entry tax for any visitor and watch as NZ becomes the worlds escape plan for the wealthy

we can all just sit back and live on the tax.

Bike
    Pricing is interesting. Can't remember if I mentioned it before but I paid $35 a night for a powered site in Wanaka last year and here in Picton it is $51 I've since scored a place for $80 a week, which is still a bit more than I thought it would be (we charge a lady $50 a week to use a property in Chch that includes indoor toilet and wash house. Obviously we're too cheap!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    That's at the very cheap end of the market. Which in many cases completely disappears peak season as the cheap sites get repriced significantly upwards. I've watched many council owned campsites we used as kids shut down or sold off to developers over the years, and I don't think they're being replaced. So I'm not sure the councils involved aren't in many ways directly responsible for the lack of facilities AND the prices the remaining ones charge.

Kiwi's travel far more than other countries, the Big OE has become a defining cultural Kiwiism and I think it contributes to our generally tolerant attitude for other cultures. I'm all for encouraging other countries to do the same, even if some of the cost is born by NZ. It's worked before and it'll work again.
    Purau in Canterbury is an interesting example of that. A previous owner tried to partially subdivide it, he was told no, never ever it must remain a camp ground and then the next guy who came along with a bit more money in his pocket suddenly gets to do what he wants. But there is no corruption in NZ guys!

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Add a poo tax to inbound tourists without hotel bookings.
    Get the councils to track it with this additional funding... call it Poolicing.

Once evidence is collected hand over to regular police or however does our counter terrorism.

Ps, I'm sure GCSB already track this shit. They just aren't sharing.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC
    ...and for the ones not inbound tourist? the "kiwis"?

personally we need some snakes. or at least rumours of snakes

"...and a man had to have his cock and balls amputated after he was bitten by a snake while defecating within 200m of a river"
    news reports might slow things up...

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    I was travelling around Europe in my self contained Kombi in 2004 used to stay in campgrounds as we had young kids.
    Germany had good ones for Campervans called Standplatz's ( standing places) basically a carpark with toilets and showers for 10 euro a night....and they sold beer.
    Paid around 50 Euro once for camping in Austria and Italy. French had park up areas with toilets for a few euro.
    French campgrounds are often owned by Council so are cheap.
    Here I think the costs are reflected in the land prices.
    NZMCC was the driver behind Freedom Camping for campervans with self containment certs, but its hard to control non members. Not that difficult to get a van certified, sink, 10 l waste and drinking water PP or 3 days.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    CB1300
    ...and for the ones not inbound tourist? the "kiwis"?

personally we need some snakes. or at least rumours of snakes

"...and a man had to have his cock and balls amputated after he was bitten by a snake while defecating within 200m of a river"
    news reports might slow things up...
    The same.

That'd be the eels....

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    Did a spot of 'freedom bludging' the other night. The area was tidy as, unlike further up steam where the locals like to fish. They must be those bloody 'tourist locals' though so they're not accountable for anything because they are one of us, wankers.

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Geesus Taz,$51 in Picton is a real rip.Stayed at the backpackers on the roundabout a couple of years back-$26 in a dorm room with free choc pudding dessert,and a spa pool.Pretty much the best value BP on our 4 week ride through NZ.

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    This weeks Listener has some pretty scarey reading guys.

Thread Information